Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.9 [Updated 11/26/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

OP WugFresh

29th November 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 62

161 posts
Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.
29th November 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,252

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchr

Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.

You can do it that way, or use the "Flash zips" button in advanced utilities and it will take care of everything. It will push the zip and flash it. You can even have it do things like wipe first or backup, all in one automated task. There is also a suggested option to show you the best way to flash Roms or themes.

{{ WugFresh }}
29th November 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #13  
Flag Vinewood
Thanks Meter: 168

878 posts
More
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!
29th November 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #14  
OP Recognized Developer

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs

Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!

Another user reported to me that their firewall interfered with it. Try temporarily disabling and see if you no longer get the error.

{{ WugFresh }}
30th November 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

113 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thanks!!! It works great for NS4G and plan on it working great for N4

Temporary recovery can flash things just like regular, right?
3rd December 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #16  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

197 posts
More
Would relock mean that it restores to complete factory state, so is still under warranty?
3rd December 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Developer

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyname

Would relock mean that it restores to complete factory state, so is still under warranty?

"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #18  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks man, I had an annoying problem on my 4.2 Nexus 7 with swiping between homescreens and pullback. Reverting back to 4.1.1 seemed to have fixed this
4th December 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 5

113 posts
More
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...
5th December 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #20  
Flag South Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickjaden

Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...

Hmm. Had this happen to me the other day, but on my Nexus 7. I suggest you try it again, worked for me when I gave it a second try.

Then again, I was having issues with this toolkit and the one by mskip acting up randomly. Turns out it was just a bad USB cable on my part, replaced it and both toolkits started working fine at that point and I've had no issues since.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread