[Compilation] Flashable zips of Recoveries (Update-Jul 28, 2013) [Nexus S-crespo]

Was this thread helpful to you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
Hey folks,

Looking into this very section, I find most of the custom recoveries lost long into previous pages. Plus not all of them offered flash able zips.
My intentions here at this thread is to provide you people with flash able zips of all the custom recoveries available till date for the Samsung Nexus S (crespo) all at the same place. For it would make it easy for new buyers who join our community, to find all the available custom recoveries. :victory:

Available zips for the following:
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 5.8.0.2 Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Non-Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Non-Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Non-Touch
  • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Non-Touch
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.1.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.3.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.0.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.1.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.2.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.3.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.4.0
  • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.5.0.0
  • Stock Jelly Bean (Build: JZO54K) Recovery
  • Stock Ice Cream Sandwich (Build: IMM76D) Recovery
  • Stock Gingerbread (Build: GRK39F) Recovery
  • TSM CWM-6.0.1.3 Recovery
  • TSM TWRP-2.3 Recovery

Update Log:

Dec 6, 2012
- Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Touch
- Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Non-Touch
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.1.0
- Added Stock Jelly Bean (Build: JZO54K) Recovery

Dec 7, 2012
- Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 5.8.0.2 Touch
- Added Stock Ice Cream Sandwich (Build: IMM76D) Recovery
- Added Stock Gingerbread (Build: GRK39F) Recovery
- Added TSM CWM-6.0.1.3 Recovery
- Added TSM TWRP-2.3 Recovery

Dec 22, 2012
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.3.0

Dec 24, 2012
- Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Touch
- Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Non-Touch

Jan 31, 2013
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.0.0

Feb 5, 2013
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.1.0

Mar 02, 2013
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.2.0
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.3.0

Mar 14, 2013
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.4.0

Apr 09, 2013
- Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.5.0.0

Apr 26, 2013
- Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Non-Touch
- Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Touch

Jul 28, 2013
- Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Non-Touch
- Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Touch

I have provided the stock recovery for Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread for a simple reason, that some users might want to go stock without using the fastboot method of flashing factory images. I am still looking for more recoveries, if you can name them or provide a download link for the recovery image files for the same, It would be great.
Apart from this, I went through RZRecovery available here at Rootzwiki forum. But since the server has been suspended, I was not able to download. Does anyone of you have recovery image file for RZRecovery? If yes, then please bother to share ;)

Disclaimer
I am not at all responsible for any damage to your device. Perform every action on your own will and risk.

NOTE: I do not take any credit for this, all I did was picked up the image files for the recoveries and made the flash able zips for them. Credits go to the author/ developers of the respective recoveries.

Downloads:

The zips are tested and confirmed to work with CWM, TWRP & TSM.

Credits:
Koush: The ClockworkMod Genius
TeamWin: TWRP creators
Google: Android Creator
slukk: TSM Recovery Developer
polobunny: For sharing CWM 5.8.0.2
stremax: For his helpful knowledge about CWM

Any support regarding finding recoveries will be completely appreciated and credited. If you have any requests regarding this, you can mention them to me via this thread.
Please spare a few seconds to answer the poll on the top of this thread.

Last edited:

DJBhardwaj

Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
Woot, I thought you build 6.0.2.0 from source:(

Sorry to disappoint, I would love to compile 6.0.1.9 from source but I am afraid my time doesn't allow me.

Subscribed. Might be needing this in the future. Thanks for making the zips. :)

Sent using the xda mobile app
You're welcome.
Once we have enough compilation here of all the recoveries, I shall request the section moderator to stick it :angel:

Reactions: g33kt

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Here's CWM Touch 5.8.0.2 for crespo and crespo4g flashable zips.
Last version before CWM changed backup method to the crappy incremental one.

Attachments

• cwm_touch_crespo_5.8.0.2.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 393
  • cwm_touch_crespo4g_5.8.0.2.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 89

apatal

Feb 27, 2012
Manila
Why still post 5.8.0.2? What's the difference between this and the latest, 6.0.1.0?

stremax

Oct 14, 2011
vasto
don't be rude:)
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method

apatal

Feb 27, 2012
Manila
Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear. :)

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Oh OK. Thanks for explaining. I guess I just might go back to bm's Carebear version then. I don't really like the light gray background too much. I still like the dark background and the cute bear. :)

The biggest problem to me with the new v6 CWM is definitely the incremental backup. It's good for the casual person that makes a nandroid every rom update for some reason, but it sucks major for anyone trying different roms with different base. The blobs folder will become huge, actually bigger than what the full nandroid of the rom would be, and you have to keep it on your phone at all cost because modifying it or deleting it will explode your backup.

It becomes a hassle to manage several different configurations and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...

DJBhardwaj

Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
don't be rude:)
the new back-up method from cwm recovery split the image in two parts first is the common for each back-up the second is the variable files which developers change in update, this method is maybe good if you flash rom"X.v1" then "X.v2" and so on, the common part is the same and only the modified part are backed-up, you got an huge first nandroid (in my case more than 1Gb) and then smaller one
previous method backed up everything, about same size for each back-up, this is convenient if you switch between roms
but, AFAIK, and having issue with 6.0 recovery I switched back to 5 non touch, the new one never run good on my NS and I find really odd the new method

Extremely Helpful :good:

DJBhardwaj

Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
Today, I extracted Stock ICS IMM76D recovery and also discovered TSM CWM and TSM TWRP recovery images. Apart from this, I did made a zip for 5.8.0.2 too.
So, 4 new flash able recovery zips coming tomorrow.

Credits to slukk for TSM recovery, polobunny for sharing the 5.8.0.2 CWM edition & stremax for the explanation :cool:

apatal

Feb 27, 2012
Manila
Is it possible Brainmaster 5.0.8.2 is simply a mislabelled 5.8.0.2? Can anyone check that? From the time it was posted by BM it seems to line up a little time after the release of official 5.8.0.2...
Yes I have it installed and it does say 5.8.0.2 in recovery. All those numbers are quite confusing, I guess. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

Looking into this very section, I find most of the custom recoveries lost long into previous pages. Plus not all of them offered flash able zips.
    My intentions here at this thread is to provide you people with flash able zips of all the custom recoveries available till date for the Samsung Nexus S (crespo) all at the same place. For it would make it easy for new buyers who join our community, to find all the available custom recoveries. :victory:

Available zips for the following:
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 5.8.0.2 Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Non-Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Non-Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Non-Touch
    • ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Non-Touch
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.1.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.3.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.0.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.1.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.2.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.3.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.4.0
    • TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.5.0.0
    • Stock Jelly Bean (Build: JZO54K) Recovery
    • Stock Ice Cream Sandwich (Build: IMM76D) Recovery
    • Stock Gingerbread (Build: GRK39F) Recovery
    • TSM CWM-6.0.1.3 Recovery
    • TSM TWRP-2.3 Recovery

Update Log:

Dec 6, 2012
    - Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Touch
    - Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.1.0 Non-Touch
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.1.0
    - Added Stock Jelly Bean (Build: JZO54K) Recovery

Dec 7, 2012
    - Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 5.8.0.2 Touch
    - Added Stock Ice Cream Sandwich (Build: IMM76D) Recovery
    - Added Stock Gingerbread (Build: GRK39F) Recovery
    - Added TSM CWM-6.0.1.3 Recovery
    - Added TSM TWRP-2.3 Recovery

Dec 22, 2012
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.3.3.0

Dec 24, 2012
    - Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Touch
    - Added ClockworkMod (CWM) 6.0.2.5 Non-Touch

Jan 31, 2013
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.0.0

Feb 5, 2013
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.1.0

Mar 02, 2013
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.2.0
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.3.0

Mar 14, 2013
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.4.4.0

Apr 09, 2013
    - Added TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.5.0.0

Apr 26, 2013
    - Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Non-Touch
    - Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.1 Touch

Jul 28, 2013
    - Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Non-Touch
    - Added ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 6.0.3.4 Touch

I have provided the stock recovery for Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread for a simple reason, that some users might want to go stock without using the fastboot method of flashing factory images. I am still looking for more recoveries, if you can name them or provide a download link for the recovery image files for the same, It would be great.
    Apart from this, I went through RZRecovery available here at Rootzwiki forum. But since the server has been suspended, I was not able to download. Does anyone of you have recovery image file for RZRecovery? If yes, then please bother to share ;)

Disclaimer
    I am not at all responsible for any damage to your device. Perform every action on your own will and risk.

NOTE: I do not take any credit for this, all I did was picked up the image files for the recoveries and made the flash able zips for them. Credits go to the author/ developers of the respective recoveries.

Downloads:

The zips are tested and confirmed to work with CWM, TWRP & TSM.

Credits:
    Koush: The ClockworkMod Genius
    TeamWin: TWRP creators
    Google: Android Creator
    slukk: TSM Recovery Developer
    polobunny: For sharing CWM 5.8.0.2
    stremax: For his helpful knowledge about CWM

Any support regarding finding recoveries will be completely appreciated and credited. If you have any requests regarding this, you can mention them to me via this thread.
    Please spare a few seconds to answer the poll on the top of this thread.
    To flash android 4.4 we need a cwm 6.0.4.3 based recovery, unfortunately Philz has not yet released his recovery so...

new cwm flashable zips:

6.0.4.3 Touch

6.0.4.3 non Touch
    Could you explain what you mean by re-assigning the driver?

Probably not the correct terminology to use, I apologize.

Please ensure your device is connected to your machine and CWM is loaded.

On a Windows Machine do the following:

Navigate to Device Manager (Win + Pause|Break Key > Select 'Device Manager')

Locate device within the list that has an exclamation mark beside it (remove USB cable and reinsert to see if actions correspond with item visibility)

Ensuring that your USB cable is connected, right click on the device you located in Device Manager...

select 'Update Driver Software' > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Highlight 'USB Composite Device' (ensure 'Show compatatible hardware' was ticked before proceeding) > Finally Select Next.

The driver will now install. Once it has simply remove the USB Cable from your device and reinsert. This will initiate the re-assigned driver. You can proceed with mounting your Storage via CWM.

You should now see your device, Nexus S, is listed within Device Manager. You can proceed with installing the ADB driver's if you wish, or simply skip this step as it is not essential for USB Mass Storage operation.
    added cwm 6.0.3.4
    Re: [Compilation] Flashable zips of Recoveries (Update-Mar 02, 2013) [Nexus S-crespo]

2 more zips added for TWRP 2.4.2.0 & 2.4.3.0
    Sorry for the delay, had problems uploading with d-h.st

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2