OmniRom 4.4.4 Unofficial Nexus S 4G, Build - 1th July 2014

Search This thread

jwjames83

Nov 15, 2009
DFW, TX, USA
Setting.Out - You do realize this is for crespo4g - not crespo? You referenced that we should download the latest CM11 . . . but, an official CM11 for crespo4g does not exist.

adityaxavier

Nov 29, 2010
Setting.Out - You do realize this is for crespo4g - not crespo? You referenced that we should download the latest CM11 . . . but, an official CM11 for crespo4g does not exist.

I believe its referenced to CM11 for Crespo4g, my build. Check the forum.

Simpler way would be to flash the boot.img separately through flashboot flash boot boot.im ;)

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres

I believe its referenced to CM11 for Crespo4g, my build. Check the forum.

Simpler way would be to flash the boot.img separately through flashboot flash boot boot.im ;)

I only stated CM, as kernels are CM or AOSP, and Omni uses a CM based kernel.. So any CM based kernel should work.. I believe kernels can be swapped from crespo to crespo4g.. If this is the case, there are a few choices..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dzee206

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
I only stated CM, as kernels are CM or AOSP, and Omni uses a CM based kernel.. So any CM based kernel should work.. I believe kernels can be swapped from crespo to crespo4g.. If this is the case, there are a few choices..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i never knew that, gonna have to find my ns4g and get it up to date.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
does the latest release have the su issue like the 03/21 build? havn't flashed 03/24 build yet, damn battery died shortly after setting up the previous rom lol.

UPDATE: never mind sorry, i got it sorted by flashing super su 1.93.

Last edited:

jeffjaslow

Aug 22, 2010
WIFI hotspot

Just flashed the 3/24/14 update after returning my phone to stock ROM...

The only problem I am having is the WiFi hotspot...

It just shows an error after I tap it.

Any suggestions or similar experiences would be helpful. Love this build though and will keep using regardless.

Jeff

Last edited:

SpaceFuzz

Apr 6, 2008
OmniRom 20140321 stable and rockin' !!

I was reserving my accolades until I could test it a few days. System is rock solid stable, UI snappy (totally revived my NS4G), and my battery life is almost double now! On JB 4.1.1, it'd last about 12 hrs with moderate use. I now have 48% after 13 hrs with light-moderate use.
Thank you so much for the effort you're putting into this ROM!

TWRP 2.7
omni-4.4.2-20140321

Deontologist

Apr 27, 2013
Just wanted to say that this ROM is the BOMB. I had a old version by the OP of Kit Kat; it was a straight CM11 port, and OmniRom blows the pants off that old build. Slick, fast, it's breathed new life into my Nexus S 4G! Love it! It feels like I have a brand new phone with all the awesome features of Omni Rom!! Keep it up!

Only suggestions:

1) 4G. Why doesn't 4G seem to work on CM? Are the drivers for the wimax radio proprietary?

2) Kill app back button - bring that back to developer settings please :).

adityaxavier

Nov 29, 2010
Just wanted to say that this ROM is the BOMB. I had a old version by the OP of Kit Kat; it was a straight CM11 port, and OmniRom blows the pants off that old build. Slick, fast, it's breathed new life into my Nexus S 4G! Love it! It feels like I have a brand new phone with all the awesome features of Omni Rom!! Keep it up!

Only suggestions:

1) 4G. Why doesn't 4G seem to work on CM? Are the drivers for the wimax radio proprietary?

2) Kill app back button - bring that back to developer settings please :).

New Build updated.

4g doesnt work cause the proprietary jar files are not compatible with Kitkat anymore :(

shmily77

Apr 17, 2006
torch

Thanks for doing the work to put this up. A minor thing I have noticed is that flashlight (torch) doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have this problem?

wickid_d

Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere..
a bit more info would be much needed, what rom were you previously on? did you do a clean install?
clean install, yes, wiped all but sd storage - cm, although, it really shouldn't matter what rom i was on with doing a full wipe, but let me ask you this, which recovery should I be trying to install this? twrp or cwm? - As a note, I remember I had it running on my nexus s regular fine, but for some reason, it just won't install on here.. :(

Top Liked Posts