5,599,539 Members 40,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Tip us?
 
tchaari
Old
(Last edited by tchaari; 23rd February 2013 at 04:35 PM.)
#241  
tchaari's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1331
Posts: 1,118
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amieldl143 View Post
I've several issues. Twice my phone won't wake up had to pull battery. #2 I had issues random reboots. I was transferring app to SD card and rebooted. Few other activies. #3 Sometimes when I reboot my phone I get a message process system not responding . no o/c I had it set up 200/1000 smartassv2. Anyone having this issues . thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
try to do a full wipe and let everything stock. I haven't any signs of reboots or SOD.

For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need an immediate workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from a recent gapps .

EDIT: just wanted to add that that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.
- Official Nexus S and Nexus S 4G maintainer in Slim Roms Team
- If you like my work, please hit thanks or donate to our team in order to maintain our servers (we pay for them).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tchaari For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amieldl143
Old
#242  
amieldl143's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 241
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaari View Post
try to do a full wipe and let everything stock. I haven't any signs of reboots or SOD.

For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need an immediate workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from a recent gapps .

EDIT: just wanted to add that that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.
Awesome thanks guys. Did full wipe format system. All gravy. The best ROM . looking forward to 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
 
DMardroid
Old
#243  
DMardroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 316
Posts: 723
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sunny So.Cal.
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

..been testing
Slim 4.2.2 = super smooOOooth!
Eta? .. coming soon


Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361646581819.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1754886  
The Following User Says Thank You to DMardroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amieldl143
Old
#244  
amieldl143's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 241
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMardroid View Post
..been testing
Slim 4.2.2 = super smooOOooth!
Eta? .. coming soon


Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Can't wait..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
 
androidforeve
Old
#245  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 1,143
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Sweet. I want now

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
 
tchaari
Old
#246  
tchaari's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1331
Posts: 1,118
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMardroid View Post
..been testing
Slim 4.2.2 = super smooOOooth!
Eta? .. coming soon


Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
DMardroid, stop teasing Slim users like this. You know that they can't wait
- Official Nexus S and Nexus S 4G maintainer in Slim Roms Team
- If you like my work, please hit thanks or donate to our team in order to maintain our servers (we pay for them).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tchaari For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
N1029676
Old
#247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 98926
Default Home button will not work

The home key does not function at all on the new update (actually the last two updates from the 16th and 18th). I was unable to find a place in the system settings to bind the keys to a different function. I did a complete wipe (for both updates) a couple of times with and without slim_gapps.

Seperate issue: after installing Slim_Gapps error messages keep popping up preventing anything to progress upon boot.

In the mean time I restored the last working version (4.2.1 RC2 I believe).
 
Nebucatnetzer
Old
#248  
Nebucatnetzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6245
Posts: 5,564
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Works perfectly fine here that's something in your end.
Tutorials and useful Links for Beginners
No idea how to undervolt? Go to -->My tutorial<--
Learn how to get and read logcats-->HowTo by Stryke_the_Orc<--
Want to learn how to use ADB? Go to -->ADB for Dummies<--
Kernel governors, and other stuff explained by droidphile -->here<--
 
amieldl143
Old
#249  
amieldl143's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 241
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1029676 View Post
The home key does not function at all on the new update (actually the last two updates from the 16th and 18th). I was unable to find a place in the system settings to bind the keys to a different function. I did a complete wipe (for both updates) a couple of times with and without slim_gapps.

Seperate issue: after installing Slim_Gapps error messages keep popping up preventing anything to progress upon boot.

In the mean time I restored the last working version (4.2.1 RC2 I believe).
Do fulll wipe and format system.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
 
kkkhattak
Old
(Last edited by kkkhattak; 27th February 2013 at 04:40 AM.)
#250  
kkkhattak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 869
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Peshawar
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [1.0] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Is everybody ready for 4.2.2 slim bean :thumbup: Slim Bean 2.0
http://slimroms.net/index.php/news/257-release-2-0-wip

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes