Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Air Kernel [JBN - Weekly : #311 | Stable - r4] [3.0.63+] [ 4.2.X & 4.1.X ]

Tip us?
 
phone_user
Old
#21  
phone_user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 791
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
I am far from a coding expert. Very far but isn't there some Matrix stuff in here? Maybe a mention in the OP for MathKid as well unless I am misinterpreting what I see.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
ACS : mathkid's team afaik

Just heads up? Does mathkid even have his own code? mathkid not Ezekeel or supercurio ha ha
Galaxy Nexus sold out
 
FL0OD
Old
(Last edited by FL0OD; 26th February 2012 at 03:21 AM.)
#22  
FL0OD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 949
Posts: 2,557
Join Date: Jul 2010
Here we go nothing like a little Saturday night fun:thumbup:

°•neXus S4G•°
 
Bruce lee roy
Old
#23  
Bruce lee roy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 516
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
Ok I am not here to start trouble. I thought it was a simple oversight. And maybe PMs have already been sent and not responded to

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
I understand completely. I just don't want to see unnecessary flaming when a simple pm might make all the difference. Perhaps your right and it's a simple oversight and your the first to catch it. A pm can be a great way to address such issues while remaining discreet.

You without me is like Harold Melvin without the Blue Notes
 
phone_user
Old
#24  
phone_user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 791
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
I am far from a coding expert. Very far but isn't there some Matrix stuff in here? Maybe a mention in the OP for MathKid as well unless I am misinterpreting what I see.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
Compare the two gits and please be as specific as possible when pointing out the stealing.

If you can't do it, Say sorry to the dev

Air
https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_ICS

Matr1x
https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_samsung_ics_real
Galaxy Nexus sold out
The Following User Says Thank You to phone_user For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JohnCorleone
Old
#25  
JohnCorleone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5762
Posts: 15,496
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whittier,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phone_user View Post
ACS : mathkid's team afaik

Just heads up? Does mathkid even have his own code? mathkid not Ezekeel or supercurio ha ha
MathKid is not on ACS. He did merge several tweaks of his own. Look, I am not going to start posting gits but its easy to add his name right next to the others. Obviously any and all development is welcome and I wish the OP all of the success in the world but you would be surprised how closely some devs work together even though they aren't on the same team

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
phone_user
Old
#26  
phone_user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 791
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
MathKid is not on ACS. He did merge several tweaks of his own. Look, I am not going to start posting gits but its easy to add his name right next to the others. Obviously any and all development is welcome and I wish the OP all of the success in the world but you would be surprised how closely some devs work together even though they aren't on the same team

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
If r_data adopted mathkid's tweaks, he must give the proper credits in OP. In principle, I'm in agreement to that.

If not, you ought to apologize to the dev
Galaxy Nexus sold out
 
JohnCorleone
Old
(Last edited by JohnCorleone; 26th February 2012 at 03:38 AM.)
#27  
JohnCorleone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5762
Posts: 15,496
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whittier,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phone_user View Post
If r_data adopted mathkid's tweaks, he must give the proper credits in OP. In principle, I'm in agreement to that.

If not, you ought to apologize to the dev
That's all that was asked privately ...for the past few updates. Phone_user, you probably know if you have read any of my posts in the past that I am not the type to speak out of my arse. I have the proof, it doesn't need to be posted publicly to denegrate the OP. It was most likely an oversight. Lets just assume the OP forgot

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
 
phone_user
Old
#28  
phone_user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 791
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
That's all that was asked privately ...for the past few updates

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Again, please be as specific as possible (ex. mathkid's own code or tweaks)
Galaxy Nexus sold out
 
mathkid95
Old
#29  
mathkid95's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5795
Posts: 7,539
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Ok I asked after several PM's to r_data but it is not working.

I find these tweaks on LKML, so I will admit they are not "my" tweaks. But look at the following commits:

Here is a tweak I added:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...b9a0aafb830449

He adds the same: https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...420025260cbd87


Ok, fine. Then that resulted in a compiler error. So I went through the source and fixed it here:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...c3e6343245fee0


and he just removes it:

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...9a2eeeb9534ffd



Then

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...4c0de6a2fe8031

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...cec92123fde602


Ok, I don't really care that the kernel uses it since it is from LKML and it is all open source.

But why copy all of the same patches I find?

KSM commit here:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...8c8cbbfd7c04c6

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...6153c5388a765c


But I really don't want to fight... I am just saying
 
phone_user
Old
#30  
phone_user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 791
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathkid95 View Post
Ok I asked after several PM's to r_data but it is not working.

I find these tweaks on LKML, so I will admit they are not "my" tweaks. But look at the following commits:

Here is a tweak I added:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...b9a0aafb830449

He adds the same: https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...420025260cbd87


Ok, fine. Then that resulted in a compiler error. So I went through the source and fixed it here:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...c3e6343245fee0


and he just removes it:

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...9a2eeeb9534ffd



Then

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...4c0de6a2fe8031

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...cec92123fde602


Ok, I don't really care that the kernel uses it since it is from LKML and it is all open source.

But why copy all of the same patches I find?

KSM commit here:

https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_s...8c8cbbfd7c04c6

https://github.com/edoko/AIR-Kernel_...6153c5388a765c


But I really don't want to fight... I am just saying
KSM mathkid's? omg

http://morfic.euroskank.com/git/?p=t...6e89e77f19b937
Galaxy Nexus sold out

Tags
mod edit: next offencive tags will be a ban.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes