View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful to you?
Yes 176 96.70%
No 6 3.30%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

[Compilation] Flashable zips of Recoveries (Update-Jul 28, 2013) [Nexus S-crespo]

OP DJBhardwaj

6th December 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #11  
Flag Vinewood
Thanks Meter: 157

822 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Last version before CWM changed backup method to the crappy incremental one.

That's why.
6th December 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #12  
Flag vasto
Thanks Meter: 66

357 posts
More
don't be rude
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method
6th December 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,042

3,327 posts
More
Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear.

Sent using the xda mobile app
6th December 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #14  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,461

6,133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal

Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear.

The biggest problem to me with the new v6 CWM is definitely the incremental backup. It's good for the casual person that makes a nandroid every rom update for some reason, but it sucks major for anyone trying different roms with different base. The blobs folder will become huge, actually bigger than what the full nandroid of the rom would be, and you have to keep it on your phone at all cost because modifying it or deleting it will explode your backup.

It becomes a hassle to manage several different configurations and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...
6th December 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #15  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,820

3,100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stremax

don't be rude
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method

Extremely Helpful
6th December 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #16  
Flag Delhi

3,100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Today, I extracted Stock ICS IMM76D recovery and also discovered TSM CWM and TSM TWRP recovery images. Apart from this, I did made a zip for 5.8.0.2 too.
So, 4 new flash able recovery zips coming tomorrow.

Credits to slukk for TSM recovery, polobunny for sharing the 5.8.0.2 CWM edition & stremax for the explanation
6th December 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,042

3,327 posts
More
Quote:

Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...

Yes I have it installed and it does say 5.8.0.2 in recovery. All those numbers are quite confusing, I guess.

7th December 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #18  
Flag Delhi

3,100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal

Yes I have it installed and it does say 5.8.0.2 in recovery. All those numbers are quite confusing, I guess.

Perhaps, 5.0.8.2 never existed. Koush directly updated for 5.0.2.x to 5.x.x.x due to his new introduced touch interfaced recovery. So it is definitely mislabeled
The Following User Says Thank You to DJBhardwaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #19  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,461

6,133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBhardwaj

Perhaps, 5.0.8.2 never existed. Koush directly updated for 5.0.2.x to 5.x.x.x due to his new introduced touch interfaced recovery. So it is definitely mislabeled

You should update the OP with the other flashable recoveries submitted.
7th December 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #20  
Flag Delhi

3,100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You should update the OP with the other flashable recoveries submitted.

Last one to upload then I will update the post

The Following User Says Thank You to DJBhardwaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom recoveries, cwm 6, stock recovery, twrp 2.x
Previous Thread Next Thread