The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elementur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #1142  
Thanks Meter: 951

2,559 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergie716

if you want, go through this thread and look for 480x800 for the new boot ani

Funny. Phone boots so fast you never really get to check it out.

°•neXus S4G•°
23rd February 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #1143  
Flag Coralville
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Donate to Me
More
Trying to understand
In this release you removed the lulzactive governor control module(one of my favorite parts by the way, it worked really well) and upgraded the kernel. You also widgified the torch and added power button functionality for the camera, battery status tweaks and several other enhancements.

In past updates there were some with many more additions that only increased your versioning by trailing decimal, and others that only receive a patch level...

I really want to understand why you chose to version this release at 3.0 instead of something like 2.1 and am hoping maybe you can shed some light on good rules of thumb to follow for maintaining ROM updates. If I can ever resolve VM heaping issues in Eclipse on this crappy old PC of mine I may actually turn out my own ROM, but to do so and maintain it I would want to know that I am not going to waste my time because of the time it takes my single core 3.1 GHz Intel processor to compile all the source, not to mention the eclipse tweaks I have to perform frequently to avoid the VM heaping issues.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, because I absolutely love the combination of CM9 2.0 with Black Infinitum Theme, I will not be upgrading again until next AOSP release or CM9 implements its own theming finally. More control over how my software looks and Icon packs... That leads me to an entirely new thought and question, has anyone ever attempted to make an app that attempts to decompile apk, modify xml and recompile apk on the fly to have granular control over the SystemUI?

All that to say this, Thanks again to all the effort in bringing us Cyanogen.
23rd February 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #1144  
Flag Holbrook, MA
Thanks Meter: 105

1,112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why is support for this device or feedback so.. quiet? I'm not saying in general just specific to cyanogenmod and the nexus s... like even with Cyanogenmod 7.. its been quiet.. and its been like this for the last 3 devices i've had, HTC Sensation, HTC Thunderbolt and now the Nexus S4G. I dont see any change log or input on this build. Its just quiet. Even on the website it is. If someone can appoint me to somewhere were this is actual talk about this device and Cyanogen.. please point me to it.
23rd February 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #1145  
Thanks Meter: 951

2,559 posts
More
The feedback in the forum is because there are so many kangs out there that have a lot of features that people like and it seems as though cm instead of leading the way like they did back in the day they are taking their time with their builds. Which is fine because they do what they do but with the absence of nightlies it always seems as though they are catching up because of the kangs that are available almost daily. Peoples attention spans are shorter and shorter and are jumping on builds that are updated more often. No offense to the cm team because without them there would be no kangs or a base for a lot of development but as we see more and more devs we will see more and more roms being developed where for AOSP cm in the past was king.

°•neXus S4G•°
23rd February 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #1146  
Thanks Meter: 55

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD

The feedback in the forum is because there are so many kangs out there that have a lot of features that people like and it seems as though cm instead of leading the way like they did back in the day they are taking their time with their builds. Which is fine because they do what they do but with the absence of nightlies it always seems as though they are catching up because of the kangs that are available almost daily. Peoples attention spans are shorter and shorter and are jumping on builds that are updated more often. No offense to the cm team because without them there would be no kangs or a base for a lot of development but as we see more and more devs we will see more and more roms being developed where for AOSP cm in the past was king.

°•neXus S4G•°

yeah, build bot, where are you? stuff is obviously happening, but the forums are quiet so with no build bot, it feels like nothing happens. Is there an IRC channel or anything?
23rd February 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #1147  
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Smile Awesome!
Love it! I am so happy! ICS before a official release! Of course some features are not yet available. But wow! This works great! And now I can be happy until the official CM9 release!
23rd February 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #1148  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 537

1,323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasengan82

Is there a way to disable voodoo color. I really want the colors to look like stock kernel.

You can adjust the colors in the Nexus S Settings app, these are the settings i'm using

23rd February 2012, 12:34 PM   |  #1149  
Thanks Meter: 1,038

3,022 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamadeix

Why is support for this device or feedback so.. quiet? I'm not saying in general just specific to cyanogenmod and the nexus s... like even with Cyanogenmod 7.. its been quiet.. and its been like this for the last 3 devices i've had, HTC Sensation, HTC Thunderbolt and now the Nexus S4G. I dont see any change log or input on this build. Its just quiet. Even on the website it is. If someone can appoint me to somewhere were this is actual talk about this device and Cyanogen.. please point me to it.

The changelog has always been in the 2nd post of this thread.
23rd February 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #1150  
Philadelphia - HTC One (m7)
Thanks Meter: 390

2,173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenathane

You can adjust the colors in the Nexus S Settings app, these are the settings i'm using

The gamma being forced to all zeros and no lower causes the colors yo get washed out and too bright. Ever since that update I have been ditching the cm kernel for matrix. Its a shame as the cm kernel was great.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crespo4g ics
Previous Thread Next Thread