More
for those that are curious for a changlog:

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo4g
26th April 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #1822  
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 167

810 posts
More
At least on my 04/22/12 nightly you can toggle it by going to Settings > Advanced > Backlight Notifications
27th April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #1823  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I tried both the nightly 425 and 424, and got the same error..

"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "crespo4g"

Status 7
Aborted

Suggestions?

**fixed it**

Issue was because I didnt use ROM manager. I installed CWM directly via the command prompt. So each time the phone reset, it went back to the stock recovery image...

Installed rom manager, it worked fine after.
Last edited by jmilch; 27th April 2012 at 07:23 AM.
27th April 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #1824  
Flag Somewhere..
Thanks Meter: 27

170 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlogic

I think you mean Mac OS X, not iOS (the latter being the one for phones, pods, and pads). Mac OS X is built on top of a Unix derivative that's definitely not Linux. Specifically, it's based on (or rather, is/was originally) OPENSTEP, which was made by NeXt and based on FreeBSD/NetBSD, which are in turn based on BSD Unix. See the "Unix" and "OS X" articles on Wikipedia for the full story.

In terms of needing to make modifications to the OS in order to successfully talk to a Nexus S 4G over USB, I haven't needed to on my MacBook. Connecting the USB results in device detection, no matter what mode my handset has been in (note: I haven't tried "firmware restore" mode, but fastboot/bootloader, CWM recovery, and plain old "on" all work fine). In the past, I HAVE had to add my nookColor to the Android SDK's ~/.android/adb_usb.ini, but I've definitely never had to add my Nexus S to any configuration files at all. I think touchfan is right in trying to flash something else, then flashing back to CM9. Alternately, I might flash the stock image ( https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images ) to reset EVERYTHING, then start over with a fresh fastboot erase recovery and fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-crespo4g.img (or other recovery of choice).

ios, Mac os x.. Same crap, different name.. But yeah, that was what I meant.. As a Linux user of 19 years.. (and originally didn't use it for good (Lord Nikon, and the original g3 ring a bell from the late 90s?), but the reason I'm EXTREMELY familiar with the inner workings of android).. Basically, since it first hit the net.. I can assure you the wiki is bad info.. It's built on Debian, which, is built on bsd Unix (that part is right), because I've hacked a Mac os x system to recover a user for a client one time when they forgot their password (NOT an easy task, mind you), and it takes Debian (or bsd Unix) ONLY commands, to do it.. Please bare in mind, wiki is user-submitted, so the information presented is not always accurate..

However, back ot, I think you've basically answered your own question at this point.. lol all Linux, especially back in the early days, is ALL trial and error, with some luck and programming knowledge, soooo yeah, it sounds like you've pretty much got it figured out..
-----
Sent from my phone
using my finger... ;)
-----
Last edited by wickid_d; 27th April 2012 at 09:36 AM.
27th April 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #1825  

10 posts
Stop vibrating!
I'm running the 20120424 nightly and whenever I select a text field (e.g. typing a text message, composing an email) my phone vibrates. I can turn this off by going to Settings -> Sound -> (uncheck) Vibrate and ring, but that turns off vibrate when I get notifications/phone calls. What's the deal? Is that how it's supposed to work, did I change some other setting somewhere that I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Note, this is different than the haptic feedback that occurs when you're typing on the keyboard, this is a solid "vrrbbbth vrrbbbth" when I tap a text field.
28th April 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #1826  
Flag joliet
Thanks Meter: 423

757 posts
More
New nightly is up. 4/27

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
28th April 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #1827  
Thanks Meter: 10

165 posts
Anything exciting in the new nightly?

28th April 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #1828  
Thanks Meter: 350

1,839 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivelio

Anything exciting in the new nightly?

I would say no. The changelog looks like all behind the scenes stuff. No lock screen customization, flashlight power control button or anything cool like that yet.

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo4g
Last edited by Evo_Shift; 28th April 2012 at 03:18 AM.
28th April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #1829  

22 posts
Anyone else having a issue with hotspot or opengarden tethering?

I get a "wifi interface" failed error message, along with a few others...

Wifi works otherwise, I did do the kernel fix since I am using a custom kernel. But Tether is not working for me.... and thats half the reason I rooted. Any suggestions?

***Im running the 425 nightly***
Last edited by jmilch; 28th April 2012 at 06:43 PM.
28th April 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #1830  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wctom

I can't get wifi tether to work on the latest cyanogen nightlies from the past week (stock kernel). The hotspot does not show up on other computers.

It works fine with older builds. Anyone else encountering the same problem?

I am going to guess it has something to do with that wifi issue that had to be fixed, moving the file from one folder to another....

Because I can't get it to work either...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crespo4g ics
Previous Thread Next Thread