Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][13-04-12][AOSP][4.0.4]Codename Android 2.0.0RC|Fully Open Source+Nightly Builds

Tip us?

DougEdey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The android OS appears to be keeping the phone awake and this results in a huge battery discharge! My battery was dead after 5 hours of standby and when I looked in the battery Use, "Android OS" was 77% with the timer for "Keep Alive" at 12h 34m (it was on the charger overnight and marked itself as hitting 100% CPU around this time).

ismailham
Old
Thanks Meter 28
What version are you on? Im on 1.4 and it has great battery life. I am using stock kernel. Did you install any apps recently that could have caused this? What kernel are you on?

Hamletiano
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismailham View Post
Still not working it gives me " an error occured. please try again " message. The Fields are not appearing.
Any other suggestions please? Should I have GOOGLE WALLET installed?
No, you do not need to have google wallet installed, i do not have it and i was able to buy a couple of apps today.

Try to install again gapps 4.0.4 (the ones in the ROM utility from 18-02-2012) and check...good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamletiano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DougEdey
Old
(Last edited by DougEdey; 28th February 2012 at 01:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismailham View Post
What version are you on? Im on 1.4 and it has great battery life. I am using stock kernel. Did you install any apps recently that could have caused this? What kernel are you on?
Everything is 1.4 stock. I put it on charge and it jumped up to 65% after 5 minutes. I wonder if there is something wrong with the battery calculations for some reason.

Edit: Also, it takes about 5-10 mins to realise when it's charging/not charging

HELLienadO
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
Everything is stock. I put it on charge and it jumped up to 65% after 5 minutes. I wonder if there is something wrong with the battery calculations for some reason.
The same happens to me sometimes when I disconnect the power cord, android os goes to the roof around 80% in a few hours of standby, but if I reboot the phone prior to unplug it, it will be fine and battery will last long.

shohratshankar
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhealy View Post
Is this kind of usage normal? Screen time is almost two hours and Android OS is keeping up with it.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
I had a similar issue last week, once I restarted the phone, Android OS started behaving itself.

Shoks Shankar

HTC One M8 ViperOneM8
N5100 Galaxy Note 8.0 CIV-Flexnote kitkat
Asus Nexus 7 3g- Stock
i9250 Galaxy Nexus- stock
Acer Iconia A500- JB AOKP

Life is an Adventure......Explore it!!

HELLienadO
Old
(Last edited by HELLienadO; 28th February 2012 at 02:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but here's the thing, after installing 1.4.0 I noticed that the stock keyboard wouldn't give me word suggestions in portuguese as in the previous version, then I checked that gapps replace the keyboard in the rom with another version which is smaller in size, I've replaced back manually the keyboard app with the included in the rom, now it works just fine maybe this is important for some people which their language is not included in the dictionary pack.

Deleting the keyboard app within the gapps zip won't work, this will delete the keyboard app in the rom and then won't install nothing because it's not there.

Shivammcool
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
The android OS appears to be keeping the phone awake and this results in a huge battery discharge! My battery was dead after 5 hours of standby and when I looked in the battery Use, "Android OS" was 77% with the timer for "Keep Alive" at 12h 34m (it was on the charger overnight and marked itself as hitting 100% CPU around this time).
Same...it is killing my phone

Follow me on Twitter @Shivammcool

Current:
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M
CyanogenMod 10.2 September 2nd Nightly

Past:
Nexus 4 4.2.2 AOKP
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 4.2.1
Roms: CM 10.1
HTC Amaze 4G
Rom: Stock ICS Sense 3.6 rom from Mobilicity
Nexus S (I9020T) MIUI.us 2.4.20
Clockwork Mod
Previously flashed roms:
CM9 V4.0
Nexus One 2.3.3
Rom Manager/Clockwork Mod
Rom: Cm7 7.0.3

stexyn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hi all,
please is there any way to activate torch just with one button press?
It's boring if you use it longer than few seconds
Thank you
Samsung Galaxy Note:

stewarta
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST99K View Post
this is the ****TIEST ROM ever.everytime i clean install and did it twice then titanium back up then reboot the device,it gets stuck on boot.same goes for every build.test your crappy rom before handing out to the public.i wasted 2 hours of frustration.

i9023
Amigo, I am being nice here, and with a friendly hand extended .... but before the entire swarm descends on you >>> do some serious reading on how to install these ROMs. With a few hundred thousand satisfied Codename Android users getting good outcomes, please reconsider your words and ... well the rest is up to you.
From a friend ....
LG Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2.
Samsung Nexus S GT-i9023, [CNA (Mod) 2.0.0-RC2 Android 4.0.4 IMM76D/Matr1x-CFS-V22.0, SmartassV2~SIO 200-1200Mhz/XXKL1], unlocked, rooted.

Asus Nexus 7, [Android 4.3], Back to stock locked, unrooted.
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, 18392QM 00121_ROW, [Android ICS 4.0.3, OTA 3, OnDemand~Noop], unlocked, rooted.