5,600,664 Members 36,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NS4G] CyanogenMod 9 v4.0.4 - v4.0

Tip us?

JiminyCricket64
Old
(Last edited by JiminyCricket64; 26th March 2012 at 04:03 PM.) Reason: quoted wrong
Thanks Meter 13
(dsp manager/gmusic stutter)

I have it happen a couple of times over many hours w/phone idling. Turning deep idle off helps lessen the frequency, but I am still running at 100mhz low side--maybe higher processor speed or different governor setting would prevent it? (I'm on "smartassv2")

Jamin13
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyCricket64 View Post
(dsp manager/gmusic stutter)

I have it happen a couple of times over many hours w/phone idling. Turning deep idle off helps lessen the frequency, but I am still running at 100mhz low side--maybe higher processor speed or different governor setting would prevent it? (I'm on "smartassv2")
For me, it occurs within minutes, usually when the equalizer is active. All settings were default (fresh install) so stock frequencies and governor (interactive I believe). Never happens on CM7 and 1200-1400mhz likes to reboot the phone. Maybe I need to try Matr1x or GLaDOS or something more stable.

JiminyCricket64
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin13 View Post
For me, it occurs within minutes, usually when the equalizer is active. All settings were default (fresh install) so stock frequencies and governor (interactive I believe). Never happens on CM7 and 1200-1400mhz likes to reboot the phone. Maybe I need to try Matr1x or GLaDOS or something more stable.
I'm on Matr1x 18.0

Jamin13
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyCricket64 View Post
I'm on Matr1x 18.0
Might be worth a try then. I went back to my CM7 Nandroid for the time being though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

aliwho
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Anyone have a Gapps v11 mirror? The link in the OP is dead.

devlogic
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwho View Post
Anyone have a Gapps v11 mirror? The link in the OP is dead.
http://goo-inside.me/gapps

mondokat
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshyde View Post
It's been discussed (and I've experienced it myself as well) that you should always re-install gapps AND wipe data. On the re-install front I've seen things like double galleries go away after re-installing gapps. On the wiping front, I've had some sever issues with battery life fixed when I wipe my data and re-install with Titanium (or just let the apps re-install from the market.

On the network front, that's been an issue with 4.0.3. We're all hoping that will be fixed when Google releases 4.0.4 (5, 6) and the guys at CM get it integrated.
I installed the v11 gapps over the v4.0 listed above and my wifi fixed itself. Good call. Running as my daily now, we'll see how it goes. So far so good, though...

akabadnews
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshyde View Post
You mean aside from the fact that there is no RC for CM9 for Nexus s 4g (at least according to the CM D/L site)? I can say that there is at least two newer nightly builds you can try and there's been a post for a v4.0 of CM9 as well.
I am currently running the nightly from 3-24. I was referring to Robert Burns' version of CM9 as "RC0" because that's what he put in the file name. Sorry if it caused any confusion. I wanted to know the difference between the nightly from 03-24-12 for the crespo4g as compared to v4 or Robert Burns' version.

But then again I'm not too interested, as this nightly has been doing just fine for me since I flashed it. No issues with wifi or MMS. Running Matrix v18, on demand, min200 max1000. No deep idle.

alexh3791
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question SMS Split / MMS

I really liked the feature in v2.0 that just converted an SMS message to MMS when it was more than 160 characters (if SMS split wasn't enabled).

Is there any way we could get that back in future builds?

I'd much rather send my recipient an MMS with all of my text, rather than several different SMS messages which frequently come in out of order...

bdubs4200
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh3791 View Post
I really liked the feature in v2.0 that just converted an SMS message to MMS when it was more than 160 characters (if SMS split wasn't enabled).

Is there any way we could get that back in future builds?

I'd much rather send my recipient an MMS with all of my text, rather than several different SMS messages which frequently come in out of order...
that would be very nice!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Tags
crespo4g ics