5,600,725 Members 38,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][crespo4g] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-03-10]

Tip us?

jeremydk
Old
(Last edited by jeremydk; 1st August 2011 at 09:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Has Nandroid restore been tested yet? I made a (compressed) image, flashed to a different rom for testing, and on restore, TWRP is showing successful, but I get returned to bootloader because I appear to have no (edit) boot data.

Reflashed rom, and restored everything but boot and I'm good to go.

Dees_Troy
Old
(Last edited by Dees_Troy; 1st August 2011 at 09:39 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydk View Post
Has Nandroid restore been tested yet? I made a (compressed) image, flashed to a different rom for testing, and on restore, TWRP is showing successful, but I get returned to bootloader because I appear to have no (edit) boot data.
Check your sdcard for a twrp folder. In there (and inside some other subfolders) you should find your backup. Look for one called boot.win. Rename this to boot.img and try to open it with a image viewing tool. Make sure that it isn't 0 bytes in size. Also might help if you upload the file somewhere like dropbox or the like and provide a link. Do you know what kernel you were using?

TheBurgh
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
yeah the first attempt i selected recovery img and manually selected wipe cache[s]. it prompted successful execute, but recovered cwm recovery (no recovery)lol. just rebooted and the second attempt i didnt check wipe cache[s]. all is GOOD now lol.
Thanks..I will give it a shot

Igotsanevo4g
Old
Thanks Meter 59
This is effing awesome

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Twitter - @Djcalied

Phone: Mako
Rom: Purity/Euroskank
Kernel: Franco/trinity

Evo 4G->Nexus S 4G->Galaxy S 3->Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Igotsanevo4g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeremydk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Boot.win is 8MB, and is not compressed -- As I'd selected to compress backups, it is trying to decompress this and flash the output?

snandlal
Old
(Last edited by snandlal; 1st August 2011 at 11:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 470

DONATE TO ME
problem here..............was using latest 4g teamwin recovery and it did not restore properly. Sent me to fastboot. So i flash clockwork back and now any backup i try to restore gives me an error: "error while flashing boot image!". Anyone got any idea? I did fastboot erase recovery and then i did fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

UPDATE: Ok so i did a fresh backup with clockwork and then restored. Apparently for me, no backup (from clockwork) that was made before i flashed Teamwin Recovery will work. Only a fresh one made after an install and uninstall of Teamwin. Weird.

Maximilian Mary
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure how I feel about backup images that are not compatible with fastboot. Other than that, this is mighty tasty.

P.S. You lost your horse? Whatever...

AssassinsLament
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 501

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian Mary View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about backup images that are not compatible with fastboot. Other than that, this is mighty tasty.

P.S. You lost your horse? Whatever...
Who said they weren't?

Maximilian Mary
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament View Post
Who said they weren't?
Dees_Troy did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy View Post
You can fastboot these backups:
boot/recovery/efs

You cannot fastboot these:
system/data/cache/sd-ext/.android_secure

Hope that clears it up.

spiicytuna
Old
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydk View Post

Reflashed rom, and restored everything but boot and I'm good to go.
Just gave this a whirl on mine and it worked 100%. I did a full wipe first. Restored my compressed backup. Booted (see my boot animation below).

I love twrp... if only it had a dialer.

by yours truly: SNAPturbo | SNAPwidget | SNAPpapers .......................... follow me on twitter @spiicytuna
collaboration: sculpted | Proton Voltage Control ..........................................or on g+

Check out what #teamwin is up to: http://teamw.in/