[APP] Linux Tool for Bricked Nexus S after firmware update
Hey guys.. This tool will recover your bricked Nexus S after a bad firmware update. If your phone is showing anything on-screen, this tool is not for you. Don't forget to hit the donate button
.. hey, it's Christmas and my kid could use some extra toys. Note: 1/2 of any donations received from the UnBrickable are split with Rebellos for firmware development.
Last night I received a PM that Nexus S devices were getting bricked after applying a T-Mobile update. I responded by creating Revision 37 of the UnBrickable Resurrector
. Rebellos and I have developed a software solution to get bootloaders back on what would otherwise be a Hard Bricked (or lucky bricked) Nexus S.
You Will Need
You will need some software on your computer to get started. Here's what you need
Software Based Resurrection
Now that we have all the prerequisites taken care of, let's resurrect your device.
- In Ubuntu, right-click the UnBrickableResurrectorR38.jar, click properties>Permissions>"Allow executing file as program"
- Plug in your Nexus S
- Right-click the resurrector, open with Java, and observe the following image
- Select "S5PC110 (Nexus S) from the drop-down box.
- Click the Download Mode button. The resurrector will ask for a password to access the Linux device.
- Enter your password, then hold the proper key combination on your device to access Fastboot or Download Mode.
Depending on the button combination you hold, your device will end up in Fastboot or Download Mode. For Download Mode you can use Heimdall or create a Windows Virtual Machine and launch Odin. Fastboot may be easier to use for you. See other threads in this forum for loading software in Fastboot or Download Mode.
Please note, I do not own a Nexus S, so please follow the advice and answers of others who help you with your particular model in this thread.
Flash with Odin
. Use JOdin3
, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages
. Add me to your circles on Google Plus