[ROM] [i9020/23] CyanogenMod 9 v4.0.4 v7.0 + CM Night builds

20th April 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #4791  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 67

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muvolt

I have flashed the latest nightly and I think that it's a little slower than the previous (especially in launcher, there is something like a small but disturbing lag) Maybe it's just in my mind though...Is there a way to do a speed benchmark for this rom (just to compare some output numbers with what others get)?

Other than the speed (which I'm always after), the battery seems to perform better compared to the previous version.

I also have a suggestion...Today in the morning, I got some messages and I noticed that the leds under the screen on my Nexus S, just stay on until I open the screen etc...Why not making them fading in and out continuously to save some battery, instead of having them on all the time?

Blinking the LEDs requires the CPU to be powered on to control the blinking. Leaving them on however does not. This allows the CPU to be powered down to deep sleep state as there is nothing to control.

The cost of leaving the LEDs on requires less power compared to using CPU cycles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AeroEchelon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #4792  
Thanks Meter: 149

681 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEchelon

Blinking the LEDs requires the CPU to be powered on to control the blinking. Leaving them on however does not. This allows the CPU to be powered down to deep sleep state as there is nothing to control.

The cost of leaving the LEDs on requires less power compared to using CPU cycles.

Thanks for that clarification!
20th April 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #4793  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 67

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muvolt

Thanks for that clarification!

You're welcome. It does seem counter-intuitive at first until you realize when when your phone is in sleep your CPU is trying to power down to save battery.
20th April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #4794  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 15

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaTiger

Its where you want to boot in to CWM Recovery or any other recovery (eg TWRP) and it gets stuck at this Dead Android and an exclamation mark. Its a bug in 2.3.6 roms in Nexus S and it is still a bug now in ICS.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Checked the apps, theres nothing else other than that. Unless your playing around with your phone like trying out new roms and kernels. CWM Recovery is the way to go. Anything else you have to use Apex Launcher. I just tried it out just than for you and theres an option to lock the desktop. Its like Trebuchet (stock launcher) but theres more options. All you have to do is just redrag your apps and it should all work.

Thanks a lot for all your effort
20th April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #4795  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 200

1,347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaTiger

Yes you can in a way. Get rom manger and do a back up of your current rom. So if you stuff up in any way by playing around with it. Just restore using CWM recovery which you can flash using rom manager. As i said ontop if the dead android appears (its stock recovery, which is a bug since you already flashed CWM) just boot CWM recovery via command prompt on your computer. Make sure you have ADB interface installed first so it can connect to your computer.

Apex launcher can do this, and a lot more
20th April 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #4796  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 14

194 posts
More
Arrow Kalim, I'd be glad if you answer this, since you test your releases
Quote:

Finally someone interested...that took time and pages ..
so anyone else willing to share their experience if using custom vibrate patterns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringonblink

I'll help, firstly how did you set a custom vibrate pattern? Using an app?

There is an option in default Messaging Android app settings under NOTIFICATIONS called "Vibrate pattern", after clicking on it, you have 6 choices and the 6th is Custom vibrate pattern. Right under Vibrate pattern is a box you can tick to enable "Vibrate on Call".

I'm on V6, any one who has a custom vibrate pattern and vibrate on call enabled, can you tell me if your phone vibrates during a call when receiving a text?
Last edited by oliver2ooi; 20th April 2012 at 06:50 PM.
20th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #4797  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 29

451 posts
Donate to Me
More
wifi is not working for me, i've tried multiple kernels did a proper fresh install, the error i get is authentication problem but i've reset my router it is functioning with other devices... any suggestions?
20th April 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #4798  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Tarragona
Thanks Meter: 1,999

1,109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon_X

wifi is not working for me, i've tried multiple kernels did a proper fresh install, the error i get is authentication problem but i've reset my router it is functioning with other devices... any suggestions?

What CM version?
The Following User Says Thank You to KalimochoAz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #4799  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,587

25,963 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalimochoAz

What CM version?

possibly this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1609721
20th April 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #4800  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 29

451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

possibly this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1609721

stable rls and the nightly both have the problem.. i just came across that post myself, going to give it a go

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread