Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB] [4.4] Avatar ROM for Samsung Nexus S4G (crespo4g) -Updated[Jan 19, 2014]

Tip us?

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie95113 View Post
He meant ciui hqsnt been updated in a year and its gingerbread rom for htc evo

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
yes, thank you...that's exactly what I was referring to Team nocturnal hasn't updated the ciui rom since february 2012, iirc. It was built for GB. If the devs who work on Avatar rom borrowed any code from that rom, it would be the polite thing to give credit where it is due, but honestly I can't blame them for taking credit for the rom since team nocturnal has quite obviously abandoned it, and team avatar has released an updated rom with newer android at the base. Of course, this all hypothetically assumes there is borrowed code in this rom
The Following User Says Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sputnikk23
Old
(Last edited by Sputnikk23; 26th December 2012 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 109
getting black screen on a fresh wipe

Edit: tried everything to get it to boot. different kernels and gapps. no go. sits on black screen. so stolen or not, it no workie. hehe.

Sinistertensai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6280

DONATE TO ME
OP came up with the same concept, so what. I said in the past feel free to kang away at it. if the op would like to collaborate, hit me up. move on people.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sinistertensai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
Thanks Meter 7501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistertensai View Post
OP came up with the same concept, so what. I said in the past feel free to kang away at it. if the op would like to collaborate, hit me up. move on people.
Ahh the grace of humility saves the day, nice call Sin.

Sent from my EVO

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnikk23 View Post
getting black screen on a fresh wipe

Edit: tried everything to get it to boot. different kernels and gapps. no go. sits on black screen. so stolen or not, it no workie. hehe.
same here

Sputnikk23
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Kind of upsetting. 2 new ROMs here I tried flashing both result in black screen. Do we just compile, upload and link on XDA now w/out even worrying if it'll boot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sputnikk23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AngelosDracul
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
At least I am not the only one having these issues. Was kind of excited ot try this, as I want a simple ROM for my phone as my Nexus 7 is now my "powerhouse" to handle apps and games and such.

OP, what up, man?

Sputnikk23
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Xda scared him away.

I need something new and snazzy to flash damn it. I did all that backup work yesterday for nothing. I feel so empty.

Save me OP

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

localpagefirst
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default 2 New Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnikk23 View Post
Kind of upsetting. 2 new ROMs here I tried flashing both result in black screen. Do we just compile, upload and link on XDA now w/out even worrying if it'll boot?

Ditto wish the new posted roms were verified first to at least boot.

bippi79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9466

DONATE TO ME
We released this ROM on 16 devices and one of them was Samsung Nexus S (Crespo). It booted fine and we tested it ourselves many times. Infact crespo is our primary test device. Since it is a Cyanogen based ROM, all we needed to do was compile the ROM for crespo4g and create a image. This is the same technique we handle for various devices. We test on international variant of SIII and once we are sure the ROM works we compile for variants like SIII(AT&T) and then release the image.

We are not sure what is the problem because we don't have a crespo4g device and apologies from our side.

We will discontinue the support for this device for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by localpagefirst View Post
Ditto wish the new posted roms were verified first to at least boot.
Team AvatarROM

Phone : HTC One X
ROM : Avatar (4.2.2)
Code : AvatarROM