FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

1,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,361
 
By tchaari, Senior Member on 22nd December 2012, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th February 2013, 04:34 PM |#191  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeeps74

Here is the mms.apk I'm using. I think it's actually from Beta 1 or Beta 2 of this ROM, as this is the primary 4.2 ROM I've been using. Here's some info about the apk.

  • It needs to be copied to system/app and its permissions set and then a reboot
  • It is not inverted
  • It does split
  • It does have working mms
  • It can be themed with cm10 themes that work that way

As far as other themes go, I didn't notice any major problems using it with this MMS.apk, but they did seem to act a little funny with some of the themeing/settings already in the ROM. Granted I didn't really dig too far into that and it could have just been my notification drawer settings were set weird when I applied the theme or something. Also, everyone likes disclaimers around here. If you use this apk and it breaks your phone then you probably did something wrong, so always make a backup!

Edit....definitely ignore my signature! I never sign into the web site

Was talking about this post :P So if the above zip doesn't work for you try this!
 
 
11th February 2013, 06:26 PM |#192  
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Yeah that zip didn't work so I will try that post.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
11th February 2013, 10:17 PM |#193  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAFS

Yeah that zip didn't work so I will try that post.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Confirmed, tried the zip, doesn't work. Gonna try the scary dangerous approach.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeeps74

Here is the mms.apk I'm using. I think it's actually from Beta 1 or Beta 2 of this ROM, as this is the primary 4.2 ROM I've been using. Here's some info about the apk.

  • It needs to be copied to system/app and its permissions set and then a reboot
  • It is not inverted
  • It does split
  • It does have working mms
  • It can be themed with cm10 themes that work that way

As far as other themes go, I didn't notice any major problems using it with this MMS.apk, but they did seem to act a little funny with some of the themeing/settings already in the ROM. Granted I didn't really dig too far into that and it could have just been my notification drawer settings were set weird when I applied the theme or something. Also, everyone likes disclaimers around here. If you use this apk and it breaks your phone then you probably did something wrong, so always make a backup!

Edit....definitely ignore my signature! I never sign into the web site

Alright y'all this one works perfectly for everything. With mine I flashed that dark mms zip from a couple posts earlier, then rebooted and just tried to install this MMS.apk the ole fashioned way and it installed right over the dark one without any fancy steps necessary. Good tidings all!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wafflcopterz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 02:00 AM |#194  
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
What permissions need to be set?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 07:27 AM |#195  
dpeeps74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAFS

What permissions need to be set?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Just needs to match everything in the folder.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360654030301.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1722725

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
12th February 2013, 01:33 PM |#196  
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Okay, thanks a lot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 03:33 AM |#197  
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Does USB debugging work for anyone in this ROM?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 05:20 AM |#198  
amieldl143's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Wondering if next build is 4.2.2 that would be awesome..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 06:22 AM |#199  
Nebucatnetzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,805
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amieldl143

Wondering if next build is 4.2.2 that would be awesome..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

It won't, not enough time for us.
13th February 2013, 04:07 PM |#200  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeeps74

Just needs to match everything in the folder.
Attachment 1722725

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Curiosity: why do you use a Nav Bar if you have hardware touch buttons on bottom anyway?
13th February 2013, 10:17 PM |#201  
dpeeps74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]
I'm using the nav bar for kill (back to kill can get a bit sketchy if the phone is under load), recent apps (for some reason I never think to long press home), and to switch to last app (just seems like a more functional means of multitasking for me).

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes