Post Reply

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.9 [Updated 10/17/14]: Nexus S 4G Thread

OP WugFresh

13th February 2013, 03:21 PM   |  #41  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,196
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]: Nexus S 4G Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedpurple

My ns4g is unlocked still but lost root. What do I need to do to re root it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Select your build and use the root button.

{{ WugFresh }}
25th February 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #42  
hero913's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Having problem getting the root to stick on my phone...

I do get the unlock logo and I am selecting the proper device and firmware in the toolkit.

Tried 5 times already. Can someone please advice?
25th February 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #43  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,196
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero913

Having problem getting the root to stick on my phone...

I do get the unlock logo and I am selecting the proper device and firmware in the toolkit.

Tried 5 times already. Can someone please advice?

You can use 'Any Build' mode for rooting if you are having problems. Select that for your device instead. Can you specify the exact build you have so I can look into it.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #44  
hero913's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

You can use 'Any Build' mode for rooting if you are having problems. Select that for your device instead. Can you specify the exact build you have so I can look into it.

{{ WugFresh }}

android version 4.1.1
baseband version : D720SPRLF2
Build number : JRO03R


I'll try the other method you suggested and update you...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

You can use 'Any Build' mode for rooting if you are having problems. Select that for your device instead. Can you specify the exact build you have so I can look into it.

{{ WugFresh }}

The method worked!!!

Thank you so much!!!


I downloaded jelly bam zip file and I wanna flash it over to the phone.

Is it safe to use the toolkit in order to do that or should I send the zip file to my phone and do the flash in twerp?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Trying to flash using the toolkit did not work ( i couldn't use the option use any firmware)

The file pushed through properly b/c I can see it on my TWRP page but the install didnt take.

I'm gonna try to manually install it from TWRP, which should be fine correct?
25th February 2013, 07:33 PM   |  #45  
hero913's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
ok this is weird...

I rooted the phone. Installed Jelly Bam and now the phone isn't rooted anymore.
26th February 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #46  
chalan30's Avatar
Senior Member
AUSTIN, TX
Thanks Meter: 216
 
889 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero913

ok this is weird...

I rooted the phone. Installed Jelly Bam and now the phone isn't rooted anymore.

haha youre ok, sometimes you lose root. It happens. if you read the first posts of jelly bam "fixed" youll see that it requires you to flash super su separately to regain root. search google for "chainfire xda" super user thread and download one of the cwm flashable super su zip files and flash it in recovery. you will have root after that. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to chalan30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2013, 08:01 PM   |  #47  
Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 4
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Works perfectly, just follow all instructions!
This was amazing to use! I replaced my crappy EVO 3D with a Nexus S. It was already better. Then I used the tool kit to get rooted and it was so helpful to have all the instructions! The only thing I had trouble with was the Team Win Recovery. It wouldn't flash CyanogenMod 10. So I just flashed the ClockWorkMod Recovery instead and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the amazing work on this!
2nd May 2013, 03:10 PM   |  #48  
bman3333's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic work. It really simplified the process and was very user friendly. Great job!
7th May 2013, 08:34 AM   |  #49  
theandies's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anytown, USA
Thanks Meter: 75
 
431 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Great job on your tool kit. It sure makes life a little easier.
One thing that I ran into when using it while rooting my friends phone was this:

This is a Nexus S 4G without an external SD card (only internal SD memory).
I installed and ran the tool kit from my external USB HDD if that makes any difference but like I said in the picture above the root took using the tool kit just never pushed SU and BB to the phone. I installed them manually. Do you think it's because I ran everything from my external drive or is it because his phone is the model with just internal memory?
Thanks
7th May 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #50  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,196
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies

Great job on your tool kit. It sure makes life a little easier.
One thing that I ran into when using it while rooting my friends phone was this:

This is a Nexus S 4G without an external SD card (only internal SD memory).
I installed and ran the tool kit from my external USB HDD if that makes any difference but like I said in the picture above the root took using the tool kit just never pushed SU and BB to the phone. I installed them manually. Do you think it's because I ran everything from my external drive or is it because his phone is the model with just internal memory?
Thanks

Which toolkit version are you running? The latest? You should add me on gchat and hit me up. I would like to figure out what caused that problem for you when I get a chance.

It shouldn't matter that you ran the toolkit from an external. You could run it from a flash drive actually. Just as long as the drivers are configured.

{{ WugFresh }}

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes