5,598,086 Members 41,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful to you?
Yes 171 96.61%
No 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

[Compilation] Flashable zips of Recoveries (Update-Jul 28, 2013) [Nexus S-crespo]

Tip us?

xbs
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
Last version before CWM changed backup method to the crappy incremental one.
That's why.
~ Nexus 7 2013 (Flo) [CM 11] [Stock Kernel] ~ Transformer (TF101) [KatKiss-KitKat] [Kat Kernel] ~ Nexus S (Crespo) [CM 11] [Devil Kernel] ~

stremax
Old
Thanks Meter 65
don't be rude
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1905
Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear.

Sent using the xda mobile app

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal View Post
Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear.

The biggest problem to me with the new v6 CWM is definitely the incremental backup. It's good for the casual person that makes a nandroid every rom update for some reason, but it sucks major for anyone trying different roms with different base. The blobs folder will become huge, actually bigger than what the full nandroid of the rom would be, and you have to keep it on your phone at all cost because modifying it or deleting it will explode your backup.

It becomes a hassle to manage several different configurations and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

DJBhardwaj
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stremax View Post
don't be rude
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method
Extremely Helpful
Nexus 4 - ThinkingBridge ROM (Latest build) // Nexus S - ThinkingBridge ROM (Latest build) // HTC Desire Z - AOSP 4.2.2 // LG Optimus One - CyanogenMod 10
Nexus 4 Guide // Nexus S Guide
Follow me on Twitter!

( ( Join The Nexus 4 Geeks Community on G+ ) )

Kindly Obey The Forum Rules
Are you a Recognized Contributor? Please read this

DJBhardwaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Today, I extracted Stock ICS IMM76D recovery and also discovered TSM CWM and TSM TWRP recovery images. Apart from this, I did made a zip for 5.8.0.2 too.
So, 4 new flash able recovery zips coming tomorrow.

Credits to slukk for TSM recovery, polobunny for sharing the 5.8.0.2 CWM edition & stremax for the explanation
Nexus 4 - ThinkingBridge ROM (Latest build) // Nexus S - ThinkingBridge ROM (Latest build) // HTC Desire Z - AOSP 4.2.2 // LG Optimus One - CyanogenMod 10
Follow me on Twitter!

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1905
Quote:
Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...
Yes I have it installed and it does say 5.8.0.2 in recovery. All those numbers are quite confusing, I guess.

DJBhardwaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal View Post
Yes I have it installed and it does say 5.8.0.2 in recovery. All those numbers are quite confusing, I guess.

Perhaps, 5.0.8.2 never existed. Koush directly updated for 5.0.2.x to 5.x.x.x due to his new introduced touch interfaced recovery. So it is definitely mislabeled
Follow me on Twitter!

The Following User Says Thank You to DJBhardwaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBhardwaj View Post
Perhaps, 5.0.8.2 never existed. Koush directly updated for 5.0.2.x to 5.x.x.x due to his new introduced touch interfaced recovery. So it is definitely mislabeled
You should update the OP with the other flashable recoveries submitted.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

DJBhardwaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You should update the OP with the other flashable recoveries submitted.
Last one to upload then I will update the post
Follow me on Twitter!

The Following User Says Thank You to DJBhardwaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
custom recoveries, cwm 6, stock recovery, twrp 2.x