Angry

[ROM] [i9020/23] CyanogenMod 9 v4.0.4 v7.0 + CM Night builds

6th May 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #5331  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixit

Has anyone else noticed that USB mass storage isn't working in 505 nightly? I have gone to an earlier backup to see if it's working in 506.

And it appears to be working fine in 506. Thanks Kalim.
6th May 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #5332  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 47

263 posts
More
to be included in next nightly:
Replace Themes stub with the actual launch intent (android_packages_apps_Settings)
update-cm-9-20120506-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
update-cm-9-20120505-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
German: Updated Strings CrepsoParts (android_device_samsung_crespo)frameworks: Fix audio routing when plugged to docks (android_frameworks_base)Camera : Timer Snapshot (android_packages_apps_Camera)Mms / Emoji support: Fix for Unicode 6.1 emojis, Preference toggle fix, and Better dialog for insertion (android_packages_apps_Mms)CM9-Add Russian to the supported spellchecker languages (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)Adjust statusbar PowerWidget indicator color to match ICS blue (android_frameworks_base)Camera: filter supported focus mode (android_packages_apps_Camera)DSPManager: WM8994 big cleanup (android_packages_apps_DSPManager)Busybox 1.20.0 squashed commit for ICS (android_external_busybox)Use #define value of 1 to indicate presence of headers. (android_system_core)ifdef fix for HAVE_SYS_UIO_H, not defined to '1' (android_external_strace)Update Ukrainian translation. (android_packages_apps_DSPManager)Implement additional keycodes (android_frameworks_base)Settings: Use Holo theme for ActivityPicker Dialog (android_packages_apps_Settings)Mms: Fix delete template warning message (android_packages_apps_Mms)Allow customization of SoftAp (android_frameworks_base)Ad-hoc network support (framework part) (android_frameworks_base)Use the Hotspot driver call from WIFI HAL (android_frameworks_base)wifi: Add AP specific API (android_hardware_libhardware_legacy)Settings: Fix font size mismatch in RingerVolumePreference (android_packages_apps_Settings)Settings: Fix font size in Profiles dialogs to match design (android_packages_apps_Settings)Framework: Slide lock delay support (Part 1 of 2) (android_frameworks_base)Settings: Slide lock delay settings (Part 2 of 2) (android_packages_apps_Settings)Update to strace v4.6. (android_external_strace)Settings: improve Spanish translation (android_packages_apps_Settings)Ad-hoc network support (settings part) (android_packages_apps_Settings)Danish translation (android_packages_apps_Torch)make flash indicator visible ref. 14418 (android_packages_apps_Camera)disable android adhoc lock, only check if we aren't in mismatch (android_external_wpa_supplicant_6)disable android adhoc lock, only check if we aren't in mismatch (android_external_wpa_supplicant)Change SIM Pin lock entry to center of window with transparent background for devices with large screens (Tablets) (android_frameworks_base)Remove useless accents from Hungarian keyboard & switch back to qwerty (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)updated pt-PT (european Portuguese) translation. fixed blanks and minor language fix (android_packages_apps_Settings)Updated Ukrainian translation. (android_packages_apps_Settings)extend PreferenceActivity for title text on a single pane mode (android_frameworks_base)Merge upstream v1.4.13 (android_external_iptables)FLACExtractor: Don't check size of first STREAMINFO (android_frameworks_base)Mms: Add ? and ? special case to strip unicode. Needed in Croatian. (android_packages_apps_Mms)Japanese : update translation, Add new translated string entries. (android_packages_apps_Settings)Electron Beam Animation (2/2 Settings) (android_packages_apps_Settings)SurfaceFlinger: Invalidate HWC Geometry on buffer validity change (android_frameworks_base)Allow different lease time in tether start command (android_system_netd)Increase CMD_ARGS_MAX in FrameworkListener (android_system_core)Allow configuration of DHCP lease time in tethering (android_frameworks_base)Get rid of the un-Holo background drawable in the running app detail view (android_packages_apps_Settings)telephony: SamsungRIL cleanup (android_frameworks_base)
update-cm-9-20120504-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
libmedia: renamed cflag for samsungs isSeparatedStream() (android_frameworks_base)Added "Support for emojis" on the MMS app (android_packages_apps_Mms)
update-cm-9-20120503-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
french: mail check frequency (android_packages_apps_Email)Email hungarian translations (android_packages_apps_Email)Browser hungarian translations (android_packages_apps_Browser)Camera hungarian translations (android_packages_apps_Camera)
7th May 2012, 12:09 AM   |  #5333  
Thanks Meter: 400

1,729 posts
More
im excited for the next nightly
7th May 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #5334  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 37

296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghling

Did Deep Idle worked on your phone since v7.0, where it also didn't if I remember correctly?

If "Slice it" slows the phone down, then maybe it's the app's fault or is it working with other roms (would be the most interesting information about that "issue"). If not, then just don't use it (and please stop posting such unrelated information in this thread).

About battery saver and / or SetCPU-profiles: I don't use any of it. I just set the cpu speed in the performance options and that's all. I really don't see how "screen off" profiles could save many battery, at least if there are not many apps running in the background, preventing the phone to go to sleep / DI.

And the question about which browser to use is surely just a matter of personal preferences. Personally, I avoid using the stock browser because most of the security issues found concern the stock browser mostly, so using another browser could be safer. But if you choose Dolphin, Chrome, Firefox, Opera or anything else is just a question of which one you like most.

I can tick/turn on deep idle but its the settings I can't get into where it shows top on and top off.

People say that if you know how to use battery saver than its worth to use it. SetCPU overall works for me to save battery.

I haven't found any security issues so far. I'm going to stick to stock because I don't want unneeded apps that can slow down the phone.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
7th May 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #5335  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 28

227 posts
More
Hey all,

I looked through the past 10 pages or so and couldn't find any info on this.

I'm using v4.0.4 v7.0 and I cannot find Google Wallet in the Play store.

I also tried manually flashing with this but Wallet just force closes. I'm not sure if it's outdated:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311072

I've tried Trinity and Matrix kernels, which supposedly allow Wallet to run, but they also force close Wallet for me.

I came from a fresh install of CM9. Wiped everything and started from scratch, even formatted the SD partition.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
7th May 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #5336  
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
Hi!

I just made the switch 'CM 7.0.2 + 007 Kernel' -> 'CM9 7.0 Default Kernel' (No overclock, ondemand governor, full wipe, clean install and so on)

So far I love it! But some stuff is bugging me a bit and I wonder if people have workarounds?
I know CM9 is still under heavy development but I just wonder if these are known issues or something?
  • Clock: When I loose cell network signal for a while, the clock gets way out of sync (clock is set to sync to network)
  • Camera: shutter button is now 'Power' instead of 'Volume'. What about when you want to quickly turn your screen ON/OFF to take pictures?
  • Screenlock PIN: if I choose that 'OK' needn't be pressed: "erase account if error". So if the screen turns on in my pocket, I'm dead?
  • Trebuchet: I preferred CM7 infinite scroll over the current side-scroll
  • Phone & contacts: it remembers the last screen it was on. I'd rather it didn't
  • Notification toggle widget: I miss the Flashlight
  • Wifi: The signal bar is gray at times (using JuiceDefender here), I think it's a known issue.
7th May 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #5337  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 14

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimjunkie82

Hey all,

I looked through the past 10 pages or so and couldn't find any info on this.

I'm using v4.0.4 v7.0 and I cannot find Google Wallet in the Play store.

I also tried manually flashing with this but Wallet just force closes. I'm not sure if it's outdated:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311072

I've tried Trinity and Matrix kernels, which supposedly allow Wallet to run, but they also force close Wallet for me.

I came from a fresh install of CM9. Wiped everything and started from scratch, even formatted the SD partition.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Don't just look, use the search this thread feature under the twitter, facebook and feed
7th May 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #5338  
Thanks Meter: 697

2,341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby_blue

Hi!

I just made the switch 'CM 7.0.2 + 007 Kernel' -> 'CM9 7.0 Default Kernel' (No overclock, ondemand governor, full wipe, clean install and so on)

So far I love it! But some stuff is bugging me a bit and I wonder if people have workarounds?
I know CM9 is still under heavy development but I just wonder if these are known issues or something?

• Clock: When I loose cell network signal for a while, the clock gets way out of sync (clock is set to sync to network)
  • Camera: shutter button is now 'Power' instead of 'Volume'. What about when you want to quickly turn your screen ON/OFF to take pictures?
  • Screenlock PIN: if I choose that 'OK' needn't be pressed: "erase account if error". So if the screen turns on in my pocket, I'm dead?
  • Trebuchet: I preferred CM7 infinite scroll over the current side-scroll
  • Phone & contacts: it remembers the last screen it was on. I'd rather it didn't
  • Notification toggle widget: I miss the Flashlight
  • Wifi: The signal bar is gray at times (using JuiceDefender here), I think it's a known issue.

- don't sync it to network
- power button is more natural since it's on top, when taking pics
- if you want other scroll type, download Nova or Apex launcher
- that's an ICS thing
- flashlight will be fixed eventually
- as you said, JD, Green power and similar apps turn off connection periodically. Signal bar is colored when you're connected to Gtalk/Google. So connect those 2 together and you'll get what's wrong.
7th May 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #5339  
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madd0g

- don't sync it to network
- power button is more natural since it's on top, when taking pics
- if you want other scroll type, download Nova or Apex launcher
- that's an ICS thing
- flashlight will be fixed eventually
- as you said, JD, Green power and similar apps turn off connection periodically. Signal bar is colored when you're connected to Gtalk/Google. So connect those 2 together and you'll get what's wrong.

Thanks for your quick answer!!

I just need to disagree with you on the camera power button:

You might be right for the more natural behavior but IMHO it's much less efficient if you often use your phone as a camera.

When you're taking pictures and you want to catch something really quickly, you should be able to lock/unlock your phone with a single button press. It unfortunately becomes impossible with this assignation whereas it works much better with volume keys because they serve no other purpose when you're in camera mode.

Anyway, will wait & see...

Thanks.
7th May 2012, 10:51 AM   |  #5340  
Thanks Meter: 75

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaTiger

I can tick/turn on deep idle but its the settings I can't get into where it shows top on and top off.

When I remember correctly, you had this problem in previous versions, right?
If so, was there a version of the rom after that where the stats were displayed (and not resulted in a forced close)? If not, it is possible that you still have the same problem / bug as in the previous version. Did you do a clean install?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread