Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] RasbeanJelly 7/08/13

Tip us?

hlxanthus
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Default [ROM][4.2.1] RasbeanJelly 2/5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjay View Post
Well I tried repo sync last night and was having issues. I gotta remove all other besides the crespos devices from manifest.xml cause seems there are no tags in aosp for 4.2.2r1 for em. Maybe why Rascarlo hasn't released yet, I know he is busy ATM though also. What do I really know though, I learn this stuff as I go, lol.

Wife's home today, so gotta take care of family but will see what I can do with free time.
Not sure if you saw or not, but you need to update your sdk as well. It did change on the jump to 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to hlxanthus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rustyjay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
Not sure if you saw or not, but you need to update your sdk as well. It did change on the jump to 4.2.2
I have been looking all over on how to do this but can't find anyhting that makes sense to me. I thought I updated but guess not. I finally got it to say android version 4.2.2 when I set up build environment but when I start to make, it errors right away. I am guessing the sdk is the reason, or Rascarlo missing something in github but pretty sure he said all he was waiting for was tags but past that part now. Sometimes I wish I knew what I was actually doing, probably save hours of my time, ha.

ch0de
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been using This rom since it was released and have loved it. i have a few issues with the newest 2/5 release. any advice would be great.

I am currently running the Matr1x cfs v25 .

Maps uses a LOT of battery. I have not even opened Google maps today and it has taken 20% of my battery 20min of keep awake and 9min of GPS. The older rom did not do this.

The bottom lights (return / menu / search / home) seam to be on as a notification LED. But i do not want them, to be on using power. is there anyway to disable this?

Thanks!

Wafflcopterz
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RasbeanJelly 2/5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0de View Post
I've been using This rom since it was released and have loved it. i have a few issues with the newest 2/5 release. any advice would be great.

I am currently running the Matr1x cfs v25 .

Maps uses a LOT of battery. I have not even opened Google maps today and it has taken 20% of my battery 20min of keep awake and 9min of GPS. The older rom did not do this.

The bottom lights (return / menu / search / home) seam to be on as a notification LED. But i do not want them, to be on using power. is there anyway to disable this?

Thanks!
It's a cross-ROM issue more to do with Google maps's version than this ROM. I'm running slim bean and it happens still every other day.

For the second issue download NS tools from the market you should be able to turn backlit notifications off through that. Otherwise...deal with it? It takes almost no battery to light up those buttons...

hlxanthus
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Maps has been a killer for me for a long time now. I use greenify to hibernate it when not in use.

8616v
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RasbeanJelly 2/5/13

In maps under settings disable location sharing and location reporting... Cleared that issue right up.

hlxanthus
Old
(Last edited by hlxanthus; 22nd February 2013 at 12:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjay View Post
I have been looking all over on how to do this but can't find anyhting that makes sense to me. I thought I updated but guess not. I finally got it to say android version 4.2.2 when I set up build environment but when I start to make, it errors right away. I am guessing the sdk is the reason, or Rascarlo missing something in github but pretty sure he said all he was waiting for was tags but past that part now. Sometimes I wish I knew what I was actually doing, probably save hours of my time, ha.
Try going to this location (thats where it is for me on linuxmint13) /usr/local/android-sdk/tools/ and the file you are looking for is "android". Run that in terminal and it will open open your Android SDK Manager and allow you to update your platforms and tools and junk.

I hope this is where you are stuck, I spent like an hour on Tuesday trying to figure it out. And I only thought to do it after remembering a google+ news feed that had posted a reminder just after 4.2.2 aosp dropped.

rustyjay
Old
(Last edited by rustyjay; 22nd February 2013 at 12:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1515
Well I did that and still errored out the same part. I installed all the packages it said to. Learning as you go gets frustrating at points,ha.

I am gonna give this a break for the rest of today and think about it some tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong this stuff is interesting to learn but can't wait for my contract up to get a new phone so I don't have to build Rasbean but could If I wanted to.

hlxanthus
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Default [ROM][4.2.1] RasbeanJelly 2/5/13

I hear that. I got this phone late in its life. I am so ready to move on. Love the phone as a device, but either my phone hates sprint or sprint hates me LOL. I get horrid service, and that leads to even worse battery for me.

rustyjay
Old
(Last edited by rustyjay; 22nd February 2013 at 02:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1515
Holy crap on a cracker I got a build started. I think I may be actually starting to understand all this. I read the error code wrong, the deskclock.apk had wrong sdk(said 17 not 16) and stopped the whole thing, fihuered it out and bam building. Lets see what happens though, I try not to get too excited.

Minor update: Hit build error but I figured it out and the process moves on. I hope I don't hit anymore but I seem to be figuring em out.

Crap had to start over, deskclock.apk wasn't building so had to remove it.

I gotta wait for Rascarlo, too many littel errors driving me crazy, I tried.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rustyjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]