5,604,367 Members 48,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus S & Galaxy Nexus one click root toolkit ! Unlock bootloader+CWM+Su(or)SuperSu

Tip us?

m.sabra
Old
(Last edited by m.sabra; 30th August 2012 at 08:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Thumbs up Nexus S & Galaxy Nexus one click root toolkit ! Unlock bootloader+CWM+Su(or)SuperSu

This tool will root you nexus s/Galaxy Nexus install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
For Nexus S:4G,I9020T,I9023,I9020A.
Galaxy Nexus:GSM/Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Disclaimer!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
Quote:
DOWNLOAD
Current Version (Nexus S + Galaxy Nexus) 3.5: http://d-h.st/qaL

MIRROR:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1if2rvgpcte2rcs

Old versions:
3.0: http://d-h.st/mhO
2.0: http://dev-host.org/gcZ (nexus s only)
1.0: http://dev-host.org/bEE (nexus s only)

Quote:
HOW-TO
just unzip the content and run the tool ! drivers are included in case you need them.

incase you had any problems try rerunning the tool,and if you got superuser/supersu app but you are unable to use root apps,update superuser/supersu from the play store then update the binary from inside the app.

Quote:
CHANGELOG
V3.5
-added support for jelly bean
-few script optimization
-updated superuser and supersu

V3.0
-added support to galaxy nexus and all it's variants.
-added support to install super su.
-moved from *.bat to *.exe
-new icon
-su/super su, will now automatically flash no need to touch "install zip"
-skip bootloader unlock if you are already unlocked.
-update drivers

V2.0
-Removed "sticky.bat"
-modified su flashing script.
-the recovery now will stick automatically no need to flash any file after rooting or running any script.

V1.0
-initial release

ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED FROM DEVICE(only if bootloader is locked)
credits
-Chainfire for super su
-ChainsDD for superuser
-Pdanet for drivers
-Clockworkmod team for recovery
-my friend for the icon
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raducux
Old
Thanks Meter 162
am i going to loose everithing on USB storage ? or jjust sistem data ? i have to have a full rom right ?

m.sabra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by raducux View Post
am i going to loose everithing on USB storage ? or jjust sistem data ? i have to have a full rom right ?
if your bootloader is locked then yes you will loose everything on USB storage,if the bootloader is already unlocked you will not loose any data,you don't need to flash a rom after rooting the device as it will not wipe the system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I installed the drivers on my computer and am currently running the run.bat file. It's saying my device is not found. I have USB Debugging on, and USB storage is on. Any ideas?

stewie-droid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Sticky please

Can i replace CWR with newest img version?

PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD ON TOP.

m.sabra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaniac View Post
Hi, I installed the drivers on my computer and am currently running the run.bat file. It's saying my device is not found. I have USB Debugging on, and USB storage is on. Any ideas?
Turn off the usb storage,you just need usb debugging enabled if you turned on usb storage it will not work
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie-droid View Post
Can i replace CWR with newest img version?

PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD ON TOP.
The tool includes the latest cwm img,but if you want to replace it with another one you can do,just make sure you rename it to same name of the img in the root tool folder,but make sure that the recovery you will use is compatible with the nexus s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ritwik7
Old
Thanks Meter 9
After I execute run.bat the phone is rooted. I reboot using ClockWorkMod Recovery. Then, when I run sticky.bat and follow the instructions I get the following:

shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # rm /etc/installrecovery.sh
rm /etc/installrecovery.sh
rm failed for /etc/installrecovery.sh, No such file or directory

What should I be doing? Please help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ritwik7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m.sabra
Old
(Last edited by m.sabra; 31st March 2012 at 12:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwik7 View Post
After I execute run.bat the phone is rooted. I reboot using ClockWorkMod Recovery. Then, when I run sticky.bat and follow the instructions I get the following:

shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # rm /etc/installrecovery.sh
rm /etc/installrecovery.sh
rm failed for /etc/installrecovery.sh, No such file or directory

What should I be doing? Please help.
The phone should booted normally when running the sticky.bat (On the home screen),there is nothing to worry about just Complete the instructions normally one of the two scripts will fail since the name of the file differ in gingerbread and ics,try this rm /etc/install-recovery.sh and continue the instruction it should work and clockworkmod recovery would stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ritwik7
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for your reply. I used a FixRecovery.zip file from another thread and flashed it after executing run.bat again. Now I am able to boot into ClockWorkMod.

stefanos_79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwik7 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I used a FixRecovery.zip file from another thread and flashed it after executing run.bat again. Now I am able to boot into ClockWorkMod.
My friend can you guide where i can find this .zip because i m facing the same problem.thank you in advance

Tags
galaxy nexus, nexus s, one click, root, toolkit