[KERNEL] Nexus S Trinity Max 1.1/Vmax 1.2 Kernel - 2/10/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yungfresh

Aug 15, 2010
Can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to flash the trinity kernel over the cm7 nightlies? If so is the 1.4 stable enough?

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Personal experience. Yes, I am well aware of the pros and cons of cfs vs bfs and that bfs should be the superior kernel based on run/sleep relationship. That being said, I find cfs to be smoother and more stable than bfs.

I've done some research into what these two kernels do in the past and I'll admit I was a bit lost, so I decided to try a few of them out and I have to agree that CFS seems to provide a higher (however slight it may be) level of performance than BFS kernels. I can't quote you facts or links on this matter only my own personal experience and opinion.

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
I'm running the Bionix ROM with Trinity 1.4ghz and it's rock solid on my phone. However, the Trinity 1.4ghz for cm on the latest cm build 10 is no good for me. It gets stuck in a bootloop (completely resets the phone).

This is for informational purpose for those that tried the cm version in their phone and doesn't work. It may not be your silicon chip.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I'm running the Bionix ROM with Trinity 1.4ghz and it's rock solid on my phone. However, the Trinity 1.4ghz for cm on the latest cm build 10 is no good for me. It gets stuck in a bootloop (completely resets the phone).

This is for informational purpose for those that tried the cm version in their phone and doesn't work. It may not be your silicon chip.

i ran all day with the cm7 nightly #10 and the trinity14b 3.0 cm7 kernel without any problems. and now im running cm7 nightly #12 with that kernel, no problems.

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
Can we trade phones. ;)

Unless I'm missing something, it's not working on my phone. Full wipe applying cm build 10, gapps, then trinity 14b cm (trinity14b_v3.0_cm7.zip)

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Can we trade phones. ;)

Unless I'm missing something, it's not working on my phone. Full wipe applying cm build 10, gapps, then trinity 14b cm (trinity14b_v3.0_cm7.zip)

try it this way. boot into recovery, make a backup, do not wipe cache, do not wipe dalvik, flash nightly #12, flash gapps, flash trinity14b 3.0cm7.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Can we trade phones. ;)

try it this way. boot into recovery, make a backup, do not wipe cache, do not wipe dalvik, flash nightly #12, flash gapps, flash trinity14b 3.0cm7.

What's also worked for me is to go into recovery and flash cm7, gapps then reboot the phone. After the phone reboots go back into recovery and flash the kernel.

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
Gtfooh, I can't believe that worked. Funny that I tried the same thing with cm build 8 and it didn't go too well. Anyway, it's working great so far. Thanks jlevy73.

What's also worked for me is to go into recovery and flash cm7, gapps then reboot the phone. After the phone reboots go back into recovery and flash the kernel.

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
For a while my phone was hot but using on demand with setcpu cooled it down.

Smartbench was higher with bionix, though.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
heres a special treat from morphic http://goo.gl/B0hdB
its the Trinity15b v1.1 cm7 kernel. overclocked to 1.5ghz and compatible with CM7.
make a backup before flashing!

30jpnw1.jpg

wuyanks

Dec 18, 2009
heres a special treat from morphic http://goo.gl/B0hdB
its the Trinity15b v1.1 cm7 kernel. overclocked to 1.5ghz and compatible with CM7.
make a backup before flashing!

30jpnw1.jpg

good news: this kernel works on my phone, while the 1.4 didn't... does that make sense? did you tweak the voltage or anything?

edit: had my first reboot, 15 minutes in.... maybe not as stable as I had hoped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trinity Max is a Kernel for Nexus S running conservative core voltages at each OC level.
    Trinity Vmax only differs in extended voltages at each OC level.
    I recommend Max, Vmax is if you want to see if you can squeeze out just that last ounce of clock speed and are comfortable with the higher core coltages.

Perfectly fine to use setcpu including screen off profiles below 800MHz. Thanks to coolbho3k's patch that fixes the policies during suspend/sleep and restores the previous on resume.

This is for.Android 2.3.2.or below.

What you get:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    1000HZ
    Voodoo-Sound (Thanks Supercurio)
    Low-Freq Sleep Fix (Thanks Coolbho3k)
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Max-CM7-1.1
    Trinity-Max-Bionix-1.1
    Trinity-Max-StockRom-1.1

Vmax:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    Higher Voltages than the Max series Kernels
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Vmax-CM7-1.2

Trinity-Vmax-cm7-v1.1
    Trinity-Vmax-bionix-v1.1

Stock:

Stock Frequencies and Voltages
    BFS (Thanks Con Kolivas)
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks

Kernel for Stock Roms
    Kernel for cm7
    Kernel for Bionix NS

Experimental UV Big Bore kernel available: Trinity-UV-108BB-Experimental

------------------------------------------------------------------
    BT Trouble? Not in this house!

method of assurance: (lost track who said it first, it's in this thread, thanks)

- switch wifi OFF, switch BT OFF
    - update kernel
    - FIRST: on reboot switch BT ON
    - THEN switch WiFi ON
    Thanks. Am doing that. Would like to add overclocking.

Please attach your patch files. I repeat: you are hacking on a GPL source base. You should release your changes.

Thanks.

he'll release it when its ready. meanwhile he has more important things like his life and family to take care of. as far as i know, the world doesnt revolve around you. when the spare time is available to morfic, im sure it will be taken care of. ive seen you asking for it repeatedly, as im sure morfic has. i repeat, stop being an a-hole.
    Thanks for creating flash zip later.

And i ment a working kernel for the MoDaCo custom rom r3 ^^

What does it need in init.rc to work?
    If it does nothing special, it would work anyways, and if it does special stuff, link me to the initrd they use and i can build one with that.

I Will push the modified source to github once i am done, then they can take care of that if i don't before then.
    success!

here is bootable boot.img that will install correct bcm4329.ko and build.prop.

test:
    Code:
    fastboot boot oc_final.img
    or flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot oc_final.img

edit: whoops, typo.