Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(NS 4G) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Tip us?

smartguy10
Old
Thanks Meter 86
How is battery life with the stock kernel included in this rom

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

calisoldier83
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by onigiri1692 View Post
This is my only gripe about this rom. No matter what I do, flash new kernels, wipes, complete reinstalles, calibrating GPS with GPS stats, clearing GPS data, you name it, nothing seems to fix the GPS problems. As you said locks take 2-5 minutes under optimal conditions (clear sky's, direct line of sight to sky etc). This is really a problem when I am driving around and need a lock immediately to know how to get where I am going. I was previously a devout bugless beast user until I switched to slim, and always got locks in well under a minute.

EDIT: Guys I think I just figured out the problem with the GPS and I am so F'in excited! I believe the problem lies with the 'Minfree task killer' included in ASS, I changed the minimum ram value to 25mb from the default of 50mb and BAMMMM, GPS lock in less then 30 seconds!!! I noticed in a logcat that ram was constantly being freed while the GPS was trying to lock, and I figured that was interrupting the process some how. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you guys.

Edit2: I attached a logcat to this post in case someone wants to take a look at it. In the log there should be an attempt at a GPS lock with minram value set at 50mb and then towards the end of it a GPS lock in less then 30 seconds with a minram value of 25mb. I am now consistently getting super fast GPS locks...so happy.
how did you change this?

Sent from my Crespo4g using xda premium

darksine
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Go to the ass in system settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom and select the performance menu. Then scroll to bottom and select the free memory option and set the number you want.

Sent from my Crespo4g using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to darksine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tenny
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by onigiri1692 View Post
This is my only gripe about this rom. No matter what I do, flash new kernels, wipes, complete reinstalles, calibrating GPS with GPS stats, clearing GPS data, you name it, nothing seems to fix the GPS problems. As you said locks take 2-5 minutes under optimal conditions (clear sky's, direct line of sight to sky etc). This is really a problem when I am driving around and need a lock immediately to know how to get where I am going. I was previously a devout bugless beast user until I switched to slim, and always got locks in well under a minute.

EDIT: Guys I think I just figured out the problem with the GPS and I am so F'in excited! I believe the problem lies with the 'Minfree task killer' included in ASS, I changed the minimum ram value to 25mb from the default of 50mb and BAMMMM, GPS lock in less then 30 seconds!!! I noticed in a logcat that ram was constantly being freed while the GPS was trying to lock, and I figured that was interrupting the process some how. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you guys.

Edit2: I attached a logcat to this post in case someone wants to take a look at it. In the log there should be an attempt at a GPS lock with minram value set at 50mb and then towards the end of it a GPS lock in less then 30 seconds with a minram value of 25mb. I am now consistently getting super fast GPS locks...so happy.
GPS is actually working well for me in 3.4... but I'll do that to see if it helps.

Is tether broken for anyone else though? As soon as I turn tether on it gets disconnected from 3G.

michael.ahdett
Old
(Last edited by michael.ahdett; 22nd April 2012 at 06:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Flashing now, minimalist ICS sounds perfect to me!

Edit: First impression: holy crap, this is beautiful and snappy, pretty much everything i was looking for that i didn't even know i was looking for!

deeeznuts43
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
GPS is actually working well for me in 3.4... but I'll do that to see if it helps.

Is tether broken for anyone else though? As soon as I turn tether on it gets disconnected from 3G.
You have to re-flash the tether fix (and your kernel of choice) without each version update.

Sent from my Crespo4g using XDA

michalurban
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Is there a way to force sync of my settings and apps? Or, if not, is it safe to save my current setup with titanuim (both apps and system settings) and restore it to a new rom (Im using AOSP+V1 now)?
Current phone:
Moto G 16GB (XT1032) - CyanogenMOD 11

FL0OD
Old
Thanks Meter 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
Is there a way to force sync of my settings and apps? Or, if not, is it safe to save my current setup with titanuim (both apps and system settings) and restore it to a new rom (Im using AOSP+V1 now)?
Aosp v1? Didn't he end on 43? Then no. You need a full wipe and a update for your apps. This is 404 and aosp at v1 wasn't close.

gulrezm
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default great rom

just wanted to stop by and say this rom is beastly. thank you very much! phone is absolutely lag free and sometimes the speed at which apps switch and load is surprising to me...one change i did was remove zeam launcher and installed trebuchet launcher from vhgomez36 rom thread because i didn't like the way zeam launcher looked (to me the icons on the dock were too low res for my taste). definitely the fastest rom for nexus s 4g out there, also i get a gps lock within 5 seconds and no issues whatsoever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gulrezm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noizy1234
Old
Thanks Meter 114
When I run the v6 supercharger script I keep getting bad busy box at the beginning. It only happens with this rom any one know what's wrong?

Sent from my Crespo4g using xda premium

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe