Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Linux Tool for Bricked Nexus S after firmware update

Tip us?

Garner
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2106

DONATE TO ME
cant open the file?
please help :..(

"The file '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/UnBrickableResurrectorR38.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

Remember If I Have Helped You Hit The Button

cyberalex88
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
cant open the file?
please help :..(

"The file '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/UnBrickableResurrectorR38.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."
You skipped stage number one

Garner
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalex88 View Post
You skipped stage number one
sorry im a nood in linux

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Oh god :..( device not found, totally stuck

The Following User Says Thank You to Garner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdamOutler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
sorry im a nood in linux

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Oh god :..( device not found, totally stuck
Generally, use of the UnBrickable Resurrector requires a hardware modification. Open the phone, remove the xOM5 resistor and make the xOM5 value high instead of low. I'd like a chance to document the modification on the Nexus S. If you'd like to send it to me I can resurrect it for the price of shipping. Send me a PM.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.

waterface
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
Generally, use of the UnBrickable Resurrector requires a hardware modification. Open the phone, remove the xOM5 resistor and make the xOM5 value high instead of low. I'd like a chance to document the modification on the Nexus S. If you'd like to send it to me I can resurrect it for the price of shipping. Send me a PM.
So this makes me -and all the others who could resurrect their phone- even MORE lucky, doesn't it...

Garner
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
thanks for your reply

I have got your resurrector working it does something to my phone where it shows that its charging then it boots into ics but when i disconnect the usb lead it switches off and does not boot? any help anyone?

AndroidUser00110001
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thanks for your reply

I have got your resurrector working it does something to my phone where it shows that its charging then it boots into ics but when i disconnect the usb lead it switches off and does not boot? any help anyone?
I had that problem yesterday. After you run program, plug phone into usb cable, hold button combo as you normally would to get into the bootloader, when bootloader comes up you can use fastboot from linux or boot into windows to use fastboot to repair your boot.img and bootloader.img. Do not unplug phone if you are going to reboot into windows.

nicknowsky
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Talk about someone really helping the community in a pinch. This is huge, cause I know there's gonna be a lot of inexperienced users out there freaking out. Great job dude
AT&T 8125...AT&T 8525...LG Incite...AT&T Tilt....myTouch 3G&G1....Nexus One

iPad 16Gb....Camangi Webstation....iPad 2....Asus Transformer....HTC HD2 (2nd)....Nexus S....New iPad....Galaxy Nexus GSM....Nexus 7....Nexus 4....iPad Air(its amazing) (2nd)

Dundledorf Calrissian

bertans
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Hi Adam,

thank you... you saved my phone and all my data stored in!

I'm a Windows user so I installed Ubuntu "inside" Windows, I follow all the steps pressing the two volume buttons during resurrection (in order to activate the download mode), then I reboot in Windows where Odin did the rest.

Merry Christmas!
LG Nexus 4 E960
Asus Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi

Rafael Cadina
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I'm not with my phone in hands now, but I'll check this solution when i get home. Just bricked my phone yesterday due to an update from gingerbread to ics. I can't see anything on my screen, even the keys are not working. I hope your solution does the trick. Thanks in advance.