5,606,465 Members 33,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who rocks their Nexus S without a screen protector?

Tip us?

mattia.b89
Old
Thanks Meter 20
i don't use any screen protector

i've never used any protection for my cell. phone !

curved glass+contour display= as new display ....

i can't say the same for the back cover, it has some scratch

fabulous69
Old
Thanks Meter 124
used one during a month at the beginning as for all my devices

But the curve screen was not done for it and it was ugly with all the dirty stuffs coming between the protector and the screen on top and botton of it

put it off, no one since 5 months, and only one scratch, dont know how i done it, just a few days after having put it out, cause since all this time, no any other one micro scratch has come. it is all new.
so the question for me is : how did i scratch it one time if since 5 month i'm using it without particulous caution and didnt done any other one on the screen
Current Devices: Moto G
Bootloader UnLocked
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 rooted & Xposed tweaked
Current Kernel: Faux Kernel 007m

Accessories: Lemon Grip shell

Tablet: Galaxy Tab 2
ROM CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4.2
Kernel Stock CM
Tablet UI patch

If you help me, i remember where is Thanks Button !

r3act
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Had a screenprotector on for a day but it looks weird with the oliophobic coating so I took it off Phone is completely bare since December'11 no scratches on the screen a few slight ones on the back. The most important thing is NOT to put your keys in the same pocket!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

DEVICE: LG E960 Google Nexus 4 GSM | ROM: Cataclysm KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H | KERNEL: MiRaGe KOT overclocking

Krazhil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulous69 View Post

But the curve screen was not done for it and it was ugly with all the dirty stuffs coming between the protector and the screen on top and botton of it

put it off, no one since 5 months, and only one scratch, dont know how i done it, just a few days after having put it out, cause since all this time, no any other one micro scratch has come. it is all new.
so the question for me is : how did i scratch it one time if since 5 month i'm using it without particulous caution and didnt done any other one on the screen
same here

Shark_On_Land
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulous69 View Post

probly your first glass screen phone

Sent from my LS670 using XDA

sdhanjal15
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Had the screen protector on.

But I took it odd today.and man. Its looks beautiful!

Sent from my Nexus S

TH3JUNK13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had to strip the Zagg off my NS it was too damned rubbery! All in all they're not designed well for protectors (probably not intended either) but I worked in a steel yard for a year when I had my 1st NS and I took it with me every day, I'd pull steel filings out of every pocket and the phone only ever got ONE superficial scratch
Use the THANKS button when someone helps you, it's free and that's what it's there for
Sent from somewhere, on some...thing

cap87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Never used one and there's not a single scratch on my screen. If you're careful with your phone and have a good case you don't need one.

JerryPi
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Screen protectors are not just for protection against scratches. A good one also omits visible fingerprints, and improve sun readibility.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
Only human...
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryPi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umaru
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I had a matte screen protector on, but it would give me those rainbow colours all over the screen that you would get if you put a drop of water on your screen, and it was extremely annoying to read text with that.
I don't mind the slight graininess it gives off and matte screens are very smooth, but it was too much for me..