XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Build a Kernel! + [KERNEL] marmite_v9.* MTP

Tip us?

vis80k
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedalus View Post
I'm on euroskank's aokp from 15th August, until krarvind adds a brightness slider in the notifications.
on slimbean now. it supports longpress on status bar to set brightness or hold and slide to your preferred brightness. like cm10 status bar brightness control.

only features I miss are volume wake/media skip and lockscreen customization.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vis80k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technogravy
Old
Thanks Meter 85
For some reason it seems like the Android OS battery drain only affects me.. I've tried multiple roms and different versions of bedalus kernel and the same annoying drain (3.5 doesn't have any drain though)
I'll be on matrix till an update in this kernel plays nice on my phone..

This kernel is otherwise just great.. I've noticed the Android OS keep awake its only with BLN enabled.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Device 1: - Nexus 4 || Android Version: - JellyBean 4.2.2 || ROM: - SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 2.5 || Kernel: - SlimBean-Stock || Radio: - 2.0.1700.48
Device 2: - Galaxy Nexus || Android Version: - JellyBean 4.2.2 || ROM: - SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 2.5 || Kernel: - SlimBean-Stock [leanKernel] || Radio: - XXLJ1

Retired: - Samsung Nexus S i9023

Get 2.5GB Free online storage at DropBox

polobunny
Old
(Last edited by polobunny; 20th August 2012 at 06:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2123
So apparently some people say the slowdowns related to RAM never going back to what you booted with is only with CM10 sources. So jellybro being real popular you'd get that, same with official CM10. Other roms based off CM10 would get this. CNA would be good since it's from AOSP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjerlzx View Post
Dude mtp is for windows. Majority of users use windows. Please read first page of this kernel

Sent from my Crespo using Tapatalk 2
Well aren't you a smartie. It's developped by Microsoft.

Doesn't explain what all the fuss is about. It's a feature that was good in ICS to work around the slow file transfers. I don't seem to have slow transfers anymore in JB, and MTP implementation is keeping nice stuff like IDLE2 from working. The support of MTP is absolute s!@# on Mac and Linux yet everybody seems to like it. I just don't get it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing out something a bit less obvious than "mtp is for windows"...
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A
The Following User Says Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrohanjs
Old
Thanks Meter 1334
i see noop is removed, problem is i always thought smartass v2/noop was the best combination for battery or ondemand/deadline

whats the best combo now for battery ?
" Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return "

CrackerTeg
Old
Thanks Meter 860

DONATE TO ME
I'm running smartassv2/ deadline. Going on 32 hours with 2 hours of screen time. Sitting at 35% now. Mostly on wifi but I've only dropped 20% since I've been off wifi at work in 6 hours.
GZRoms' Google+ community: Home of Ground Zero ROMs

Validus13 for Hammerhead:[ROM] GZRoms Presents Validus13 4.4.2 Hammerhead [AOSP]
Validus13 for Mako: [ROM]GZRoms Presents Validus13 4.4.2 Mako [AOSP]

Nut up and don't take the internet so serious. You will probably never meet these people in real life. - Me

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrackerTeg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linuxxp
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I'm with v.4.3_test 2 and now I have random reboot. Here is last_kmsg.txt

In this log there is only one line that repeats: [ ] s3c-i2c s3c2440-i2c.0: i2c_s3c_irq_nextbyte: called in STATE_STOP

Had a two conversation and then I used Advanced Task Killer, to kill unnecessary apps and 10 seconds after that the phone restarts himself.
Samsung Nexus S --> ROM: Slim Bean 4.3 Build 1; KERNEL: marmite
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxxp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bedalus
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7743
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxxp View Post
I'm with v.4.3_test 2 and now I have random reboot. Here is last_kmsg.txt

In this log there is only one line that repeats: [ ] s3c-i2c s3c2440-i2c.0: i2c_s3c_irq_nextbyte: called in STATE_STOP

Had a two conversation and then I used Advanced Task Killer, to kill unnecessary apps and 10 seconds after that the phone restarts himself.
I've seen this before.

I don't know what causes it, but it's something to do with audio. My 100% guess is that something is asking for more audio data, which isn't allowed in state stop. Unfortunately I have no clue if this is a kernel bug!
For various benchmarks, see my threads: >here<

bedalus
Old
Thanks Meter 7743
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohanjs View Post
i see noop is removed, problem is i always thought smartass v2/noop was the best combination for battery or ondemand/deadline

whats the best combo now for battery ?
There was a flaw in the tests i did. Deadline and cfq are both fine choices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedalus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bedalus
Old
Thanks Meter 7743
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
So apparently some people say the slowdowns related to RAM never going back to what you booted with is only with CM10 sources. So jellybro being real popular you'd get that, same with official CM10. Other roms based off CM10 would get this. CNA would be good since it's from AOSP...

Well aren't you a smartie. It's developped by Microsoft.

Doesn't explain what all the fuss is about. It's a feature that was good in ICS to work around the slow file transfers. I don't seem to have slow transfers anymore in JB, and MTP implementation is keeping nice stuff like IDLE2 from working. The support of MTP is absolute s!@# on Mac and Linux yet everybody seems to like it. I just don't get it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing out something a bit less obvious than "mtp is for windows"...
I'll provide a version without mtp so idle 2 works
The Following User Says Thank You to bedalus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

temo2k
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
I don't seem to have slow transfers anymore in JB
Have you actually tested it? The speed difference massive. If you're able to get anywhere near the same speed let us know how you do it and then we can benefit too.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe