Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{SUPPORT CANCELED}[OCR][WIN]For all ROMS & Devices[CWM&TWRP][10/9]

Tip us?
 
sean1984
Old
#211  
sean1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 679
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnylovesalman View Post
Hi Thanks , Can you be a bit elaborate on this ?

I flashed using this one click rooting , and it rooted and installed Super User .

Now Please tell me where I am wrong?

1. I will hold volume up+Power to go to Fastboot Mode.

2.??????????????????????????

3.then how do I flash this recovery sticky ?

Through Update via zip card option ?

I am getting Puzzled at all these.

In simple words, I am on Stock Recovery now, and I am rooted with SU, so I want to install a Custom ROM for my I9023.

But for that I dont find any option to get into CWM, to wipe factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and then install Zip from SD Card.

How do I do all those?

A video with download links would be very big help.
just download rom manager from market on your phone and flash recovery through the app. make sure you put the fix recovery zip on your sd card before you flash recovery. after you flash recovery through rom manager it will give you an option to reboot into recovery do that once in recovery select install zip from sd select recovery fix zip hit yes to flash it then reboot system now and then your recovery will stick when your using a stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to sean1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sunnylovesalman
Old
#212  
sunnylovesalman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2124
Posts: 1,362
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
So I have Downloaded ROM MANAGER PREMIUM LATEST VERSION,.

Now I have FLASH CLOCKWORD MODE RECOVERY(i WILL press that......? )

I have put the fix recovery zip on my sd card (Already).

Now I will do as You suggested................?

[ TELL ME.......If I want a Custom ROM, I will have that Zip in SD CARD, and then If I press INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD option inside the ROM Manager, will it give me to Install a NEW ROM ??????????????]
 
sean1984
Old
(Last edited by sean1984; 18th February 2012 at 05:44 AM.)
#213  
sean1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 679
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnylovesalman View Post
So I have Downloaded ROM MANAGER PREMIUM LATEST VERSION,.

Now I have FLASH CLOCKWORD MODE RECOVERY(i WILL press that......? )

I have put the fix recovery zip on my sd card (Already).

Now I will do as You suggested................?

[ TELL ME.......If I want a Custom ROM, I will have that Zip in SD CARD, and then If I press INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD option inside the ROM Manager, will it give me to Install a NEW ROM ??????????????]
once you have flashed clockworkmod recovery then flashed the recovery fix i gave you your recovery will stick so after that download the rom of your choice,place rom on sd card and flash through clockworkmod recovery.
steps to flash rom
power down phone
hold volume up and power button
use volume key to go down to recovery select using power button
once in recovery navigate to backup and restore and select backup so you have a backup in case anything bad happens
make sure the rom you want to flash is on your sd card before you wipe old rom
select install zip from sd
use this to clean wipe old rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1327665477
select rom wiper and then select yes
go to install from sd again choose rom you downloaded and hit yes
if the rom has seperate gapps then select install from sd and hit yes to install gapps
then navigate back and select reboot system now
done let phone boot into new rom
if you want rom with tons of great mods try this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463437
if you want rom close to stock with a couple mods try this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1488100
make sure to get correct rom for your phone either crespo or crespo4g
good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to sean1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sunnylovesalman
Old
#214  
sunnylovesalman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2124
Posts: 1,362
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
THANKS GUYS..............HERE IS ALL I WANTED IN EASY WAYS .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248760

Brainmaster did all the trick
 
sean1984
Old
#215  
sean1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 679
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnylovesalman View Post
THANKS GUYS..............HERE IS ALL I WANTED IN EASY WAYS .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248760

Brainmaster did all the trick
anytime
 
sunnylovesalman
Old
#216  
sunnylovesalman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2124
Posts: 1,362
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1984 View Post
just download rom manager from market on your phone and flash recovery through the app. make sure you put the fix recovery zip on your sd card before you flash recovery. after you flash recovery through rom manager it will give you an option to reboot into recovery do that once in recovery select install zip from sd select recovery fix zip hit yes to flash it then reboot system now and then your recovery will stick when your using a stock rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1984 View Post
once you have flashed clockworkmod recovery then flashed the recovery fix i gave you your recovery will stick so after that download the rom of your choice,place rom on sd card and flash through clockworkmod recovery.
steps to flash rom
power down phone
hold volume up and power button
use volume key to go down to recovery select using power button
once in recovery navigate to backup and restore and select backup so you have a backup in case anything bad happens
make sure the rom you want to flash is on your sd card before you wipe old rom
select install zip from sd
use this to clean wipe old rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1327665477
select rom wiper and then select yes
go to install from sd again choose rom you downloaded and hit yes
if the rom has seperate gapps then select install from sd and hit yes to install gapps
then navigate back and select reboot system now
done let phone boot into new rom
if you want rom with tons of great mods try this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463437
if you want rom close to stock with a couple mods try this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1488100
make sure to get correct rom for your phone either crespo or crespo4g
good luck!



Thanks for your immense help, and I am following what u said, just see whether I get a Bricked Nexus I9023 or I end up with a fine flowing ICS ROM.

And how do I use the ROM WIPER.zip?

That last help from you would make me atleast confident of doing it all the way ahead, without looking back.

Thanks for this help.
 
sean1984
Old
#217  
sean1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 679
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnylovesalman View Post
Thanks for your immense help, and I am following what u said, just see whether I get a Bricked Nexus I9023 or I end up with a fine flowing ICS ROM.

And how do I use the ROM WIPER.zip?

That last help from you would make me atleast confident of doing it all the way ahead, without looking back.

Thanks for this help.
rom wiper wipes out your old rom completely so you have a clean slate to flash new rom onto.you flash romwiper.zip in cwm recovery before you flash new rom
did you get clockworkmod recovery installed again? if you did follow the steps i provided you above in my previous post on flashing new rom
The Following User Says Thank You to sean1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sunnylovesalman
Old
#218  
sunnylovesalman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2124
Posts: 1,362
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
I am downloading the ICS rom that you gave me . Once thats downloaded, I ll put it in my SD and then I ll do what u said step by step.

And lets hope for the best.

And 1 thing I must say, I use Galaxy S2, its a much easy process with all these there.

Even a 3 year Old could flash ROMs , root, unrrot with a button like having a cup cake .

Because u have ODIN there .

But I must just say , that this Nexus s is not a friendly phone from any ways .

Your help was awesome that helped me to reach this far,........ for I was about to sell this crap i9023 today itself .

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Thanks bro.................u must get some thing from me .

I m on miui v4 and its running like butter.
 
heo_con184
Old
#219  
heo_con184's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 362
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montréal
will this tool unlock the bootloader for a nexus s which is already on Stock Rom 4.0.3 ?

Thanks
 
sean1984
Old
#220  
sean1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 679
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by heo_con184 View Post
will this tool unlock the bootloader for a nexus s which is already on Stock Rom 4.0.3 ?

Thanks
yes it wil unlock your bootloader

Tags
fast, oneclickroot, perfect, rooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes