5,595,196 Members 46,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [9/7] Proton Voltage Control v1.3 | Easy UV for Netarchy and Matr1x Kernels

Tip us?

Jonathon Grigg
Old
(Last edited by Jonathon Grigg; 16th September 2011 at 12:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] [9/7] Proton Voltage Control v1.3 | Easy UV for Netarchy and Matr1x Kernels

Version 1.3 [Released 9/7/11]

Proton Voltage Control is an easy to use app that allows you to set custom voltages for Nexus S phones running a supported version of Netarchy and Matr1x kernels (1.3.0.6 for Netarchy and 4.0 for Matr1x and up) This means you no longer have to muck around with command line codes and scripts, just one easy to use app!

Quote:

I am a busy highschool student, with no solid income. If you like my app, please consider a donation

Downloads

Update 16/9/11: Due to requests, I have built 1.3 again but with a different release key. Please UNINSTALL any old version before installing!

Version 1.3 ProtonVoltageControl-130.zip

Emergency Restore: proton_emergency_boot.zip

Usage
  • Enter in your new voltages in the 8 text boxes, or use one of the 3 buttons at the top to give you a base to try.
  • Hit Apply to set temporarily, and see how the voltages perform. If you reboot at this stage, the new voltages will be lost
  • If these new voltages work well on your phone, enter them in again and this time check 'Save on Boot' then hit Apply. These voltages should be applied upon startup every time now
Easy!

- It is easier to press one of the 3 voltages buttons to give you a base to work on
- The suggested voltages is mostly -20mV on all frequencies (from stock voltages) except for 1.4ghz and 1.3ghz which have been raised ever so slightly
- 'Save on Boot' creates an init.d script called proton_voltage_control with your entered values, so don't be alarmed if you see an extra init.d script
- Press Menu and Emergency Boot Zip to download a flashable update.zip to remove any 'Save on Boot' files in case you can't boot up due to setting the voltages too low. Boot into Recovery and flash like any other update.zip

Enjoy! Please ask if you have any questions, I will try to help with them. Standard disclaimer applies, I claim no responsibility for anything that goes wrong with your phone due to misuse of this app.

Also on the Market! https://market.android.com/details?i...voltagecontrol

Proton Voltage Control is fully open sourced
Source is available at my Github, https://github.com/jonathongrigg/ProtonVoltageControl

Credits
Jonathon Grigg
Spiicytuna [New UI overhaul]
Xan [Original Galaxy S app which gave me inspiration to write my own from scratch for the Nexus S]
'Serge' (from MarketEnabler I believe) [ShellInterface code]
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Jonathon Grigg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonathon Grigg
Old
(Last edited by Jonathon Grigg; 3rd June 2011 at 11:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254

DONATE TO ME
Donators
Tord Persson

Should work on all Nexus S models (including the 4G)

Sent from my Nexus S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonathon Grigg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

obsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Can I request custom settings save profile? In case something doesn't work you might want to go back to a profile and change things around.
Nexus 5 Stock(moded) un-rooted
Franco's Kernel AMOLED Gama settings | proper values
Volume+ = Louder Speaker

Guides:
Automatic backlight
Proper FULL wipe
The Following User Says Thank You to obsanity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Linus82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Using it, and loving it so far

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

ItsDace
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Good App. I will buy Pro Version if you publish one in the market.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510
HTC Sensation Z710e

HTC Desire, Nexus S

bringonblink
Old
(Last edited by bringonblink; 22nd May 2011 at 07:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198
Had been using script manager with custom scripts to get settings loaded on boot, but have deleted them to use this

Really like the app, can't wait for UI improvements (even though it is fully working now).

Get this thing on the Market with a pro version!

Edit: Jonathon, maybe you could go in depth a tad more on usage , just for the moment because people new to UV may be confused what it does and how it works exactly

tadaha
Old
Thanks Meter 33
thanks dude, it's awesome! I've been waiting for an app like this to UV netarchy's kernels!
i'm running CM 7.0.3 with netarchy's 1.3.2, just did a -50mV across all frequencies and it has been working very well.

Dario777
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Please forgive my ignorance... but what exactly can be obtained by altering voltages??

Better battery life etc?

jello24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the UI for UV'ing! It makes life so much more easier than typing on terminal.

One concern though, my settings are not saving on reboot. I'm running SuperAOSP 8.0 with Netarchy 1.3.0.12 CFS 2.3.4 Universal and after entering my desired values and checking Save on Boot, upon restart the app reads back the default voltages again (1450 etc...).

The program does state that it saves it to init.d but other than that it doesn't save it. Am I doing something wrong or am I supposed to re-enter values everytime i make changes to my phone that requres a reboot, which is a lot considering i try out a lot of the ROMs out there often.

ItsDace
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario777 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance... but what exactly can be obtained by altering voltages??

Better battery life etc?
Better battery life and lower temperatures.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510
HTC Sensation Z710e

HTC Desire, Nexus S