5,595,815 Members 34,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 Euroskank KANGS &Trinity Kernels

Tip us?

FL0OD
Old
Thanks Meter 946
I have always enjoyed aokp. I think Rooster and I were the first two to ever try his build for the ns4g way back right before Christmas. It's made huge leaps and bounds since then. It's the only other rom I consider a daily driver other than our beloved skankwhich .

The Following User Says Thank You to FL0OD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rooster85
Old
Thanks Meter 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD View Post
I have always enjoyed aokp. I think Rooster and I were the first two to ever try his build for the ns4g way back right before Christmas. It's made huge leaps and bounds since then. It's the only other rom I consider a daily driver other than our beloved skankwhich .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vng10 View Post
how is AOKP.. i know this isnt the right thread but figured a quick comment wouldnt hurt?
AOKP is amazing.... since i dont have wifi I have been on M5 with the amoled blue theme since it dropped. And I usually don't make it more than a day without flashing. AOKP is like that thick cut bacon, really crispy and delicious. But you only get it a couple times a month if your lucky

Sent from my nXs 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to Rooster85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgreene1014
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster85 View Post
AOKP is amazing.... since i dont have wifi I have been on M5 with the amoled blue theme since it dropped. And I usually don't make it more than a day without flashing. AOKP is like that thick cut bacon, really crispy and delicious. But you only get it a couple times a month if your lucky

Sent from my nXs 4G
Does M5 Not have wifi? If not which build do you suggest trying?

Rooster85
Old
Thanks Meter 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreene1014 View Post
Does M5 Not have wifi? If not which build do you suggest trying?
I'm running m5 with matrix v19 and haven't had any wifi issues.... also haven't been around much wifi

Sent from my nXs 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to Rooster85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skunk Ape1
Old
(Last edited by Skunk Ape1; 4th May 2012 at 11:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4780

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

You're so right flood.... aokp was pretty bad ass. I was on those early builds as well. I flashed it for the first time on Christmas day and stuck with it for a long time. But love the euroskank and dark ice combo sooo much...

The Following User Says Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5707

DONATE TO ME
I have had this phone for a while and I still find little things I didn't know about like the inverted browser mode...you better really like black and white though.. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336193691782.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1041728   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336193705874.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1041729  

FL0OD
Old
Thanks Meter 946
Quote:
@morfic. Thanks for that. I guess my conspiracy theory was a little premature. I will say that there has been a major change overall with the way cm does things since ics has gone full bore. They have become far more conservative since the gb days. Just makes it look as though they are trying to move towards a more proprietary model as they possibly try to legitimize cm as more of a mainstream rom, ie touchwiz, sense. They have made mention in the past of such intentions and with the move away from putting out as many experimental/nightly builds sends a message, again I'm speculating, that they are trying to show someone that even their nightly builds are put together better than most builds that are preloaded by manufacturers on flagship phones. Where are the old cm nightlies? The ones where they added a cool new feature for your phone and it wouldnt even boot or would work for ten minutes just so you could see how cool it was then locked your phone up only to never boot again without a nand? That kind of spirit is gone replaced by a overly protective sense of "watch what you release, we dont want to ruffle to many feathers." With the amount of users they have now and devices they develop for they are in prime position to go mainstream. Seems as though now all their releases are just a little to "nice". I miss that old balls to the wall approach. CM is now the "bleeding edge" with training wheels. Thank goodness for these kangs or we wouldnt see alot of these features for weeks or maybe even months. By the time they actually drop something now its so far behind its like, meh. People used to get excited to come home from work or school to check out the latest nightly, or maybe that was just me. Now its all about the Kangs as CM seemingly preps for the masses. Alright, Im done, sorry.

http://bit.ly/Kxz53u

Guess they heard me, lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FL0OD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5707

DONATE TO ME
New Dark Ice.. go get it!

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5707

DONATE TO ME
And finally the placeholder I was hoping would get filled is done!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336200541728.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1041909  

Killasmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
New Dark Ice.. go get it!
Dark Ice is so beautiful!!! 5 stars also looks great with HTC One X black weather & clock widget apk. That I got at the galaxy nexus forum
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1576980
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to Killasmoke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]