Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] marmite v10.6 final

Tip us?

Oodie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1966

DONATE TO ME
Ohh ! Why didn't i see this before .
( Note to myself - i should visit general section time to time )

seems really interesting . Go bedalus

! You Can DONATE Me - If I've been any help to you !

Always Use Thanks Button If Anyone Helps You !

The Following User Says Thank You to Oodie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedalus View Post
Actually thalamus is fine for me to release this! Yay. Thanks thalamus.
Glad to see you guys coming to terms about this. I've been a fan of both your work here and it would have been a shame if development we're discontinued due to this misunderstanding.

I still don't get the marmite reference though.

Sent from my Nexus S

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1955
Quote:
apatal provides some handy scripts for wiping: http://forum.xda-developers.comshowt...php?p=19746141
No I didn't!
But if any one needs a quick way to do a full-wipe or just dalvik-wipe, you can use the files below, which are flashable in recovery and created by brainmaster. Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dalvik-Wiper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (147.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: zip ROM-Wiper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (148.2 KB, 7 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to apatal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
_thalamus Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Actually thalamus is fine for me to release this! Yay. Thanks thalamus.

Links will reappear when the OP is properly organised and credited.
Just for everyone else:

bedalus emailed to apologise and we had a discussion and I said there was no need to remove the links or get the thread locked and that the release wasn't an issue as far as I was concerned, it was just slightly unfortunate the way that it occurred.

I said that everyone makes mistakes and I wasn't making a big deal out of it, I was just stating how I felt.

I also said I was happy to assist if he needed assistance in the future.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bedalus
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8502
UPDATE: Download link is back up in the OP.

To do: I probably need some sort of naming system to keep track of the versions. Also, I need to push my local version back to the public repo.
For various benchmarks, see my threads: >here<
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bedalus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1955
Flashed it this morning and everything seems fine for now. BLN is working great. I'll post more observations later as I take it through its paces and report issues I may encounter. For now, looking good and looking forward to further development!

p.s. Don't you think it's time we move the thread to the NS Development forums as thalamus has already given his blessing for the project?

bedalus
Old
Thanks Meter 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal View Post
Flashed it this morning and everything seems fine for now. BLN is working great. I'll post more observations later as I take it through its paces and report issues I may encounter. For now, looking good and looking forward to further development!

p.s. Don't you think it's time we move the thread to the NS Development forums as thalamus has already given his blessing for the project?
I suppose it's possible later on. For now this isn't really development. I know enough about code to successfully merge the BLN in, but so far I haven't actually written any code myself. Thanks for testing it out! What phone are you on?

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1955
Quote:
I suppose it's possible later on. For now this isn't really development. I know enough about code to successfully merge the BLN in, but so far I haven't actually written any code myself. Thanks for testing it out! What phone are you on?
i9023.
Ran antutu earlier while on performance and got a score of 3110. The bar graph it's slightly lower than Nexus S but so far, I haven't noticed any real negative manifestation of this supposedly low scoring setup.

I did get a random reboot earlier but I'm hoping it's just a glitch, something that it needed to get out of its system, and that everything will be smooth sailing from now on.

I'm on the latest rascream, btw, with brains master's tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus S

bedalus
Old
Thanks Meter 8502
Quote:
i9023.
Ran antutu earlier while on performance and got a score of 3110. The bar graph it's slightly lower than Nexus S but so far, I haven't noticed any real negative manifestation of this supposedly low scoring setup.

I did get a random reboot earlier but I'm hoping it's just a glitch, something that it needed to get out of its system, and that everything will be smooth sailing from now on.

I'm on the latest rascream, btw, with brains master's tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus S
Cool. Keep an eye on those reboots. I remember many people blamed BLN for instability. These claims were never substantiated so there's just as much chance it was purely random. Remember my version of the kernel updating script does not wipe cache or dalvic-cache, so that might be the first thing to try if you have problems.

As for performance, I'll do a statistical comparison between this and thalamus' original version.

UPDATE: New version available with voodoo-color (and sound was there already!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedalus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
_thalamus Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
[snipped]
If you post the output of cat /proc/last_kmsg I'll take a look and see what caused it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]