I'm not going to bore you with some long ass intro.
JellyBelly is an AOSP source built ROM, it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.
This ROM is mostly a stock AOSP build however there may be certain Android upstream bugs present, I have also added a couple of small mods.
Android v4.1.1 (JRO03H) built from AOSP
Linux kernel v3.0.38
Advanced power menu with reboot and screenshot options
Big HighMem (alternative kernels will kill this feature)
Cursor enabled keyboard with volume keys
Download any file type
Facebook contacts sync
Init.d script support
Receive any file type via Bluetooth
SIP calling over 3G
Status bar toggles
Touch to focus camera
Volume button music controls
Volume button wake
Various other tweaks and features
A wipe is required when first flashing this ROM, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
- Download JellyBelly-xxx.zip to your sdcard storage on your Nexus S
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Up, ADB etc...)
- Back up your existing installation
- Select Install Zip from SD Card
- Find the JellyBelly-xxx.zip file you downloaded earlier
- Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install JellyBelly-xxx.zip
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Select Reboot
I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
Downloads are available below.
Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like this ROM and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' charity I support, you can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to .
Donate via Cancer Research UK
thalamus / schiznik