5,595,918 Members 30,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Tip us?

WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 18th March 2014 at 06:41 PM.) Reason: Version 1.8.2 Released
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4629

DONATE TO ME
Smile [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.8.2 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support for all the newly upgraded devices. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. The main changes in this release are general bug fixes and the inclusion of Philz Advanced Recovery as a custom recovery option (in addition to the already included options for CWM/TWRP). Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 4629

DONATE TO ME
reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 4629

DONATE TO ME
Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S 4G owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I was silly and only posted it the Nexus7 thread.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

revamper
Old
Thanks Meter 297
I just used this yesterday and it made the whole process very easy. Thank you for putting this together!
$30 T-Mobile Prepaid - Nexus 4 (CM 10.1)

AT&T - HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to revamper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

77cats
Old
(Last edited by 77cats; 16th November 2012 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Very useful. I rooted a Nexus 7 4.1.2 with it.
But it's now running 4.2, would it work again or do you need to update it?

Edit --

Yes, using the setting Any build.
The Following User Says Thank You to 77cats For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Butchr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Thanks much for this tool kit. I am a noob, and not inclined to use fastboot and ADB, but with this kit I was able to Take a factory refurbished S on Gingerbread and get it updated to 4.1.2.

Thanks much. I hope my step-daughter like her Christmas phone.

T679noob
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 4629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by T679noob View Post
Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.
Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T679noob
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live.

{{ WugFresh }}
YES! TY!

timnexus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Not sure if I am doing something worng or not. I downloaded the file and went to install and it seems my laptop freezes on me. I downlaoded from Goo.im link. any suggestions?