OP budm

19th November 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
South Bend
Thanks Meter: 47

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubnub82

Can't test in call audio as the phone force closing stops service.

It might be worth uploading, seeing if anyone can get it going right.
19th November 2012, 06:06 AM   |  #12  
Flag Gotham City
Thanks Meter: 36

196 posts
More
The GPS is checked as if it is on, but when I try to use Google Now, it cannot register my location. Instead it gives me the option to access settings to turn on Location Services which are already on.

Sent from my Crespo4G using xda app-developers app
19th November 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
South Bend

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman

The GPS is checked as if it is on, but when I try to use Google Now, it cannot register my location. Instead it gives me the option to access settings to turn on Location Services which are already on.

Did you try with Google Maps also? I was able to get a lock in maps, but that was all I tested in. Also, a logcat would be wonderful to see what is going on when this happens for you.
19th November 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #14  
Flag Gotham City

196 posts
More
Google Maps attempts to lock into my location, unfortunately, both Google Maps and Google Now don't seem to be able to access GPS.

Going to see if I can get a logcat sometime today. Aldo want to check the settings to see if Google's "Gesture" keyboard is within the rom and if not whether installing a separate apk will work.

Edit: Google's Gesture keyboard is not set by default, however, I was able to install the apk separately and it works great. No logcat yet.

Also, when attempting to look at the Storage section under Settings, it FCs. This is also the case when attempting to access any 4G options for obvious reasons.

Last edited by The Batman; 19th November 2012 at 04:22 PM.
19th November 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
South Bend

78 posts
Quote:

Google Maps attempts to lock into my location, unfortunately, both Google Maps and Google Now don't seem to be able to access GPS.

Going to see if I can get a logcat sometime today. Aldo want to check the settings to see if Google's "Gesture" keyboard is within the rom and if not whether installing a separate apk will work.

Edit: Google's Gesture keyboard is not set by default, however, I was able to install the apk separately and it works great. No logcat yet.

Also, when attempting to look at the Storage section under Settings, it FCs. This is also the case when attempting to access any 4G options for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the heads up, I will add them to the OP, and please do get the logcat, and if you can get one for when the menus crash also, it might put me in the right direction.
20th November 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #16  
Flag Gotham City

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budm

Thanks for the heads up, I will add them to the OP, and please do get the logcat, and if you can get one for when the menus crash also, it might put me in the right direction.

For some reason, I am unable to get a log cat. I keep getting the message "- waiting for device -" so I'm not exactly sure how to go about obtaining it. (FYI, I'm using a Mac).

If anyone has any tips on how or why this is not working, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I was able to get the logcat. Do you want me to PM you with it (@budm)?
Last edited by The Batman; 20th November 2012 at 07:31 AM.
20th November 2012, 01:17 PM   |  #17  
OP Member
South Bend

78 posts
Quote:

For some reason, I am unable to get a log cat. I keep getting the message "- waiting for device -" so I'm not exactly sure how to go about obtaining it. (FYI, I'm using a Mac).

If anyone has any tips on how or why this is not working, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I was able to get the logcat. Do you want me to PM you with it (@budm)?

Thanks for the Logcats, I'll read through them once I've had my morning coffee lol.

EDIT: Boy do I feel stupid. I forgot to include a few things, it should fix most your issues with the Google Now, and Maps.
Last edited by budm; 20th November 2012 at 04:33 PM.
20th November 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #18  
Flag Gotham City

196 posts
More
Awesome. Just let me know if and when you want me to test out the new build. Unless of course you just post it in the OP.

Thanks for getting this rom together btw.

Edit: any way that you could cook the new Gmail apk into the rom? Also, I've been having Superuser issues. The rom doesn't allow for applications to obtain root access.

Last edited by The Batman; 20th November 2012 at 05:04 PM.
20th November 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #19  
OP Member
South Bend

78 posts
Quote:

Awesome. Just let me know if and when you want me to test out the new build. Unless of course you just post it in the OP.

Thanks for getting this rom together btw.

Edit: any way that you could cook the new Gmail apk into the rom? Also, I've been having Superuser issues. The rom doesn't allow for applications to obtain root access.

I'll be adding it to the OP once I fix/try to fix the settings stuff. and I just added the new Gmail ( I think, I'll double check this though) and I'll provide the SuperUser Zip for any issues. All in all, should be up in about 1 to 4 hours after I finish some things around my house.
The Following User Says Thank You to budm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #20  
Flag Ormond Beach
Thanks Meter: 27

381 posts
More
is this ROM pretty stable? I am looking forward to flashing this but I know its a pretty new ROM and my phone has been acting funny and dont want to chance screwing it up!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread