Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.5 [Updated 07/30/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Tip us?

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 858
OMG, there's new development for NS4G!!! lol

thanks man I'm sure I'll put this to good use!

Nexism
Old
Thanks Meter 31
My NS4G was soft bricked for a week. I thought it was gone forever. Your toolkit fixed it in about 30 sec. Thank you so much for the awesome, easy to use tool. I ordered a new phone when I thought my Nexus was done but I have been and will continue to use your toolkit for my GNex.
Thanks again, your a genius and a valuable part of the Android Development community and are appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

makatram
Old
Thanks Meter 385
I've rooted my phone and can restore a backup but get an error 7 when trying to flash a ROM. I'll get all the info that shows when it fails when I get a chance and post to see if anyone knows a fix.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

2VULGAR
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs View Post
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!
I had the same issue, but my "model type" was set to "android 4.2" I had to change it to Android 4.1.1 and it worked perfectly after that.
Motorola Droid RAZR M running CM11 nightly -|- Nexus S 4G (Crespo4G) running CM101.3 and hacked Verizon PRL (00001)

Thinking about signing up for DropBox? Click This Link, and we both get extra space for FREE!

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4995

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VULGAR View Post
I had the same issue, but my "model type" was set to "android 4.2" I had to change it to Android 4.1.1 and it worked perfectly after that.
Yes this is key. It is imperative that you select the right build for the toolkit to work.

{{ WugFresh }}

makatram
Old
Thanks Meter 385
I've tried a couple things for the status 7 error when trying to flash a ROM but still get it every time so far. Should I try twrp 2.2? From what I've read it is due to new api

makatram
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Any suggestions?

ludvball
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickjaden View Post
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...
Having same problem. Tried with two different cables.

Dqm56
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hey mine has been at writing radios now for about 20 minutes, is it still good should I be patient? or what should I do??

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I can't get past writing radios any recommendations?

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4995

DONATE TO ME
v1.6.2 is up in the OP and the update package is also live via Help > About... in the toolkit. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]