Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 36,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Tip us?

NexusZomby
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusv45 View Post
no kernel works on this ? tried both Air and Matr1x , just horrible results, 4 seconds to respond to a single touch...
On the Kernel don't flash the CM version of either AIR or Matr1x and you will be flying high. :cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflcopterz View Post
So I keep having this issue cross-device. Both on my Nexus S and my Nexus 7 after I start playing a song in Google Play Music, leave the app, then come back, the Album Cover, Title, Album Description, play-progress time/position are all missing from the "Now Playing" screen. No data is given about the currently (still) playing song. I have to change song for the details to occur and that's plain annoying :P .
Yeah same here, but I just live with it. I have tried both regular slim gapps, and inverted slim gapps. But I noticed this problem in a few different 4.2.1 roms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NexusZomby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wafflcopterz
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC1] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfi View Post
i'm currently on xenonhd which i made myself comfortable with, but this one looks really really good.

one question: the google-search bar on top, can it be disabled?
Yes just install a different launcher and you should be able to remove it. I use apex. Zeam rocks as well.

As for the music issue, I neglected to mention my nexus 7 is also running slim bean. You could say I'm a slim bean fanatic.

I didn't realize this was happening in some other roms as well, this could be a more core issue than a slim issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wafflcopterz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeyddr
Old
(Last edited by joeyddr; 29th January 2013 at 01:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusZomby View Post
On the Kernel don't flash the CM version of either AIR or Matr1x and you will be flying high. :cheers:

Yeah same here, but I just live with it. I have tried both regular slim gapps, and inverted slim gapps. But I noticed this problem in a few different 4.2.1 roms.

been using marmite and its working great

mikegleave13
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC1] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyddr View Post
been using marmite and its working great
+1

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

FAFS
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Is Marmite working better than matrix on this in your opinion? Matrix has been really fast and stable for me.

murfi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i'm on marmite and for me its working better than matr1x. matr1x had an extremely high battery usage - marmite seems to have the same performance without the battery usage.

NexusZomby
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Quote:
i'm on marmite and for me its working better than matr1x. matr1x had an extremely high battery usage - marmite seems to have the same performance without the battery usage.
The maritime kernel is great but I got 10 hours, with matr1x, Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359558990846.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1689259

Now I am not saying it will work the same for everyone, but it works great for me. And that is running 13000 on demand / row.
Sent from slimmed NS4G

Phone: N4
Rom: AOSPA 3+
Kernel: Franco Kernel

Phone: NS4G
Rom: AOSPA 3+
Kernel: Matr1x 25 cfs-cm

FAFS
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Quote:
Are you on marmite 7.3 the one with cm tweaks?

androidforeve
Old
Thanks Meter 226

Do we use cm kernel with this?

mikegleave13
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidforeve View Post
Do we use cm kernel with this?

No you will have bad results. Found that out the hard way.