FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

[KERNEL][04 APR] GLaDOS V2.11

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,721

By Ezekeel, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th November 2011, 04:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th December 2011, 01:21 PM |#1501  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekeel

I released GLaDOS V2.4 including some bug fixes for Live OC which should take care of potential instabilities or performance issues.

I read some reports from people that were plagued by reboot/SoD problems that these issues were gone after a complete wipe and installing everything from scratch without using any backup software like Titanium. This is what I did and I am not having any trouble, so I can only recommend that.

Thanks for the 2.4 version. Merry Christmas!

stempox
24th December 2011, 01:43 PM |#1502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekeel

I released GLaDOS V2.4 including some bug fixes for Live OC which should take care of potential instabilities or performance issues.

I read some reports from people that were plagued by reboot/SoD problems that these issues were gone after a complete wipe and installing everything from scratch without using any backup software like Titanium. This is what I did and I am not having any trouble, so I can only recommend that.

thanks for the new version, I wish you a Merry Christmas and happy ..
samuel
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2011, 01:47 PM |#1503  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 9

More
hey ezeekel.. merry christmas, now get some rest =p.. enjoy your holiday man =).
24th December 2011, 01:53 PM |#1504  
Thanks Meter: 541

More
I'm at a uptime of 38h 50m with 2.3 v2 cfs. So I'd say glados is stable now...

Gonna flash 2.4 now anyway, I have ORD after all.
Merry Xmas! ^^
24th December 2011, 02:08 PM |#1505  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
I flashed this on nexus beam. Wiped cache/dalvik, but every time my screen turns off or on, a green screen comes on for brief second.....why is that?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
24th December 2011, 02:14 PM |#1506  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi!! Random restarts after I flashed the 2.4 version... Backing to 2.3 now...

Merry Christmas from Brazil!
24th December 2011, 02:21 PM |#1507  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Can someone post 2.3 for me?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
24th December 2011, 02:46 PM |#1508  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 906

More
WOW Thanks a bunch Ezekeel! You been hard at work and it's much appreciated! This is the best Christmas ever! Lmao! Thanks again buddy and hope you have a Merry Christmas!
24th December 2011, 03:05 PM |#1509  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aic719

I'm sorry but are all the updates gonna be like 15mb? I'm just curious.

Sent from my Nexus S

This is mainly because of embedded boot animation, something I don't like among other things.

I know I can manually edit the zip to remove boot animation but I have to do that on every release and it's not comfortable (moreover I'm always worried about something can go wrong during unzip, delete, re-zip process)

I hope Ezekeel will start to release a version of kernel without animation on regular basis.
24th December 2011, 03:09 PM |#1510  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provolinoo

This is mainly because of embedded boot animation, something I don't like among other things.

I know I can manually edit the zip to remove boot animation but I have to do that on every release and it's not comfortable (moreover I'm always worried about something can go wrong during unzip, delete, re-zip process)

I hope Ezekeel will start to release a version of kernel without animation on regular basis.

I doubt this is solely the cause because prior v2.0, all of the GlaDOS updates used to be 6-7 MB and the boot animation was still there.
24th December 2011, 03:11 PM |#1511  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 510

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provolinoo

You can use ASTRO file manager to delete the boot animation inside the zip without manually unzipping and rezipping.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread