Here is what's included in the kernel:
- Boot @ 1.1Ghz Overclock (Bus 220MHZ)
- 1320 Mhz overclock
- Undervolted to maximize battery life
- Kernel updated to 3.0.22 (new)
- Cold colors
- Cpuidle backport from 3.2 Kernel
- Ext4 and IO tweak backports from 3.2 Kernel
- CIFS Module built-in
- init.d support
- USB On the GO! Build5
- Wifi PM_FAST for faster screen off download speed and compatibility
- Increased refresh rate --> ** Only in HIGH_HZ version **
- Conservative - Default
- CFQ - Default
- Deadline (tweaked for flash devices)
- Simple IO
- Voodoo Sound V10
- BIGMEM for more available memory
- Backlight Notification
- Backlight Dimmer
- Battery Life Extender
- Custom voltage
Read before downloading
(Note: I don't wanna be rude, I just want to keep this thread clean...)
Q: What settings do you recommend? What governor? What IO Scheduler?
A: I recommend the default settings. This is why it there by default!
Q: My phone as rebooted on its own or is stuck on a reboot loop.
A: There are 3 reason why your phone may reboot on its own:
1. Your phone does not handle the Undervolt of the kernel
Flash the stock voltage add-on. (NO I will not make the kernel with stock voltage by default)2. Your phone cannot handle the Overclock of the kernel
Use another kernel, Sorry...3. There is a bug in the kernel and I should fix it:
Post the /proc/last_kmsg output as a ZIP in the thread. BUT, before posting make sure the last_kmsg contains the mention "Kernel panic", if not, don't bother posting this because your problem is related to point 1 or 2...A kernel Panic looks like this:
[ 4079.850240] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception [ 4079.850307] Backtrace: [ 4079.850504]  (dump_backtrace+0x0/0x10c) from  (dump_stack+0x18/0x1c) [ 4079.850568] r7:00000005 r6:d6b3a600 r5:c0707990 r4:c0741068 [ 4079.850905]  (dump_stack+0x0/0x1c) from  (panic+0x7c/0x1a8) [ 4079.851022]  (panic+0x0/0x1a8) from  (die+0x1a4/0x1d8)
Q: Why did you remove feature X?
A: Because I think it sucks
* This is my personal opinion and I am allowed to have it
Q: Can you add feature X?
A: Depends. Before asking that question, check the changelog.
If it was removed, NO.
* If you have a really good reason why you think a feature should come back from the dead, you can defend your case by PM.
If it's a new feature that I may not know about, just let me know of the feature and I'll consider it.
If its a new shinny CPU governor or IO scheduler, NO the ones that will remain do the job perfectly...
Q: What does feature X do?
A: Please try Google or Wikipedia before asking this. The answer is at the tip of your finger tips
SlimSG_08032012_FS.zip (FileSync Enabled - Safer)
SlimSG_09032012_NoFS.zip (FileSync Disabled - Faster)
* None *
Kernel Add-ons: **Flash in CWM after the kernel.
Manage this kernel with NSTOOLS. Thx arifhn!
To get USB-OTG working you need USB Host Controller app installed. Thx sztupy!
Thanks to ezekeel, supercurio, morfic, franciscofranco, sztupy, reddv1 and koush which made this kernel possible.