Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.4 [Updated 06/21/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Tip us?

Butchr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4965

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchr View Post
Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.
You can do it that way, or use the "Flash zips" button in advanced utilities and it will take care of everything. It will push the zip and flash it. You can even have it do things like wipe first or backup, all in one automated task. There is also a suggested option to show you the best way to flash Roms or themes.

{{ WugFresh }}

xbs
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!
~ Nexus 7 2013 (Flo) [CM 11] ~ Transformer (TF101) [KatKiss-KitKat] ~ Nexus S (Crespo) [CM 11] ~

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 4965

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs View Post
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!
Another user reported to me that their firewall interfered with it. Try temporarily disabling and see if you no longer get the error.

{{ WugFresh }}

patrickjaden
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks!!! It works great for NS4G and plan on it working great for N4

Temporary recovery can flash things just like regular, right?

itsmyname
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Would relock mean that it restores to complete factory state, so is still under warranty?

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 4965

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyname View Post
Would relock mean that it restores to complete factory state, so is still under warranty?
"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itsmyname
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}
Thanks man, I had an annoying problem on my 4.2 Nexus 7 with swiping between homescreens and pullback. Reverting back to 4.1.1 seemed to have fixed this

patrickjaden
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...

bangishotyou
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickjaden View Post
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...
Hmm. Had this happen to me the other day, but on my Nexus 7. I suggest you try it again, worked for me when I gave it a second try.

Then again, I was having issues with this toolkit and the one by mskip acting up randomly. Turns out it was just a bad USB cable on my part, replaced it and both toolkits started working fine at that point and I've had no issues since.