5,599,677 Members 45,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(NS 4G) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Tip us?

ircsmith
Old
Thanks Meter 8
had a new issues this weekend. went on a three day hike and am almost certain I turned the phone off before I left. when I got back the phone was dead so I must not have. but my problem is, now that its fully charged all my setting are gone. none of the widgets will load. all the apps are there and will function but its like the phone went back to the original settings of this ROM.

any ideas? will this ROM do this every time I let the phone die?

protectress
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidaljs View Post
After carefully reinstalling the past two versions to verify my findings.. I found out that adding the following circle battery(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1559005) would not allow my torch on the notification bar to work and would not allow me to connect via USB.

The torch issue would not even turn on.

The USB issue was weird... whever I would reboot, the little USB symbol would appear but instead of saying "preparing USB storage " it would say "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" it was very weird. And it wouldnt let me connect. Once I pushed to connect it would say System UI has stopped, the I would be forced to push 'OK" and it would be an endless loop an i had to go to recovery to connect.

And, NO i did not have the fast charge checked off... so that wasnt the above's issue with the USB. I just think that the circle battery zip was made for 2.9 and it was for 4.03 or an earlier version of ICS so conflicts had to occur... but since the circle battery worked fine... I just thought it wasnt the issue. Yet it was. So I'll just wait for a newer circle battery zip that work or just deal without it.

But since I did not install non-SLIM ICS addon or tweaks... all is fine on the torch and USB connect issues.

Just info I wanted to share... nothing serious....
Thanks again for the ROM

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

i tried and got the same issue... sound but no video on the Netflix app.

my downloaded movies play fine though
i flashed a battery that was made for 3.3 I guess, and now i dont have a status bar and get the system ui has stopped working error on startup...

what do? factory reset will fix it?

jjhrrsn
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by protectress View Post
i flashed a battery that was made for 3.3 I guess, and now i dont have a status bar and get the system ui has stopped working error on startup...

what do? factory reset will fix it?
Either a backup if you have it or re flash rom

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

waqasr
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD View Post
If you use Luzactive try these settings

°•neXus S4G•°
Hey flood, I am trying those settings now.
I wanted to ask you what LIVE OC values to use
with the settings you mentioned above.
Also I am trying deep idle so what are your thoughts on that?

Jyro275
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Does anyone know how to fix the blurry screen shots that happen when you send one through the stock mms? You have to click the image after you send it in order to see the blurriness.

Sent from my Crespo4g using XDA
Phone: Sexus 4 | Android Version: 4.4.2 | ROM: SlimKat RC1 | Kernel: SlimKat | Recovery: ClockWorkMod
Don't be afraid, logcats (how to) are your friend & devs love them for problem solving

Tenny
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeeznuts43 View Post
You have to re-flash the tether fix (and your kernel of choice) without each version update.

Are you talking about Peter Alfonso's Tether Fix? It says it's for 2.3.7 only?

FL0OD
Old
Thanks Meter 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
Hey flood, I am trying those settings now.
I wanted to ask you what LIVE OC values to use
with the settings you mentioned above.
Also I am trying deep idle so what are your thoughts on that?
I don't use use live oc or deep idle. Long term I have never had any luck with either. Always caused bootloops at some point. I don't use deep idle as it has no benefit for my personal use. Guess it really just depends on your personal use and what you like. I have given just about everything a shot. As of right now I am still trying different kernels daily trying to find that right balance of speed and battery. As the kernels and roms have become faster, of course, battery has suffered. So my quandary, do I want to go as fast as I can and enjoy the responsiveness every time I open my phone or run a little slower and get better battery? I have been struggling with this for a while and trying everything out there since ICS dropped in November. People that know me, know I have been making myself nutty trying to find that magical combo. No luck yet but I will keep trying because my a.d.d will allow nothing less.

†††
The Following User Says Thank You to FL0OD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjhrrsn
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD View Post
I don't use use live oc or deep idle. Long term I have never had any luck with either. Always caused bootloops at some point. I don't use deep idle as it has no benefit for my personal use. Guess it really just depends on your personal use and what you like. I have given just about everything a shot. As of right now I am still trying different kernels daily trying to find that right balance of speed and battery. As the kernels and roms have become faster, of course, battery has suffered. So my quandary, do I want to go as fast as I can and enjoy the responsiveness every time I open my phone or run a little slower and get better battery? I have been struggling with this for a while and trying everything out there since ICS dropped in November. People that know me, know I have been making myself nutty trying to find that magical combo. No luck yet but I will keep trying because my a.d.d will allow nothing less.

†††
I am in the same boat currently trying slim with r4 from franco with the tweaked conservative but miss the trinity colors. I've been bouncing between gummy and slim but have tried them all.

Sent from my Crespo4g using xda premium

deeeznuts43
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Are you talking about Peter Alfonso's Tether Fix? It says it's for 2.3.7 only?
Yes I am. It works just fine on ICS.

Karl
Old
Thanks Meter 450

DONATE TO ME
integrated tether works fine is that what your use the tether fix for or the wifi tether app?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe