Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]*Matr1x* with BLN and voodoo v25.0 | JB - 4.1.1/4.1.2/4.2

Tip us?
 
PMDColeslaw
Old
#3741  
PMDColeslaw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 1,360
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Memphis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
I use SetCPU. It doesn't seem to tax the battery so I set my CPU min and max and screen off profile on there..my idle battery drain is actually a bit better than this screenshot but hey, its day 1...lol
Oh ok. Can you use setcpu and NSTools together?
 
JohnCorleone
Old
#3742  
JohnCorleone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5759
Posts: 15,494
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whittier,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Oh ok. Can you use setcpu and NSTools together?
Yup, sure can. As a matter of fact, I THINK you can turn on BLN,BLD, etc with NSTools then delete it and the settings will stick...at least they used to.

Also, I wrote up a script that enables those nice voodoo color settings from Themes and Apps section on boot if anyone wants the script...
 
joenathane
Old
#3743  
joenathane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 1,319
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix
Your kernel is super fast!

I made this video to show an iOS fan that Android isn't laggy and slow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCy_u...ature=youtu.be

Great work.
 
mathkid95
Old
#3744  
mathkid95's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5793
Posts: 7,539
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to mathkid95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PMDColeslaw
Old
#3745  
PMDColeslaw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 1,360
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Memphis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenathane View Post
Your kernel is super fast!

I made this video to show an iOS fan that Android isn't laggy and slow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCy_u...ature=youtu.be

Great work.
What rom and settings are you running in that video? I can't get my ns to go that fast.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
(Last edited by Skunk Ape1; 5th May 2012 at 09:23 PM.)
#3746  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4803
Posts: 3,397
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Oh ok. Can you use setcpu and NSTools together?
Yes you can but something for you to remember. Setcpu will override the CPU settings in nstools. As it should. Otherwise your screen off profiles wouldn't stick. I setup my setcpu first and then setup the nstools. The ONLY things I use nstools for is setting bln, scheduler and deep idle.

Min/max CPU, governor and screen off profile is setup with setcpu.

If you haven't tried the wheatley governor you are missing out on the best screen off governor for our phones. While it isn't the best gov for everyday use it is by far the best screen off governor. With it setup as screen off profile, my phone only loses about 1% battery every 4 hours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joenathane
Old
#3747  
joenathane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 1,319
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
What rom and settings are you running in that video? I can't get my ns to go that fast.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I running Bugless Beast(4-06-12), Matr1x kernel 19.5(of course), Nova Launcher, lulzactive governor and 1.3ghz OC - that's it as far as performance tweaks.

This kernel brings great battery life and speed, Mathkid is very talented.
 
bnitty
Old
#3748  
bnitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
Yes you can but something for you to remember. Setcpu will override the CPU settings in nstools. As it should. Otherwise your screen off profiles wouldn't stick. I setup my setcpu first and then setup the nstools. The ONLY things I use nstools for is setting bln, scheduler and deep idle.

Min/max CPU, governor and screen off profile is setup with setcpu.

If you haven't tried the wheatley governor you are missing out on the best screen off governor for our phones. While it isn't the best gov for everyday use it is by far the best screen off governor. With it setup as screen off profile, my phone only loses about 1% battery every 4 hours.
what scheduler?

courtesy of my Gummy 104 Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2.1
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#3749  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4803
Posts: 3,397
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
I usually use Noop. However some have had really good results with the stock deadline.

 
JohnCorleone
Old
#3750  
JohnCorleone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5759
Posts: 15,494
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whittier,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
I usually use Noop. However some have had really good results with the stock deadline.
Snoop and Deadline both work great. I usually use deadline because I forget to scroll down and try others when I am flying through my setup. So I decided to run YouTube straight after my earlier screenshot and here's the screen on time before I stuck it on the charger....damn..stuck on charger with 10% battery left. So that's what's left here. Loving 19.5!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336255483057.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1043263  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes