Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scratch Removal for Nexus S Plastic Housing/Backcover

Tip us?

Rango85
Old
(Last edited by Rango85; 9th May 2011 at 06:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Scratch Removal for Nexus S Plastic Housing/Backcover

I've been noticing scratches on the plastic backcover of my Nexus S that apparently comes about when the phone is placed on a hard wooden surface. Is there any product available that removes scratches and safe to use on this type of plastic?

suomaf
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango85 View Post
I've been noticing scratches on the back of my Nexus S that apparently comes about when the phone is placed on a hard wooden surface. Is there any product available that removes scratches and safe to use on this type of plastic?
Hope that you find an answer, meanwhile have a look at this? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=871308

Rango85
Old
(Last edited by Rango85; 9th May 2011 at 06:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Excellent find. Although the scratches aren't as bad, I'm thinking of using a plastic polish (even the Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0) to see if that removes them.

Edit: Bought Mothers Plastic Polish instead. Will keep you guys updated when I try it.

suomaf
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango85 View Post
Excellent find. Although the scratches aren't as bad, I'm thinking of using a plastic polish (even the Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0) to see if that removes them.

Edit: Bought Mothers Plastic Polish instead. Will keep you guys updated when I try it.
Any luck? can you take pictures before and after? Thanks much

Rango85
Old
(Last edited by Rango85; 12th May 2011 at 12:42 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Using the Mothers Plastic Polish on the Nexus S plastic backcover didn't remove them and actually introduced more scratches, but they were very fine and the phone needed to be held under light to notice.

I would advise anyone who gets this phone to order a case with it. My 2 year old Samsung Galaxy Spica takes more beating than this and still looks like new (without ever using a case too!)

suomaf
Old
Thanks Meter 49
yeah, the only solution for me seems to be order a throw around extra back cover if I were to go without a case, but they are not easy to find.