Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Linux Tool for Bricked Nexus S after firmware update

Tip us?

mullamadd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehulk1969 View Post
Are you saying I cannot use your resurrector!

Do I need to physically open the phone and do the shorting thingy?
Dude, you need to do this before using a resurrector...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1566475

bluehawk20
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxmanz View Post
@adam,.... i have m200s korean,...i told u before,,... some this is really wrong,.... i have tried riff box,..but it stucks at 75% and fails to boot,... i dont have GPG box on any other i have extracted every SBL that existed in any rom bootloader image that existed,... but my cell phone fails to boot,... we cant have a valid .pit file for some reason,... so default firmware wont flash,... and i fail to understand ,... why it is only booting galaxy S SBL,... seriously,... it kills me!,.. to see my cell phone in drawer

it can boot galaxy S sbl and flash galaxy s rom,... with lots of corrupted features and is highly unstable,.... i tried to flash zimage of nexus s,.. no boot,....
no fastboot,... no adb,... and no emmc,... useless recovery menu,... thats all i get from galaxy s rom,...

next thing i am going to do is to flash bootloader imag via JTAG cable i have LPT and digilent USB jtag ill try it via H-jtag software,... if something good happens ,...ill post results,...

if some one wants to give me some heads up,... please do,...

ill keep my fingers crossed
Even riff couldn't complete boot repair?This is so strange!btw,what file u used in riff?M200's files available in riff?
Let me know ur progress.Me too sad looking at my nexus s being useless lying on my table.

BouRRi_GSM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,
my i9023 was working fine, and dead while pulling battery out when booting.
can't revive it with JTAG (Riff, Medusa and ORT).

so i erase phone with Riff, and now phone is detected as S5PC110 on windows.

so i install ubuntu.... latest java.... heimdall-prontend...

i repair phone using Unbrickable Resurrector by selecting "Nexus S" but can't get phone in Download Mode after succesfull resurrect.
so i select "Galaxy S" and resurrect, then phone is detected in Download mode with the 2 key light on.

i restart windows when keeping power key pressed to keep phone in download mode (cause is off if not), Windows detect Samsung mobile phone in modem, odin detect also phone but can't be flashed with multi-files, maybe wrong pit, cause i use the pit shared in forum and seem it's not ok, and can't find official pit file.

so i create a tar.gz file with heimdall, but it seem not working for me, maybe wrong steps or bad pit file.

anyway, can someone share working Heimdall One-Click file for my i9023, it's customer phone, and this problem happen to me when replacing LCD and take battery out when booting.
also working pit file will be helpfull.

thx in advance .

uxmanz
Old
(Last edited by uxmanz; 17th December 2012 at 05:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
well,... i guess this is most effing idiot phone i have ever used,... boots i9000 roms sbl and what not....but fails to load any of its own roms,... i have done every thing i could but this cell wont boon its own roms,..
some one has to rework on HIBL re config or do something,....else its solid as a Brick,....

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

riff box has i9020 backup but it wont finish the nand write process it stucks at 73 something percent,....
i gave my cell to some cell repair shop,... the idiot sctarched TRST strip,... now i have no choise left ,... i guess,... if some one gets a better idea,.. let me know
thanks

**the gist of this scene is: unless we boot nexus s own sbl cuz it contains its own pit locations,.... its solid as brick**

BouRRi_GSM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this Pit is saved by Z3X when Flashing working i9023.

it seem same like the one dumped with heimdall!!!

and it dosn't work with Z3X or Odin after resseruct Nexus S with i9000 sbl or maybe it dosn't work even with working phone.
Attached Files
File Type: rar I9023_8-1-2013_17-11-20.rar - [Click for QR Code] (423 Bytes, 81 views)

uxmanz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BouRRi_GSM View Post
this Pit is saved by Z3X when Flashing working i9023.

it seem same like the one dumped with heimdall!!!

and it dosn't work with Z3X or Odin after resseruct Nexus S with i9000 sbl or maybe it dosn't work even with working phone.
well as far as i have learnt so far ,... sbl contains partition table in it,... the pit file we have to load is to match with the partition table information in sbl,... the partition table in i9000 sbl is different from i9020 or 9023,.. and they are not cross compatible,....
we some how need to to boot its own sbl to make it work with nexus s pit file

anyways thanks

samcortez
Old
(Last edited by samcortez; 22nd February 2013 at 11:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Adam, I really, really, apreciate your job. It's amazing, now I got the download mode. I'm soo happy. Thank you. Really, really, thank you. I'll donate to you when I get some money. Regards!

Edit: About the hardware modification. I didn't solder anything, I just remove the resistor, Is this a problem?

uxmanz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcortez View Post
Adam, I really, really, apreciate your job. It's amazing, now I got the download mode. I'm soo happy. Thank you. Really, really, thank you. I'll donate to you when I get some money. Regards!

Edit: About the hardware modification. I didn't solder anything, I just remove the resistor, Is this a problem?

what model do u have?

and are u able to fully recover ?

land.apfel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I bricked my phone today by pulling out the battery at boot up D:

This seems to be my last chance, but I'm not very experienced with soldering.
Is there any way around soldering and getting my phone back to work?
At the moment is doesn't react to anything. No sign of life.

Thanks.
land.apfel

samcortez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxmanz View Post
what model do u have?

and are u able to fully recover ?
i9023. I went to Download Mode, but using the Galaxy S option, so, I couldn't flash anything due to errors. So, I went in to a assistance and ask they to do it for me, it coust me 20 dollars, I will pick the phone tomorrow. What I really want is to get into fastboot. So, I can flash the bootloader again.

What I'm planning to do is:

-Use this tool to go to fastboot mode.
-Open terminal and type: apt-get install adb (I guess it should be this, I'm not sure at all)
-Download image from Google, Adam has posted it somewhere in his topics.
-Type: adb flash bootloader.img
-And I really hope to get my sweet phone back.

---

Lan.apfel: Mine was broken due to it. I really think you will repair your phone using this. I took the battery out when booting. And, as yours, don't give any life signal till I use it.