[ROM] Mi-Roid {PORT} MiuiAndroid v2.11.30 w/ Control Panel

Search This thread

jbaskew

Nov 5, 2010
Outer Rim
Thanks, OP. I've been working on this for a few days and haven't got a working one yet..so thank you! You've saved me a lot of work.

jbaskew

Nov 5, 2010
Outer Rim
Very nice rom, feels faster after installing Matrix v23 kernel :victory:

I just installed the trinity jb 1320mhz kernel I found the with the 1440 I'd get occasional reboots. I've never tried a matrix kernel so I'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Sorry if this a dum question, but where's the Tool Box?

I understood the miui toolbox only to be supported on official devices, ie crespo not crespo4g. Maybe this isn't the toolbox you're talking about?

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
If anyone on this thread has fergies video tutorial on porting miui can you plz post a link than his linx are dead

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

subnoize soulja

Sep 8, 2011
Ormond Beach
I just flashed this rom with no problems but when i went into the network assistant to do the data usage thing it keeps saying i exceeded my limit??? I have unlimited data and everything so im not sure why? I typed in 1,000,000 GB but it says that i exceeded that... Am I doing saying something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated Thanx in advance

culaponk

Jul 4, 2009
Thnks bring miui for us.
Love this rom using matr1x 23.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

makotech222

Jul 8, 2011
Getting an error when using google play(market) When trying to download apps, it says server cannot be accessed. Im on wifi.

jaronow

Nov 14, 2008
sorry i;'ve been soo busy this week with some personal stuff, getting back together with the love of my life and had my 28th b-day. i have last weeks release ready, 2. to post up in a few hours here once it finishes uploading to mediafire. i have some screenshots to upload to my OP as well.

there is no new build this week due to a Chinese Holiday so its a good thing i guess that i have been busy

i am still working on porting toolbox over, there is a lot of smali edits in the MiuiSystemUI and its a painfully slow process to find them all and compile/test. i will have something to put up by the end of weekend, fingers crossed.

as for the GPS and phone issues i saw posted above me, if you are bone stock/no different kernels, and having issues try reflashing after a complete wipe, and once or twice i have had to do a permissions fix after my first of second bootup to get a bugfree system.

also make sure if you are coming from a different rom to not use Clockwork to restore data as it'll mess things up. you'll need to us TI

Reactions: noizy1234

simpleagony

May 17, 2009
Flashed over this ROM, then went to program activate the phone with sprint. When they ask me to do the *#*#number#*#* nothing pops up. Is there a special way to do this with MIUI? Or should I flash back to stock ROM program it, then flash back to MIUI?

noizy1234

Feb 20, 2012
Flashed over this ROM, then went to program activate the phone with sprint. When they ask me to do the *#*#number#*#* nothing pops up. Is there a special way to do this with MIUI? Or should I flash back to stock ROM program it, then flash back to MIUI?

I don't think MIUI supports that

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Reactions: simpleagony

datkid

Feb 12, 2011
Great ROM definitely a keeper only thing is SMS is stuck in portrait is there a fix other than a reflash or fix permissions because I tried that. I can still live without.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

simpleagony

May 17, 2009
I don't think MIUI supports that

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Thanks. I ended up flashing to another ROM, set up the phone, then flashed back this ROM :)

A bug/issue I encountered was when sending a text message, if the message is over 160 characters, the recipient receives the messages all garbled. Works fine under 160 characters though.

Last edited:

jaronow

Nov 14, 2008
Thanks. I ended up flashing to another ROM, set up the phone, then flashed back this ROM :)

A bug/issue I encountered was when sending a text message, if the message is over 160 characters, the recipient receives the messages all garbled. Works fine under 160 characters though.

that is because the stock app will not seperate messages over 160 characters, its a gsm thing or cdma bug. either way if you go over 4 messages it will send as an mms or you can download go sms or handcent

as for the SMS app not rotating that is a change miui made, everyone is bithching for them to bring landscape back and they say they will once it is perfect so just wait for that

i updated the op this morning to 2.9.29, its much nicer. i almost have the toolbox basics done, what a pain that is. i have to update some of what i did but i put a better version of busybox and got all the modules it needs as well as added some of brainmasters tweak scripts

Reactions: simpleagony

N3V3RS3TTL3

Apr 20, 2011
Seattle
Just did clean install of v2.10.12 and it boots then I receive message, "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." It won't allow me to clear message or move past that point. Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I proudly present to you...... Mi-Roid

Mi-Roid is my port of the crespo MIUIAndroid weekly build with many additions, tweaks and mods added together for a great user experience. If there’s something you'd like added in feel free to post or pm me

For those of you wondering what Miui is.... that is a hard thing to describe but in a genreality it is a complete rebuild of android based on AOSP from the ground up. It has a build in theme manager that makes Cyanogen's look like childs play, you can change almost any little thing instead of applying an entire theme or you can apply an entire theme. It has build in virus scanning, autostart app control, flashlight app and all the goodies of cyanogen or other AOSP roms but in a whole new fashion. It is sort of IPhoneish but still feels like android not some apple product. If you dislike the launcher feel free to download any of your standard favourite launchers and use them, it'll free up some memory too.

Check out this video showing what Miui is

A few of my favorite features are listed below:

**While on the lockscreen if you press and hold home the flashlight will turn on for 30sec
    **While on the homescren if you long press home the memory manager comes up to clear/free up memory

I plan on updating by Sunday night or Monday morning following the friday release of each weeks build. This will give me a few days to make sure the basics are working and to try and add features as i work a lot during the week and weekend gotta survive this cruel world somehow

If you have issues or questions please post them up here as someone may be able to help you on the forum before i check my PM's or get online to read/post.

Please Read the rest of this post and the ones below it for all info regarding issues and install before asking a question, i know it's pointless to ask this but maybe it'll save me one headache and at least one noob a thrasing from the senior members.

Screenshots ** Click on it, its a slideshow of a few shots - more to come

Current Version Miui Android 2.11.30

Change Log: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-11-30.18891/

What's Not Working

**Google Voice**
    **Sprint Visual Voicemail**

My Additions & Tweaks

-4way Reboot Mod
    -updated to latest Google Play Store v3.10.9
    -added latest Miui DSP Manager - credit fusionjack
    -added init.rc ability - credit CM team
    -added init.rc script for sd read/write speed increase - credit CM team
    -added init.d script ability - list of scripts below
    *Automatic Zip Align - credit brainmaster
    *System Tweaks - credit brainmaster
    *CPU - my script to set Matrix kernel
    -added latest 4.2 Camera, Libs, and Gallery
    -added 4.2 ringtones and notifications
    -added Microbes Live Wallpaper back in
    -build.prop tweaks
    -adb enabled by default
    -adb icon hidden
    -added latest busybox and modules
    -Smooth Scrolling Mod
    -Supercharged services.jar - I advise you supercharge your MI-Roid rom, far superior memory management and multitasking
    -modified DownloadProviderUI for larger download warnings, added 20MB & 50MB - credit Miui.US Toolbox
    -auto convert 2+ long sms into MMS to avoid garbled messages when using stock Mms.apk
    -Modified/Themed keyboard with swype for Miui - credit fusionjack
    -added latest Google Ears for free Music Identifying
    -MMS landscape rotation enabled - credit cat_baxter
    -added Marmite v 7.1.3
    **there are so many features and things about Marmites kernel, please go to his thread to check it all out
    Miui Control Panel - thanks to fusionjack & lenny_kano
    -removed Updater.apk, MusixFX (DSP Manager in its place), BugReport.apk, WeatherProvider.apk, LegacyCamera.apk, MiuiGallery.apk

--Special Thanks to bedalus for his kernel and how to build guide
    --Special Thanks to Miui Android
    --Special Thanks to fusionjack
    --Special Thanks to lenny_kano
    --Special Thanks to Miui Australia
    --Special Thanks to CM Team
    --Special Thanks to zeppelinrox
    --Special Thanks to dsixda for his kitchen
    --Mad props to Fergie for his original how to porting guide based on ICS Miui, it helped me a lot :)

There are many others who have taught me lots on others phones and if you feel i owe you some credit or i added some of your work and forgot to credit you PM me

***Download Link***
    http://www.mediafire.com/?skkwqlwans8e6r2

Previous Builds - will be posted soon

Install and Setup Directions Below in 2nd Post

Common Issues, Solutions and FAQ in 3rd Post
    hahaha, a few hours of drinking beer and i have figured it out

OP updated with a working version of 2.10.19, enjoy it early guys. i haven;t tested more than a few hours but it should be fine. I updated all my libs and files to the latest CM10 nightly based on 4.1.2 as is the rest of this Miui build.

i'll have an update by monday with some other stuff and the updated busybox and modules back in to get the init.d scripts working for some extra buttery smootheness, ooo and enjoy the 4 way reboot mod
    here is a link to the latest gapps, glad to know talk is working. i haven't messed with Voice this week. i'm in the process of updating the op with 2.11.23.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

this weeks build is awesome they finally got applying themes and mixed themes from the sd card and you don't have to download themes online off the theme manager unless you want to. i added the latest google ears for Music ID, it works pretty well. There are some other little things i did.

Landscape SMS is working!!!!!

i'll try and get the op updated by noon with links and such, but the latest build should alread be uploaded to ROM Manager in a few minutes

Also check out this bad ass lockscreen i found on the main Miui forum, you need a Xiamoi account to download it but we all should have one now anyway to authenticate themes
    OP updated to 2.9.11 - themes work but you need to register for a Xiamoi account to download and apply them. make sure you are on the stock original theme if you are updating from my previous build as the last two builds Miui incorporated DRM management into their themes, we can use the free ones but not purchase credits to buy the others

I have switched to using Miui Android as my base for porting, a memeber on their forum is making the control panel app with mods like the toolbox and mIui android posts info and on a timley mannor unlike Miui.US. All the same tweaks and more have been added this week as my previous ports and the changelog shows all the gooddies

i need to update the install and 1st time things to do as i have a nice official list made
    Crap, the file corrupted during upload. On both my computer and obviously the upload. I'll fix it tonight, it should have 3 way reboot in it too.

My bad guys, I should have checked the upload 1st

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2