5,605,904 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PORT] [4.2.2] [Obsolete] Avatar ROM for Samsung Nexus S 4g

Tip us?

Effsi
Old
(Last edited by Whiskey103; 2nd March 2013 at 09:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Default [PORT] [4.2.2] [Obsolete] Avatar ROM for Samsung Nexus S 4g

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

This rom port is no longer needed (that means no updates or support from here out)
please go to the official roms thread for the current and future updates which is below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2065459

---

Old post below future reference

MOD EDIT : LINKS REMOVED

mms.apk isn't for cdma needs to be swapped out with a cdma apk for proper message splitting and maybe multimedia messages. forgot to do that before uploading. confirmed working by nwo please be sure to thank him too.

Goo.im is missing some files now. I do not have backups available. Sorry.
Switching modems on the Epic 4g : Universal Zip Swap
Currently running : Xy(lon)K 2.7.7
Fast. SansMDNIE. Remember to use the "Thanks" button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Effsi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nwo122383
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Re: [PORT][JB] [4.2.2] Avatar ROM for Samsung Nexus S 4g

This is working well awesome work. Thanks for all the hard work. Must be difficult without the device.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to nwo122383 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Effsi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwo122383 View Post
This is working well awesome work. Thanks for all the hard work. Must be difficult without the device.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
only thing hard so far is testing if it boots and since bug testing for issues. but you take care of one of those for me so thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Effsi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nwo122383
Old
Thanks Meter 56

hey man your doing all the hard work. I just tested it for ya to make sure it boots. that and to see if wifi and other things work. only things I cannot test are things that require network as the ns4g is not my main phone anymore. the sad thing is I have the photon q and there is so little development for it at this point so I need to get my flash on, lol.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
-Albert Einstein

flastnoles11
Old
(Last edited by flastnoles11; 25th February 2013 at 10:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effsi View Post
only thing hard so far is testing if it boots and since bug testing for issues. but you take care of one of those for me so thank you.
Hey bud, this is better suited for a pm, had one all wrote up and it won't send for some reason, but, it was pointed out to me that you really deserve an rc title at the very least, and I wholeheartedly agree with this! Before recommending you for rc status I have to ask your feelings on the matter, so here goes.. how would you like to become an rc, for all the work you do I sincerely believe you deserve this title! Let me know, through pm, out here, doesn't matter!

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

Effsi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME

Sounds great. I appreciate the recognition. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Effsi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effsi View Post
Sounds great. I appreciate the recognition. Thanks
Awesome, to make this process go smoothly, could you please send me a pm of some things you have worked on... I know there are your ports you've done, such as this one, but I know you have done other things also... kernels, mods? I believe you have some, general help around the community, anything that you have contributed to the community really, thanks bud. After I've received a few things to submit for your your approval as an rc, I will pm you about your status!

Anybody else that would like to see Effsi make rc, you can help out by sending me some things that you know he has contributed to as I know Effsi is a busy guy bringing more awesomeness to a phone that should have been dead a year ago, lol, thanks everyone I appreciate the help in getting Effsi recognized for all the things he has done to help make this community still one if the best around, as I'm sure he will also! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flastnoles11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charlie95113
Old
Thanks Meter 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flastnoles11 View Post
Awesome, to make this process go smoothly, could you please send me a pm of some things you have worked on... I know there are your ports you've done, such as this one, but I know you have done other things also... kernels, mods? I believe you have some, general help around the community, anything that you have contributed to the community really, thanks bud. After I've received a few things to submit for your your approval as an rc, I will pm you about your status!

Anybody else that would like to see Effsi make rc, you can help out by sending me some things that you know he has contributed to as I know Effsi is a busy guy bringing more awesomeness to a phone that should have been dead a year ago, lol, thanks everyone I appreciate the help in getting Effsi recognized for all the things he has done to help make this community still one if the best around, as I'm sure he will also! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD
He deserves this ...I mean making roms that boot for a device he doesn't own...yet its own devs had complications with ..is too much awesomeness...then the modded kernels for nexus radios on epic ....that was some isssshhhh .. i have this device ..my epic too and now my galaxy nexus too... yo Effsi I no miuiv4 gave you trouble from the mags u sent a while back..but if you could build the new miuiv5 that's about to release...or jbsourcery on the epic...I would ditch either nexus again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FAFS
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Thanks a lot for this, this ROM is great. I hope you stock around and help us 4g users!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

mikegleave13
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Running well here will test everything tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe