Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OmniRom 4.4.4 Unofficial Nexus S 4G, Build - 1th July 2014

Tip us?

adityaxavier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwielunski View Post
I will definitely check that out if you are still working on this phone when 5.0 arrives. Thanks for all the work you've done.
I'll definitely work to port android 5.0 onto our nexus s 4g. The sources are well played out and would need quite few changes to make it adaptable for other versions. However I might need to work on syslinux being compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to adityaxavier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3042

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaxavier View Post
Guys without a logcat how am I supposed to find the issue?

However it is known that the first boot takes an incredibly long time. Mainly because the time taken to process the apps and framework.

Art is not the default in 4.4.4 and our rom. It is default in 5.0 which I would port once sources are out.
thanks... i couldn't pull a log mainly because idk how to pull one when the phone is stuck in a loop... also, i left the phone for about 15mins and still never booted up... no worries... i'm running L on my N5 and i know ART is the default, i was wondering if you somehow made it the default on this ROM since i know my N5 took almost 10mins to boot the first time...

rsriram22
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default long boot time fixed by flashing boot manually

I have experienced the 'long boot time' with the omni logo showing up but not doing anything happen. tried clean install, formatted data system partitions/ factory reset nothing worked.

Finally, I went into fastboot and flashed the boot.img manually and the system booted up in matter of seconds. (The boot.img was extracted from the ROM's zip posted in OP).

After the phone booted up fine, I went back to TWRP 2.7.1.0 and flashed gapps-minimal and the reboot was a breeze too (matter of seconds).

I am coming from stock 4.1.2.

Thought this would help someone stuck at boot logo (omni).

and, thanks OP. its a day old that i am on the july 1 build and things seem to work okay so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsriram22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsriram22 View Post
I have experienced the 'long boot time' with the omni logo showing up but not doing anything happen. tried clean install, formatted data system partitions/ factory reset nothing worked.

Finally, I went into fastboot and flashed the boot.img manually and the system booted up in matter of seconds. (The boot.img was extracted from the ROM's zip posted in OP).

After the phone booted up fine, I went back to TWRP 2.7.1.0 and flashed gapps-minimal and the reboot was a breeze too (matter of seconds).

I am coming from stock 4.1.2.

Thought this would help someone stuck at boot logo (omni).

and, thanks OP. its a day old that i am on the july 1 build and things seem to work okay so far!
Let me try this method because I haven't gotten past the boot animation yet either.

I rolled all the way back to 4.1.1 so I could tether 4G with WifiTether app but since I barely see WiMax as it is I might as well get current

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

netjetman
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Wake Problems

My wife's phone running the newest build has the issue where it won't wake. If you leave it alone, you'll look over and see the keys are lit up dimly, and when you try to wake it, it doesn't do anything. It requires pulling the battery.

Any config changes I can make?

Scott