Version 1.3 [Released 9/7/11]
Proton Voltage Control is an easy to use app that allows you to set custom voltages for Nexus S phones running a supported version of Netarchy and Matr1x kernels (188.8.131.52 for Netarchy and 4.0 for Matr1x and up) This means you no longer have to muck around with command line codes and scripts, just one easy to use app!
I am a busy highschool student, with no solid income. If you like my app, please consider a donation
Update 16/9/11: Due to requests, I have built 1.3 again but with a different release key. Please UNINSTALL any old version before installing!
Version 1.3 ProtonVoltageControl-130.zip
Emergency Restore: proton_emergency_boot.zip
- Enter in your new voltages in the 8 text boxes, or use one of the 3 buttons at the top to give you a base to try.
- Hit Apply to set temporarily, and see how the voltages perform. If you reboot at this stage, the new voltages will be lost
- If these new voltages work well on your phone, enter them in again and this time check 'Save on Boot' then hit Apply. These voltages should be applied upon startup every time now
- It is easier to press one of the 3 voltages buttons to give you a base to work on
- The suggested voltages is mostly -20mV on all frequencies (from stock voltages) except for 1.4ghz and 1.3ghz which have been raised ever so slightly
- 'Save on Boot' creates an init.d script called proton_voltage_control with your entered values, so don't be alarmed if you see an extra init.d script
- Press Menu and Emergency Boot Zip to download a flashable update.zip to remove any 'Save on Boot' files in case you can't boot up due to setting the voltages too low. Boot into Recovery and flash like any other update.zip
Enjoy! Please ask if you have any questions, I will try to help with them. Standard disclaimer applies, I claim no responsibility for anything that goes wrong with your phone due to misuse of this app.
Also on the Market! https://market.android.com/details?i...voltagecontrol
Proton Voltage Control is fully open sourced
Source is available at my Github, https://github.com/jonathongrigg/ProtonVoltageControl
Spiicytuna [New UI overhaul]
Xan [Original Galaxy S app which gave me inspiration to write my own from scratch for the Nexus S]
'Serge' (from MarketEnabler I believe) [ShellInterface code]