[MOD] Flavours for Nexus S - Honey (version 0.8) for stock OTA JB (JRO03E)

Search This thread

droidance

Apr 22, 2011
H signal display works. But I'm really looking forward to the status power widget and reboot/bootloader access via power button.

I'm not ready to move back to CM yet so this would be perfect :D

Thanks!

flodb113

Apr 19, 2011
This is going to the Bookmarks folder;) Waiting for other mods, especially the status power widget.

yojlik

Aug 29, 2010
This is going to the Bookmarks folder;) Waiting for other mods, especially the status power widget.
Same here.

I'd also like to echo super_paws' suggestion of flashable zips for each feature. You're only making four and only two really interest me (the reboot menu and the power widget) and I'm sure others might like some but not others too.

Is the plan for the power widget to be customizable?

4I-I

Jul 7, 2011
Stuttgart
Same here.

I'd also like to echo super_paws' suggestion of flashable zips for each feature. You're only making four and only two really interest me (the reboot menu and the power widget) and I'm sure others might like some but not others too.

Is the plan for the power widget to be customizable?

if they are customizable i'd switch back to stock with these add-ons!

sent while eating an ice cream sandwich in the matr1x

jishnu7

Feb 26, 2011
Thank you for the initiative. My plan is to stick with stock ROM + eugine's kernel till CM beta builds are out. and this one is very useful.

If possible, please explain how you do it on odex rom.

Last edited:

manolohd

Nov 1, 2009
frunhyc
Super_paws, i have a request if is possible.
In your work in progress (Power Widgets on the notification bar) can you add the icon for enable/disable data network apn? (in Italy is very important because the 3g connection is limitated and expensive) TY

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Added version 0.2. Any feedback would be great.

Another PM sent to you. I was going to give the BP a try but noticed ContactsProvider.apk is only 22 kb and will replace the one in the ROM which is around 478kb. wondering what impact this would have on the google contact sync. same for the settings and systemUI. what options do you use to compile your mods.

super_paws

Feb 17, 2009
Scarborough, ON
Another PM sent to you. I was going to give the BP a try but noticed ContactsProvider.apk is only 22 kb and will replace the one in the ROM which is around 478kb. wondering what impact this would have on the google contact sync. same for the settings and systemUI. what options do you use to compile your mods.

When I re-compile, it's highly compressed, but should have no impact on functionality or performance. Let me know if you have any issues.

Make sure you do a Nandroid backup just to be safe.

Dukko

Oct 14, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Working awesomely, but no contacts pictures is synced. Don't know if it's a known issue. Waiting for the notification widgets! Keep up the good work man!

Sent from my awesome Nexus S using XDA

Mish.Mash

Dec 13, 2011
Los Angeles
Request!

I have a huge request: Can the next flavor PLEASE be "Chunky Monkey"? It's my absolute, all time favorite! And as a bonus, it's one of the best Ice Cream flavors EVER!
Thanks for the mod, but thank you even more for the "Cool" names! That's so "Cool" how you named it after Ice Cream, since the roms are ICE CREAM SANDWICH. But then if you really think about it, there really aren't like Butter Pecan flavored Ice Cream Sandwichs. Just Chocolate, Vanilla, & sometimes Strawberry, if you're lucky.
I noticed that you used the spelling FLAVOUR, instead of FLAVOR, did you know that the -our is actually British English, & the American English use is just -or? Isn't that weird? I mean we both speak English in America & In Britain, but words are pronounced & spelled different. Sometimes words are spelled & pronounced the same, but mean TOTALLY different things. Like, for the rear of a car, we call the storage space a TRUNK, they call it a BOOT. To us in America, a Boot is a type of shoe. We say elevator, they say lift. My favorite English sayings are: #1 - "I'm feeling a bit peckish". They say this if they are a little hungry. It sounds really cool, especially with their accents. #2 - Is "Bloody". Bloody this, Bloody that. "That's a bloody clever idea using ice cream flavors for a mod name mate". I like how it rolls off the tongue.
Anyway, thanks for your great mods, & for the "Cool" names. And if you could please name the next one "Chunky Monkey". If You don't like the Chunky Monkey name, I also like Cherry Garcia, Bonnaroo Buzz, & Chubby Hubby. Those are all Ben & Jerry's Flavors, because that's my favorite ice cream. They have a whole cool website about their flavors. BEN & Jerry's Flavors. What's your favorite ice cream?
The mods work great, & the name is my favorite part. I like it so much I made you this funny picture! Thanks again for the "Cool" stuff for my phone! :eek:

5s036.jpg

Karl231

Nov 21, 2010
My girlfriend is running nexus beam, could she flash this? If not, what is the easiest way to get to stock?

droidance

Apr 22, 2011
I really like this mod and I have one request.

Would you be able to integrate 'long-press to kill app' like CM7? This was one of my most favorite option on CM7 and I've been missing this feature a lot ever since I'm on ICS.

Thanks! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm starting Flavours again for Jelly Bean. Version 0.8 will include very elementary features.

Honey (version 0.8)
    - distinguishable 3G/HSPA signal icon
    - enable Dock options in Settings
    - Battery percentage on the status bar
    - toggles for Flavours features under 'Flavour settings' option in About page (not working - battery percentage enabled by default)
    - added nano, scp, and ssh for development use
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours

As with previous versions, only apply to OTA Jelly Bean for Nexus S (JRO03E).

---

Old ICS thread below:

[MOD] Flavours for stock OTA ICS 4.0.3 - Ginger (version 0.7)

I've been working on several modifications to the stock OTA ICS 4.0.3 ROM for the Nexus S

Please apply 'flavours' to stock OTA ROM only, and perform a Nandroid backup prior to patching. This patch maintains 'odex'-ity as well.

As a bonus, I will be naming each revision as a flavour of ice cream. :D

And as always, please post your results (good or bad). Thanks.

---

Completed
    - removes install-recovery.sh to persist custom recoveries
    - added tiny font size in Display options in Settings
    - integrated Facebook contact sync (credit to MoDaCo for the idea)
    - reboot/recovery on power menu (credit to CyanogenMod for the UI)
    - Name display for incoming calls
    - Stop app via long-press of the back button
    - Lock screen rotation enabled
    - toggles for Flavours features under 'Flavour settings' option in About page

In progress
    - Power Widgets on the notification bar
    - Show/hide keyboard via long-press of the menu button
    - T9 dialer with smart dialing
    - Camera shutter and focus muting
    - disable Bluetooth quick switch to maintain deep idle

---

Ginger (version 0.7)
    - toggles for Flavours features under 'Flavour settings' option in About page
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.7

Fudge Brownie (version 0.6)
    - Lock screen rotation enabled
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.6

Elderberry (version 0.5)
    - Name display for incoming calls
    - Stop app via long-press of the back button
    - 'Ice cream flavour' displayed in About page
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.5

Double Chocolate Chip (version 0.4)
    - Reboot selection (reboot, recovery, bootloader) has been added to the power menu
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.4

Chunky Monkey (version 0.3)
    - Facebook contact sync has been integrated into the APK/odex; no longer needs a startup script
    - requires end-user to clear data of Contacts Provider/Storage to recreate database
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.3

Butter Pecan (version 0.2)
    - Facebook contact sync
    - hijacks install-recovery.sh to load Facebook contact sync script
    - tiny font size in Display options in Settings
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.2

Almond Praline (version 0.1)
    - removes install-recovery.sh to persist custom recoveries
    - flashable zip through CWM
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/0.1

---

Vanilla
    - flashable zip through CWM
    - removes all flavours and returns your Nexus S to stock OTA
    - link: http://market.matthewhuie.com/xda/flavours/vanilla

---

Screenshots

Fudge%20Brownie.png
    Fudge%20Brownie-2.png
    Ginger.png
    Ginger (version 0.7) will be focused on toggles for the battery, rotation, etc.
    Elderberry (version 0.5) is posted.
    It would be terrific if you could add volume rocker wake and touch to focus on the camera :D
    I've posted links to the previous flavours, and also a Vanilla flavour to return to stock.

If you want to revert to Elderberry, flash Vanilla then Elderberry.