5,600,612 Members 33,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast (Nightlies)

Tip us?
 
grifforama
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 1,270
Join Date: Dec 2009
The best.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1328790035762.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	894203  
 
Ludio
Old
#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2006
I am having issues with YouTube client force closing and another app that will work then randomly stop and force close as well always asking and stating application not working. Anyone having weird behavior with apps as well.
 
grifforama
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 1,270
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludio View Post
I am having issues with YouTube client force closing and another app that will work then randomly stop and force close as well always asking and stating application not working. Anyone having weird behavior with apps as well.
I've had absolutely zero FC's with any of Pete's ROMs.
Maybe try fixing permissions, or clearing your cache, and clearing dalvik cache ?
Failing that, try another clean install. You should not experience any FC's with any of the nightlies.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaotic View Post
Stable, lag free, responsive and smooth
As to be expected from Pete.
GPS locks in 2 secs. Firm signal and wifi connection.
MMS sends noticeably fast.

I've gotta calibrate my batt but i'll provide more input on batt life with the cooked in kernel... only real complaint is that I'm noticing my screen is a little hotter than usual, compared with other roms. I'll be using this more and providing more feedback.
My battery is great on Pete's with cooked kernel. The only thing I miss really is BLN, but I can live without it for the stability and smoothness of BB
 
PMDColeslaw
Old
#24  
PMDColeslaw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 1,349
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Memphis

 
DONATE TO ME
AWWWWWWW SNAP! I love that I can have the same stable rom on both my Xoom and my phone!! Thanks Pete!!
 
joebarkho
Old
#25  
joebarkho's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 689
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.
If I helped, hit that thanks button :B thanks!
 
mattallica76
Old
(Last edited by mattallica76; 9th February 2012 at 02:46 PM.)
#26  
mattallica76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 2,338
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hanover, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarkho View Post
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.
Pete has many optimization's under the hood. They do have the AOSP look, but if you watch his github, you can see the changes and cherrypicks.

You can always customize the appearance to your liking.
.
.



 
Ludio
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifforama View Post
I've had absolutely zero FC's with any of Pete's ROMs.
Maybe try fixing permissions, or clearing your cache, and clearing dalvik cache ?
Failing that, try another clean install. You should not experience any FC's with any of the nightlies.[COLOR="]
I had done that but I installed system data from a previous back up I reflash and it seems OK now. I installed the apps left out the data from back up... thanks
 
MrDrumngun
Old
#28  
MrDrumngun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 450
Join Date: May 2011
Can somebody post a screen shot of the new features? I'm on sensei mod v2 and Android OS barely taps into battery usage just like the stock 4.04 from snandial and I would love to jump into Pete's ROM again but this is working great so far. I hope he switches to the 4.04 build soon
 
BuglessPete
Old
#29  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 875
Posts: 389
Join Date: Feb 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludio View Post
I am having issues with YouTube client force closing and another app that will work then randomly stop and force close as well always asking and stating application not working. Anyone having weird behavior with apps as well.
No one else has had this happen. Fully wipe after installing the ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarkho View Post
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.
I wish it was stock, would save me a ton of time and effort lol. Take a look at my github, see the magic happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrumngun View Post
Can somebody post a screen shot of the new features? I'm on sensei mod v2 and Android OS barely taps into battery usage just like the stock 4.04 from snandial and I would love to jump into Pete's ROM again but this is working great so far. I hope he switches to the 4.04 build soon
When Google releases 4.0.4 source I will have it out
The Following User Says Thank You to BuglessPete For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Androidawg
Old
#30  
Androidawg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 406
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrumngun View Post
Can somebody post a screen shot of the new features? I'm on sensei mod v2 and Android OS barely taps into battery usage just like the stock 4.04 from snandial and I would love to jump into Pete's ROM again but this is working great so far. I hope he switches to the 4.04 build soon
Per Pete twitter account, he's using the proprietaries from 4.0.4, but he is sticking with 4.0.3 base because that is the official release currently.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarkho View Post
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.
Yeah, he optimizes, but he doesn't push in a bunch of customizations.
MY FIRST XDA POST July '09 TMO G1 Forum

For HTC Clay
Jesus Christ is MY Lord and Savior
1 John 3:16

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes