[KERNEL] Nexus S Trinity Max 1.1/Vmax 1.2 Kernel - 2/10/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rb9228

Jan 3, 2011
Yomitan
Where does one set the max amount that you want to OC, especially without SetCPU (since I've read a lot that SetCPU shouldn't be used anymore)?

Until CM7 CPU settings work or you use a specific kernel with a set speed (i.e. Trinity 15) the only way to select different UV/OC speeds on Max or Vmax is thru an app like SetCPU (or OverclockWidget, CPU tuner, etc.) SetCPU didn't work great for me as it kept FC, but it's good for now.

derfasaurus

Mar 31, 2010
Bristol, UK
anyone still having su app issues, try this version of trinity vmax for cm7 http://goo.gl/gf0Y2
ive been using it since 5am without any su app issues. give it a whirl and let morfic or me know how it goes

Just flashed VMax and installed SetCPU again. Set it to max of 1.3GHz and everything is running smoothly.

Is Max going to save power over VMax? I'd like to get power savings over OC'ing.

Maybe I'll try flashing Max again since I've installed SetCPU.

rb9228

Jan 3, 2011
Yomitan
anyone still having su app issues, try this version of trinity vmax for cm7 http://goo.gl/gf0Y2
ive been using it since 5am without any su app issues. give it a whirl and let morfic or me know how it goes

Thanks. Quick question: The link you gave is to #58. The version that's on the OP is #59 (or so it says on my device under About phone). Am I missing something? By-the-way, I'm currently not having su app issues.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks. Quick question: The link you gave is to #58. The version that's on the OP is #59 (or so it says on my device under About phone). Am I missing something? By-the-way, I'm currently not having su app issues.

its a different version. i was testing this one since early in the morning. the reason i posted it is because im seeing that some are having su issues with certain root apps. im not experiencing any su app issues with #58, but had the issue with the other versions.

XBOHDPuKC

Sep 9, 2007
Trinity VMax + Nightly CM7 = Bluetooth does not turn on. It waits for 20-30 secs and then stays off. Anyone else seen this?

burnfire

Dec 31, 2010
detroit

Running smooth for me at 1.4ghz after a few tweeks I'm run quad at 3683.. My best score so far. Will keep tweeking.

XDA APP---*Death to IPHONE!!!! Maybe not yet; Lets torture them first*

TruLuvNvrDies

Dec 3, 2008
First, kudos to morfic for hooking up this kernel. Curious, what's the average temp people are clicking on Trinity Max? Im running 1.3 at performance and I'm at 91 degrees f. Is that about right? Im new to the OC kernel thing and just wanted to know.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
First, kudos to morfic for hooking up this kernel. Curious, what's the average temp people are clicking on Trinity Max? Im running 1.3 at performance and I'm at 91 degrees f. Is that about right? Im new to the OC kernel thing and just wanted to know.

91 is normal. im actually at 91.4 right now, at 1500/100.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
noob comment, but the backlights dont work for me until i press one of them after turning the screen on. Stock Rom, Stock rom kernel. Known issue?

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

after 20 minutes of an3d benchmark at 1600/1600 @109.4F
it actually cooled down from 112 before i took the screenshot :-\

10f9nuq.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trinity Max is a Kernel for Nexus S running conservative core voltages at each OC level.
    Trinity Vmax only differs in extended voltages at each OC level.
    I recommend Max, Vmax is if you want to see if you can squeeze out just that last ounce of clock speed and are comfortable with the higher core coltages.

Perfectly fine to use setcpu including screen off profiles below 800MHz. Thanks to coolbho3k's patch that fixes the policies during suspend/sleep and restores the previous on resume.

This is for.Android 2.3.2.or below.

What you get:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    1000HZ
    Voodoo-Sound (Thanks Supercurio)
    Low-Freq Sleep Fix (Thanks Coolbho3k)
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Max-CM7-1.1
    Trinity-Max-Bionix-1.1
    Trinity-Max-StockRom-1.1

Vmax:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    Higher Voltages than the Max series Kernels
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Vmax-CM7-1.2

Trinity-Vmax-cm7-v1.1
    Trinity-Vmax-bionix-v1.1

Stock:

Stock Frequencies and Voltages
    BFS (Thanks Con Kolivas)
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks

Kernel for Stock Roms
    Kernel for cm7
    Kernel for Bionix NS

Experimental UV Big Bore kernel available: Trinity-UV-108BB-Experimental

------------------------------------------------------------------
    BT Trouble? Not in this house!

method of assurance: (lost track who said it first, it's in this thread, thanks)

- switch wifi OFF, switch BT OFF
    - update kernel
    - FIRST: on reboot switch BT ON
    - THEN switch WiFi ON
    Thanks. Am doing that. Would like to add overclocking.

Please attach your patch files. I repeat: you are hacking on a GPL source base. You should release your changes.

Thanks.

he'll release it when its ready. meanwhile he has more important things like his life and family to take care of. as far as i know, the world doesnt revolve around you. when the spare time is available to morfic, im sure it will be taken care of. ive seen you asking for it repeatedly, as im sure morfic has. i repeat, stop being an a-hole.
    Thanks for creating flash zip later.

And i ment a working kernel for the MoDaCo custom rom r3 ^^

What does it need in init.rc to work?
    If it does nothing special, it would work anyways, and if it does special stuff, link me to the initrd they use and i can build one with that.

I Will push the modified source to github once i am done, then they can take care of that if i don't before then.
    success!

here is bootable boot.img that will install correct bcm4329.ko and build.prop.

test:
    Code:
    fastboot boot oc_final.img
    or flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot oc_final.img

edit: whoops, typo.