There seem already many AOSP builds for NS, but I'm just pleased to share my personal build with you. I took the Google source and CM kernel/vendor as a base and have done lots of optimization work. My changes for NS after forking CM vendor were listed in the changelog of the initial build. Devs can check out commits on my github. It may worth a note that it's AOSP so never request extra features. No doubt I will keep it as stock as possible.
- clearly go to CM Team and all worked for our NS
- steven676 for SurfaceFlinger and other patches
Final Build | MD5: 47af680bd273732d751de65656f62f7e
I don't hold the Nexus S any more, so if something in the final build does stupid for you, fall back to Build 6. And at last thank you again for your support.
- panorama preview. Check out CataHd's reply for the fix.
android-4.4.3-r1.1 build can be found in this reply. Panorama issue has been fixed.
You can find out all changes on my Github. Remember that AOSP ROM doesn't include Gapps, you have to install/flash it yourself.
- merged some fixing patches from CM etc
- fixed random rebooting issue
- saved about 3MB memory from the Kernel, thanks to pawitp
- added swipe the pull-down panel to switch between Notifications and QuickSettings, thanks to CM/Slim
- speed up statubar/notification drawer, thanks to kufikugel
- changed dalvik heap parameters to reduce memory footprint (CodeAurora)
- used double buffering instead of triple buffering
- disabled hardware Vsync completely
- fixed Screen record function, but in landscape only
- increased the extra free memory to 12MB (you can change it in build.prop at any time.)
- increased EGL cache size
- switched to SW-based Vsync implementation by Google
- fixed Keyguard layout for some languages
- added a workaround to suppress the SU binary deprecated warning
- few patches in Kernel and other minor fixes in SurfaceFlinger
- merge in AOSP 4.4_r1.2
- WebView black square issue was gone. Thanks to klusark for the wonderful porting work.
- fixed app to sdcard function
- enable low RAM feature in 4.4
- root access fixed in Superuser with ART enabled
- add Emoji support
- merge the extra free kbytes patch from 3.4 Kernel
- enable Swap for zRAM and KSM in Kernel side
- Kernel 3.0.101