Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][LOTA][02/13/2012] vhgomez36-ICS-NXS-4G-4.0.4 [LOTA r1]

OP vhgomez36

27th February 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #2751  
raptoro07's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
Hi all. I am new to the NS4G (Wife's Phone, I have an EVO 3D) I installed LOTA r1 and it is very nice. Wife loves it. I noticed under What's Using the Battery that an Android System is using a lot of battery, around 25%. This seems high. When I click on it it has something about data transfer and such so I guess this is the data radio? Anyway, battery life seems good, I was just wondering if this is Typical?

On my EVO 3D some ROMs I've tried before had Ram Disk tweaks that caused a similar phenomenom and really drained the battery. Thanks for your help.

And thanks to gomez for this nice ROM.

Edit: I've seen looking back on some older posts, screenshots of battery use. Seems that one also had a very high Android OS usage. Guess it is normal.
Last edited by raptoro07; 27th February 2012 at 07:13 PM.
27th February 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #2752  
Coycaine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,072
 
1,633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoro07

Hi all. I am new to the NS4G (Wife's Phone, I have an EVO 3D) I installed LOTA r1 and it is very nice. Wife loves it. I noticed under What's Using the Battery that an Android System is using a lot of battery, around 25%. This seems high. When I click on it it has something about data transfer and such so I guess this is the data radio? Anyway, battery life seems good, I was just wondering if this is Typical?

On my EVO 3D some ROMs I've tried before had Ram Disk tweaks that caused a similar phenomenom and really drained the battery. Thanks for your help.

And thanks to gomez for this nice ROM.

Edit: I've seen looking back on some older posts, screenshots of battery use. Seems that one also had a very high Android OS usage. Guess it is normal.

Im pretty sure this has been written off as a misreading and not actual usage!
Last edited by Coycaine; 27th February 2012 at 07:21 PM.
27th February 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #2753  
raptoro07's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
OK, thanks for the quick response. Like I said, battery life seems good so not really worried.
27th February 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #2754  
Coycaine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,072
 
1,633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoro07

OK, thanks for the quick response. Like I said, battery life seems good so not really worried.

It has given me the best battery out of the few ROMs I have tried for the Nexus, sometimes it actually amazes me!
27th February 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #2755  
jeremy112683's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Coycaine can u post the link to the test kernel. Im guessing that might help my computer and phone agree to make this whole prl thing happen
Last edited by jeremy112683; 27th February 2012 at 08:02 PM.
27th February 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #2756  
Coycaine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,072
 
1,633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy112683

Coycaine can u post the link to the test kernel. Im guessing that might help my computer and phone agree to make this whole prl thing happen

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZTEST_KERNEL.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.85 MB, 9 views)
28th February 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #2757  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Thanks, Gomez
Keep coming back to this rom. I think it's for good this time. Shame, I really like flashing roms on to this thing.
28th February 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #2758  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
1,300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Can anyone post the hybrid kernel to switch between Verizon and Sprint towers. Whats the best app for freezing the apps which are not being used ..
28th February 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #2759  
Tahde's Avatar
Senior Member
North Dallas
Thanks Meter: 235
 
700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Have not posted in a while here, as this ROM has been flawless. Only hiccups that I've had was a random reboot yesterday. Hasn't done it again. Finally flashed matrix 17.0 and all is well.

Really want to check out that PRL mod, but just my luck I'll get kicked. Lol. Keep up the fantastic work Gomez!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
28th February 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #2760  
vhgomez36's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
1,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
Just dropped by for a second. Here is a modified Sprint PRL. Let me know how it works. Signing off...see/read the thread when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-27-19-54-39.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	922990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-27-19-52-33.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	922991  
Attached Files
File Type: zip hybridsprint.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.7 KB, 38 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vhgomez36 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes