[ROM][4.1.1] OTA SPH-D720 JRO03R - Stock+Rooted - Flashable .zip

Search This thread

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ok I am a little lost here, I am going to update my friends nexus s 4g tomorrow. I downloaded the radio and bootloader files and they are zips not tars which leads me to belive that they are flashed through recovery rather than Odin, am I correct. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Ok I am a little lost here, I am going to update my friends nexus s 4g tomorrow. I downloaded the radio and bootloader files and they are zips not tars which leads me to belive that they are flashed through recovery rather than Odin, am I correct. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

For the bootloader and radio, if you mean the ones from the OP of this thread, yes they are flash able from cwm based recoveries.

dannzeman

Jan 31, 2007
IOWA
I figured it out!I had the ROM in a subdirectory with a space in the name. I put the file in the root of the SD card and it flashed with no problems. I'm typing this from the ROM right now. Strange, though, how I had the issue with TWRP and CWM both...

This is exactly what happened to me. I had the ROM in a sub-directory and couldn't get it to flash in TWRP or CWM 6.0.1.0. Once I moved it to the root of the SDcard (I also renamed it to update.zip) it flashed fine with CWM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THERE HAVE BEEN MIXED RESULTS FLASHING THIS ROM. I AM WORKING ON REBUILDING IT AND WILL POST ONCE IT IS DONE. APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE HAVING DIFFICULTIES. I WILL REMEDY THIS ASAP.

I compiled and used CWM 6.0.1.3 to make a backup of the stock rooted OTA SPH-D720 JRO03R
    CWM 6.0.1.3
    Used the Create .zip feature for a flashable .zip

Everything is 100% STOCK

PREREQUISITES:
    Unlocked bootloader
    Custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download all files below
    2. Make nandroid backup
    3. Wipe /boot, /system, /data, and /cache
    4. Flash LC1 Bootloader
    5. Flash LF2 Radio
    6. Reboot
    7. Flash JRO03R ROM
    8. Reboot

NOTE:
    Only restore user apps/data. Please be careful about restoring system data as it can break certain parts of the ROM (incompatible).

DOWNLOADS:
    OTA SPH-D720 JRO03R: JRO03R-Stock-Rooted.zip - UPDATED 9/12

LF2 Radio: ns4g-radio-LF2.zip - credit: snandlal

LC1 Bootloader: D720SPRLC1-bootloader.zip - credit:Maximilian Mary

USB Drivers: Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2410_0.msi

Thanks to gonzo320 for getting the files from Sprint
    No need to rename. Just select "choose zip".
    Would dirty flashing from a JB ROM cause issues? For my wife's phone and she hates having to set her screens up again.

Also, any improvement in signal/speed/battery life? She gets horrible battery and signal.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app
    Everything seems smooth and fast. Not been long enough to tell about the battery.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    The OP says CWM or TWRP or is that not right

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

Either will work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2