Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bestskinsever and the Nexus S

Tip us?

spacemanspiff33
Old
(Last edited by spacemanspiff33; 5th January 2011 at 08:03 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up Bestskinsever and the Nexus S

Well as soon as I ordered my Nexus S, I also placed an order for a full body BSE skin. I was in Hong Kong at the time and had it shipped to my Canadian address so I could apply it upon my return. A week after ordering it, I noticed BSE started a BOGO promotion which kind of made me but whatever....

Finally after weeks of walking on eggshells using the phone naked worrying about everything and anything scratching it, I returned home and was able to apply the BSE.

I cracked open the envelope, and to my surprise, there were 2 sets of skins inside! Thanks BSE!! They really are an amazing company when it comes to customer service/everything, (I had a mistake with a previous order and they promptly rectified it by sending the proper skin) this time they knew they had an upcoming BOGO promotion and they simply honoured that for me, no questions asked (literally!) so a big cudos to them for that.

Onto the product.....the fit is AMAZING. Considering this skin was available on launch day, thats a pretty impressive feat on its own. I was originally intending on just using the back skin, but once I saw how well done the full body was, I decided to do it all.

The skin includes 1 large cover for the back, and again, fit is perfect. Cutouts for the camera/flash, the speaker, and the USB/mic on the bottom. Also includes a full front skin, again with cutouts for speaker and cam. Lastly, it includes 3 strips, one for the top, and 2 for the sides, meeting at the bottom.

Installation was a breeze, did it in a steamy bathroom for the first time and I think it really helped. I used a big bowl of warm water and 1 tiny drop of dish soap for the 'solution', dipping each piece in this fully before beginning the application.

How does it look? Amazing. 24 hours later there are a FEW tiny bubbles still, but from past experience, I know these will go away within a few more days as the skin starts to cure. The skin is porous so if you get a few bubbles, don't worry, they will evaporate just give it some time. Phone feels great now, has a real solid feel, almost as solid as my Nexus one, and has nice grip to boot. No more worrying about the thing sliding out of my hands.

Only complaint I have is, the screen is VERY glossy now, if there is direct light, reflections are pretty bad. I may remove the front protector in time if this starts to piss me off more, but I think I will be ok as the insane amount of protection I now have is probably well worth a bit of gloss, just being honest. I really like the fact my phone is now *extremely* well protected. From past experience with shields, I can attest to the fact they WILL protect it from a drop of around 5 feet (my iphone fell right out of my pocket onto hard asphalt....the corner of the skin looked like ass after that drop, but upon removal, the iPhone was still perfect), anything higher than that and well.....you dug your own grave....most shields/cases would be useless after a 10ft drop to begin with sooooo.....combine this with general care and your Nexus S should be mint for years to come. I hate big ugly cases, and keep it all nice and snug in my old Nexus One sleeve, I feel *extremely* confident about the phones protection.

All in all, great product, and extremely happy overall. I feel great knowing I have a spare in my drawer for in the future, in case I DO drop the thing again......Dont have pics yet as, well, the Nexus S is pretty much my camera I'll dig out my HTC Aria and try and post some pics soon.

For 9 bucks, this is probably the deal of the year HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspiff33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViLANDER
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nice to read, ordered my BSE skins last friday. I already have some small scratches on the plastic back cover, but they are only visible in direct sunlight with reflection.

Guess the skins will be nice then.

spacemanspiff33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLANDER View Post
Nice to read, ordered my BSE skins last friday. I already have some small scratches on the plastic back cover, but they are only visible in direct sunlight with reflection.

Guess the skins will be nice then.
Haha I did also get a tiny scratch on the back my phone also by accidentally putting it in the days designated 'change' pocket (dammit), and dropping it off my bed after playing with it one night hdjbfsdg

The shield covered them completely....keeps looking better by the hour literally as it cures.

pinoy929
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can someone post a link to the product. not sure what I am looking for.

jokinawa
Old
Thanks Meter 13
http://www.bestskinsever.com/google-nexus-s-skin
Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: DoCoMo

spacemanspiff33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Here are the promised pics, sorry about the poor quality, the camera being used is an Aria...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0179.jpg
Views:	1680
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	482763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0180.jpg
Views:	1599
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	482764   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0181.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	482765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0183.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	482766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0184.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	482767  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0185.jpg
Views:	1272
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	482768  
The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspiff33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naths
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Blimey spaceman...are u sure there's a BSE on there?...lol...can't wait for mine now..

Sent from my Nexus S

matteb2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does the total body skin include the screen skin? Or do I have to buy both of them if I want to cover the NS ENTIRELY?

dakrnguy4u
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteb2 View Post
Does the total body skin include the screen skin? Or do I have to buy both of them if I want to cover the NS ENTIRELY?
the total body INCLUDES the screen skin so you do not have to buy them separately.

I've had mine since Monday 12/27 and it's fantastic! The screen cover is easy to install since it's relatively flat throughout but the back & side rims are difficult to apply and keep "clean" because of all the curves, especially around the "chin" area on the back.

You'll notice small bubbles immediately after application but don't fret because they'll clear completely after at least a few days (for me at least).

Cons:

1) collects dust very easily

2) the plastic (?) rim of the phone on the front side (the non-screen/glass portion) isn't covered by the skins so it can get scratched and whatnot. But I don't think this area is covered by skins from other companies as well so it's not a problem with BSE specifically.
Phone: LG Nexus 5 (Black 16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 (+ Xposed)
Kernel: Franco r61
Radio: 2.0.50.2.08-LPV79 (L Preview)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1

LG Nexus 4 (Black 8GB) __ Stock 4.4.4 (+ Xposed) __ Franco r208
Motorola Moto G (US GSM 8GB) __ Stock 4.4.3

n61adm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got mine just today! Excellent! I am really very surprised at the quality considering this is half the price of the likes of zagg.