Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Spare part : sim reader

Tip us?

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellone View Post
Warning: the use of microsims Adaptor damage sim readers !!
yes and no, if you must use one you need to stick some cellotape to the edge of the sim and adapter, at the side of which is inserted first, this is the same as with some HTC and SE models.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

shockem
Old
(Last edited by shockem; 20th November 2011 at 03:34 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
I just got mine spoiled after returning from a holiday I've tried putting the copper thing back in place and slotting it back but it doesn't work. Now i have to wait till tomorrow to call Samsung support in hope that they will fix it if i pay money because my device has no warranty because it is from Australia and i'm using it in Singapore. Will they accept it to fix it if i pay for the repair?

And can anyone who used aluminium foil or anything to make it work post photos or videos on how to do it? I have no experience in soldering and stuff (15 years old) and i dont know how much foil to put there. Please help me!
Current Phone: Google Nexus 4
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Google Nexus S, HTC HD2, HTC Desire, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, etc.

Add me to your circles on Google+

Follow me on Twitter @vevekkk

Skirmishcs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too have the same thing happened sorry for my English
days ago I bought a galaxy's i9000 used by a private
and I realized I was missing a player sim pin so it does not read any sim card
this phone is not under warranty and is now in service in Italy I would like to know what you think I can spend to repair this damage? and how long should I expect in a service center samsung Italian?
Thanks for your attention

shockem
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirmishcs View Post
I too have the same thing happened sorry for my English
days ago I bought a galaxy's i9000 used by a private
and I realized I was missing a player sim pin so it does not read any sim card
this phone is not under warranty and is now in service in Italy I would like to know what you think I can spend to repair this damage? and how long should I expect in a service center samsung Italian?
Thanks for your attention
Hmm, i ended up sending mine to the service centre as well. Took a week, a whole week. It was about a total of $50 SGD. $30 for the enquiry and $20 for the replacement. Good luck!
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Google Nexus S, HTC HD2, HTC Desire, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to shockem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skirmishcs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockem View Post
Hmm, i ended up sending mine to the service centre as well. Took a week, a whole week. It was about a total of $50 SGD. $30 for the enquiry and $20 for the replacement. Good luck!
what work have they done exactly?
now it works well?
Perhaps here in Italy are slower

shockem
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirmishcs View Post
what work have they done exactly?
now it works well?
Perhaps here in Italy are slower
I'm in Singapore and i doubt the service depends on countries because it is just a service centre. They opened up the phone and they took out the sim card reader circuit board and ordered a new one. Then they put the new one in place and gave it back to me.

It works perfectly now. Also there wont be anything to worry about. Its just the sim card reader. its not really deeply embeded. I'd suggest you send it to the service centre. Good luck!

Skirmishcs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
we hope to be fast to me the phone is already in service from 5 days
I will keep up to date I have been very helpful
thanks

NXUSER
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sim Card Disaster!

Yeah I've had the same issue with the micro sim card pulling out the pins on my sim slot.

Was wondering if anyone did eventually post screen shots of the aluminium strip on the sim card method?

Or of a way to solder pins back on!?

Cos that would be fantastic and really help me try and make use of my nexus s rather than the attractive wifi enabled paper weight it has become!

Cheers!

shockem
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXUSER View Post
Yeah I've had the same issue with the micro sim card pulling out the pins on my sim slot.

Was wondering if anyone did eventually post screen shots of the aluminium strip on the sim card method?

Or of a way to solder pins back on!?

Cos that would be fantastic and really help me try and make use of my nexus s rather than the attractive wifi enabled paper weight it has become!

Cheers!
You should just send it to samsung. Like i did. Don't screw it up further

NXUSER
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cheers mate but I've just checked and it's out of warranty. I could do with a method of fixing this myself if anyone has any other ideas! Several of the ins have broken off (I really regret using that micro sim adapt now)